A watch is still one of the most popular accessories for men. Besides shoes, men spend significant money on a good watch. Similar to what women’s necklaces say about their personality, a watch will tell you a lot about a man’s style and type. This means that the watch you choose should be an extension of your style.
A watch has long been more than just a timepiece for men. The best watches for men are those that have an aesthetic aspect in addition to many functions. You can distinguish between mechanical, automatic, and purely electronic watches like Smartwatches. Men like large and heavy watches, but they also love Apple watches.
We have therefore looked at a wide range of watches from well-known manufacturers. We want to show you how large the selection of the best watches for men 2020 is so that you can decide on a purchase easier.
Top 10 Best Watch Brands for Men in 2021
Last update on 2021-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. NEW: Casio Men’s ‘Pro Trek’ Outdoor Smartwatch
Casio Men’s ‘Pro Trek’ smartwatch gives you the freedom to get the most of your active life. It is the gold standard for outdoor watches on the consumer market and very popular with runners, hunters, and athletes. The watch is solar-powered and therefore doesn’t need a battery. Average daylight is enough to charge the watch constantly while wearing it. The straps are sweat-resistant and will not degrade even when you are an active sportsperson.
The watch is made from stainless steel and is water-resistant up to 100 m or 330 ft. The LCD display is easy to read even in sunny conditions; the band is 42mm. It also has the standard sensor set we like at Pro Trek, which is an altimeter, barometer/thermometer, and a digital compass.
- Mineral display
- World time and multi-alarm
- Accurate sensors offer you real-time notifications of the barometer, altimeter, and compass reading
9. NEW: Ticwatch S2 Waterproof Smartwatch
The Ticwatch S2 is a smartwatch for the modern man who wants to make a difference. It is the second generation of a smartwatch not made by a major watch or phone manufacturers. Ticwatch started as a Kickstarter project but gained quite a lot of attention and market share. This watch for men is not only affordable but comes with a variety of functions.
The smartwatch has a built-in GPS and can you anytime your accurate position in numbers and in a map. The technology is based on Android and supports Wear OS by Google. This means you can download a lot of apps for smartwatches from the Playstore. Furthermore, the 1.39” AMOLED screen is not only bright but also energy-saving. A full charge usually lasts two days. You don’t have to take off the watch when swimming or in the showers because it is waterproof up to 5 ATM. To check your fitness, you can choose between different sport modes and monitor your heart-rate 24 hours.
- Allows you to access Google play where you can download your favorite apps as well as watch faces
- Brings Google Assistant to your wrist, making your life easier
- Durable construction boasting of IP67 water resistance and dust resistant
- The inbuilt PPG sensor tracks your heart rate in real-time accurately
8. NEW: Citizen Men’s Eco-Drive Diver Watch
Citizen is an established watchmaker with decades of experience in manufacturing the finest analog watches. Don’t look for a LED display or a battery; this is a watch for grown-up men because it is a classic gadget. Still, it is fancied by active men who want a reliable timepiece with basic functions. With this watch, you can dive, swim, and snorkel without having to worry about water damaging your watch.
The watch boasts of Eco-Drive technology that is powered by natural light. There is no need to replace a battery or charge the watch; wear it, and you are good. This unit comes with a stainless steel case, dark blue dial, and a dark blue polyurethane strap, giving it a modern yet timeless appeal.
- Features Eco-Drive technology powered by a light
- Stylish molded polyurethane band with an adjustable buckle closure
- Features a solid 48 mm stainless steel case
- Has anti-reflective mineral crystal glas
7. Invicta Men’s 6981 Pro Diver Analog Swiss Chronograph
Equipped with standard features of a modern sports watch and classic elegance, the Invicta Men’s 6981 Chronograph is ready for active daily life and business wear. The watch has a black and white dial, which is visible in daylight and the dark. The sleek display also has stylish sub-dials with date information and full chronographic functionality. Furthermore, this timepiece uses a precise Swiss Quartz movement that ensures accurate time reading.
Crafted from high-quality materials similar to those found on high-end models, each chronograph is carefully made and rigorously tested to ensure exceptional performance. Ranging from the exclusive gold layering to skeletonized movements, this watch will surely make you stand out.
- Offers the user high tech and high style making it stand out
- Utilizes Swiss quartz movement and analog display, ensuring a timeless appeal
- Comes with Protective mineral crystal dial window
- Water resistance of up to 330 feet
6. NEW: Casio Men’s G-SHOCK GA100CM-5A
Living up to its reputation, the Casio Men’s G-SHOCK GA 100CM-5A is not only designed to withstand use in a tough environment but brings you a reliable service. This watch comes with all the attributes that represent the G-shock series. This includes electric shock, low temperature, gravity, water, and vibration and shock resistance.
The watch comes with a durable composite construction body that has a rugged and camouflage design. We love its water resistance (up to 200M), making it great to participate in water activities, including shallow diving. Other significant feature that comes with this model includes the preprogrammed calendar until the year 2099, LED light and 29 time zones.
- Impressive 200 Meter Water Resistant and Shock Resistant
- Comes with an Auto LED Light with Afterglow
- Full Auto-Calendar that is pre-programmed until the year 2099
- Includes 29 times world zones with 48 major cities includes
5. Timex Unisex Weekender 38mm Watch
This award-winning watch comes with a 41mm case and classic design making it a great example of the few watches that emphasize the contemporary style. When looking for watches for men, you will need to ask if you want a classic style, functionality, or something that shows your understanding of modern style and design. Timex is an old watchmaker founded in 1944 in the USA and one of the few American watch companies worldwide.
You probably should go for this model because it comes with durable construction, giving you reliable service for many years. This watch is also water-resistant and dust-proof, allowing you to use it in a different environment without any problem.
- Features a seamless Quartz movement and Indiglo night-light
- Has a protective mineral crystal dial window extending its gorgeous looks
- Comes with easy swap straps with adjustable buckle closure
- Decent water resistance of up to 99ft
4. Timex Full-Size Ironman Classic 30 Watch
Go beyond the basics and add some fun with the Timex Full-size ironman watch. As the name mentions, this watch for men is target mainly at those loving outdoor activities. If you are a runner, cyclist, swimmer, or all of it, then this is a great gadget for you. You can track your activities with different modes, including the impressive 100-hour-chronograph. Yes, this watch means it!
Thanks to its distinctive 30-lap memory, you do not have trouble reviewing your workout. The watch also comes with a night mode, simplifying its operation in the dark. Besides, this watch is crafted from lightweight and comfortable resin that you will barely recognize when it on your wrist.
- Innovative sports stopwatch featuring 30 lap memory
- Lightweight resin strap with an integrated buckle closure
- Impressive 100M water resistance
- Has a countdown timer as well as an alarm
3. Casio Sport Watch
Casio watches are undisputed favorites when it comes to sports watches for men all over the world. Crafted with a lightweight yet rugged design, you can use this watch without having to worry about the weather outside. The watch has an impressive water resistance of up to 200M. This is more than enough when you are snorkeling, shallow diving, and swimming. However, this watch is not recommended for diving.
It also comes with a night light and a triple sensor for altimeter, barometer, and compass. Additionally, this unit has a comfortable and customizable wrap strap, so you don’t have to worry about any inconveniences while wearing the watch.
- 24hr stopwatch and countdown timer
- Pre-programmed calendar
- Water-resistant to 660 feet
- Shock resistant
2. Samsung SM-R800NZSAXAR Galaxy Watch
The Samsung Galaxy watch combines two important features men like when it comes to a timepiece: functionality and design. As a smartwatch, the Galaxy provides an endless number of watch faces, from classic dial to modern widgets with health information. At the same time, it looks like a stylish watch on your wrist, close to the way more expensive analog models from luxury brands.
Samsung builds a top-notch gadget that works with Android and iOS phones. It has GPS built-in, and you can select different sports modes. Furthermore, it tracks your heart rate when you are wearing it ad you have access to many apps. Water isn’t an issue for the watch, as long as it doesn’t come with high pressure; it is 5 ATM water-resistant.
- Comes in three colors and two sizes, allowing you to pick the model that works best for you
- Inbuilt health tracking, coupled with Bluetooth connection, ensures you live a healthy life.
- The powerful battery runs for two days without charging.
- Pairs with both Android and iOS Smartphones through the Bluetooth connection
1. NEW: Apple Watch Series 5 GPS 44mm Smartwatch
Apple is, when it comes to design and features, still the leader in smartwatches. It is no surprise that they are the most popular watches for men these days. Even with the unconventional rectangle case, this watch is a statement of design and luxury. The gorilla glass will rarely take a scratch; the sealed body works fine during a shower or when swimming. Your Apple Watch even takes care of you with a built-in ECG and a technology that recognizes when you felt down, immediately calling for help.
Furthermore, this watch has an impressive battery life of up to two days and many apps and watch-faces. Electrical and optical health sensors check your heart rate, and the health apps give you advice during workouts. The GPS and the maps app show you where you are and where to go when asking for directions. The latter is possible with the microphone and Apple’s Siri technology.
- 50M water resistance allows you to use for shallow water activities
- Comes with built-in GPS
- Good smartwatch battery life
- Equipped with the new Apple Music streaming capabilities
Factors to consider when finding the best 10 watches for men
While decades ago, watches didn’t come with many features and were simply telling time, technology has revolutionized timepieces’ capabilities. Today, a watch is not only meant to tell time. They also come with features that tell the weather, whereas tracking our health. Depending on your needs, we hope that you will find a model that suits your needs. Hence we built this list of the best watches for men in 2021.