Studio monitor speakers are fantastic when it comes to the accuracy of sound. They are made particularly for producers and musicians to mix and master their tracks. The typical speakers advertised by famous brands on various media either don’t pay much attention to actual sound detail or they ‘up’ the treble or bass frequencies.
Studio monitor speakers, on the other hand, give you the purest and most accurate form of the sound that the singer wanted the public to hear. Monitor speakers also distribute the frequencies between the drivers thus providing powerful amplifiers despite the compact size.
In short, if you want a memorable sound experience, you need to go for the best studio monitor speakers!
- The 10 Best Studio Monitor Speakers in 2019
- 10. IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors
- 9. M-Audio AV42 Speakers
- 8. Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 7. KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 Generation 3
- 6. JBL LSR305 Studio Monitor
- 5. PreSonus Eris E4.5
- 4. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 3. Edifier S2000pro Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- 2. Mackie CR Series CR3
- 1. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- Factors to Consider When Buying a Studio Monitor Speaker
The 10 Best Studio Monitor Speakers in 2019
Read more detailed reviews of each product below:
10. IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors
These are a pair of super-compact studio monitors that have been particularly designed for those who work in a challenging working space like a project studio or a small bedroom. Apart from featuring a small footprint, these speakers also feature advanced EQ, advanced processing based on DSP, and good-quality components.
These monitor speakers deliver a flat frequency response varying from 55 Hz to 20 kHz. Moreover, these speakers also come with an exceptional transient response and stereo imaging.
The best thing is that you get all of these features in a reasonable size; they are roughly the same size as normal desktop speakers are! In fact, it is compact enough for you to put in in your bag and use it while doing projects on the road.
9. M-Audio AV42 Speakers
By using the AV42 speakers, you can update and revolutionize how you listen to the sound. The MDF cabinets, which are acoustically inert, eliminate all those resonances that negatively impact the clarity. The class A/B amplification offers 20 watts of power/channel.
The speakers come with a two -way design which features a completely optimized bass reflex design. Meanwhile, the OptImage IV waveguides deliver exceptionally clear highs and extended bass. With a rear-panel RCA input, these monitor speakers are compatible with a wide range of gear. The 1/8-inch aux can be connected to a mobile device, tablet, or computer. Moreover, there is also a headphone output which you can use for working privately.
8. Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
With Edifier R2000DB Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers you ill experience astonishing sound that you will love. Featuring innovative Bluetooth connectivity, this speaker makes an excellent choice for using with your mini home theaters, Computers, gaming consoles, as well as your Smartphone. They come in a pair of luxuriously looking speakers, giving your room a modern and stylish look.
What is even interesting about these speakers is that they do not need an amplifier and thanks to their Bluetooth connectivity, you can eliminate the unsightly wires when connecting them to your devices. Below are some of the other features that make these speakers stand out.
Well, should you purchase these Bluetooth speakers from Edifier? Well, if you are looking for big sound speakers that come with many bells and whistles, this is an excellent choice. It is not only easy to operate but also delivers high-quality sound that you will love. What’s more, these speakers come at a reasonable price, making them affordable. Who wouldn’t want that?
7. KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 Generation 3
These studio monitor speakers provide exceptional accuracy and performance for mastering, mixing, playback, and recording. The system comes with a one-inch soft dome tweeter and a 5-inch composite woofer featuring glass-Aramid. The speakers can deliver high frequencies ranging up to 35kHz.
These speakers also provide an extended bass response along with vocal clarity. The engineered surface successfully reduces distortion due to diffraction while the bass port reduces coupling at the boundary which, in turn, allows the user with flexible positioning. Due to numerous input connections, these speakers can be integrated easily into various system configurations.
6. JBL LSR305 Studio Monitor
The company, JBL, has successfully managed to put a great amount of performance and value in these speakers. Even though these speakers don’t provide wireless streaming and need a different set-up approach as compared to the average speakers, these speakers will be a great addition to your living room!
Considering the low price of the speakers, these are good looking monitor speakers that you need to own! The speakers come with an innovative design which is why the speakers come with ICW technology. This new technology can break up the audio frequencies so that the users get an expansive center image while there is no negative impact on the accuracy.
5. PreSonus Eris E4.5
Despite its low cost and compact size, these studio monitor speakers do not fail to provide exceptional sound quality. They are ideal for small home studios and can also work as high-fidelity speakers in place of computer speakers.
Due to the 4.5-inch low-frequency Kevlar transducers, silk-dome tweeters, professional controls for acoustic-adjustments, and class AB amplification/speaker, these speakers provide fantastic value!
Furthermore, these speakers also come with controls that allow the user to simulate various environments and flatten the frequency response for accurate mixing.
4. Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
The greatest thing about these studio monitor speakers is the convenience it provides. By pairing your tablet, computer, or phone with a Bluetooth, you can have wireless and hassle-free experience. Furthermore, it also comes 2 aux input ports so that you can conveniently connect two devices instead of constantly plugging into one device and then switching it.
These speakers come with a remote control with which you can control the volume, switch the sources of the input, and unmute and mute just with the press of a button. Apart from being full of amazing features, these studio monitor speakers are also made using high-quality wood, and as a result, they complement home décor exceptionally!
3. Edifier S2000pro Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
Listed among one of the favorite studio monitor speakers, these speakers feature 5.5-inch woofers and flat diaphragm tweeters, making them ideal for studio, as well as home use. Bluetooth v4.0 coupled with an aptX decoder enables the user to play audios from smartphones easily.
Coaxial and optical inputs enable spdif or Toslink connection for those who want loss-free audio streaming. The speakers also have Aux inputs. All of these exceptional features are packaged within a speaker with birch sideboards which add quality and go well with any décor. For added convenience, these studio monitor speakers come with a remote control.
2. Mackie CR Series CR3
These studio monitor speakers provide outstanding performance, design, and sound which are ideal for entertainment and multimedia creation. Professional-grade components allow optimized sound performance while an ultra-wide range of frequency enable full-range multimedia ranging from 80 Hz to 20 kHz.
Due to the speaker placement switch, you can choose the side of the desk which gets the CR3’s volume knob. The volume knob on the front panel allows you to control volume and power of these studio monitor speakers.
1. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
These are perhaps the best studio monitor speakers to date. The 2 Aux input allows a convenient connection to various devices. In fact, you can connect two devices using the Aux input at one stop so that you don’t have to plug and switch continuously.
The 13mm silk dome tweeter provides studio sound quality while the 4-inch full range unit allows natural sound reproduction. These studio monitor speakers come with a remote control so that you can adjust the volume using your fingers.
For the treble and bass, the control knobs are placed on the main speaker on the side. Moreover, these speakers come with a 2-year warranty, and a wood effect vinyl along with a wood-build finish works well with all decors.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Studio Monitor Speaker
To ensure that you get your hands on only the best studio monitor speakers, make sure that you consider these factors:
- The price: It is generally known that the more money you spend, of better quality, more power, and highly accurate the monitor speakers will be. But don’t let that think you can’t buy one at a lower price. As studio monitor speakers come in a wide variety, you can even find one that fits your budget. In fact, some of the best studio monitor speakers are very budget-friendly! All you need to do is shop around a bit.
- The size of tweeter and woofer: Consider the material of the woofer and tweeter as well as the overall quality of the build. The bigger the monitor speaker is the greater capacity they will have for frequency. The overall material and the build are also crucial. The ideal material for the two is fiber and carbon.
- How many speakers do you need? Make sure you read the details thoroughly. Some packages only include one speaker while other packages have pairs. Unless you particularly need a single speaker, keep an eye out for such things.
- The size of the monitors: Some monitors come with ample space for working while some only come with a small desk. Remember, don’t let the size of the studio determine the monitor that you should buy. So, make room if you really need to for a better quality monitor studio speaker.
- Active speakers or passive speakers? Active speakers are more common and are more liked by the general public. Meanwhile, passive speakers require some amplification. However, some people prefer to have speakers that they want to customize rather than those with good power and sound quality. Think about which ones you want before continuing.
- Is a subwoofer needed? Some people feel the need of a subwoofer when it comes to music production while others don’t. If you have a pair of studio monitors, then for home studios and small uses, the two will be fine because they provide a good amount of low-frequency sound. It is often said that subwoofers negatively affects the accuracy of the sound and boosts the bass. However, you can switch off the subwoofer whenever you want.
As you can see, there are a lot of studio monitor speakers you can go for. Just make sure you opt for one that’s able to provide you with the features you’re looking for. While all of the studio monitor speakers on the list are of high quality, if one were to choose, the Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers make a great buying choice.