If you often struggle to get those perfect lips with your conventional lipstick, you can give your lips a more defined look with a matte liquid lipstick. Typically designed with an applicator brush, the formula glides smoothly and precisely on your lips, leaving you with bold color and a beautiful matte finish.
As most matte lipsticks are highly pigmented, you can take advantage of the liquid form to easily control how much lipstick you need to darken or lighten the shade. It is much easier to apply and blend the colors without smudging your lips. Indeed, it just takes a few streaks or sometimes just only one coat to give your lips a smooth, neat, beautiful finish!
If you’re prepping for an event or you want to glam up, we’ve gathered the Top 10 Best Matte Liquid Lipsticks in 2021 that you can carefully consider, and perhaps, you’ll find the top-notch products to add to your lipstick arsenal. The detailed buying guide will also uncover the critical factors to take note of when choosing the perfect matte liquid lipstick!
There are so many benefits of using matte liquid lipsticks; some of these are mentioned below:
List of the Top 10 Best Matte Liquid Lipsticks in 2021
Last update on 2021-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. COVERGIRL Melting Pout Matte Liquid Lipstick
For a long-lasting and lightweight feel, Covergirl Melting Pout matte liquid lipstick will keep your lips elegant and vibrant all day. It has a pigmented color that builds up easily, and you can go up to 2 coats for a darker shade.
Formulated with natural and nourishing ingredients, it provides a smooth and easy application, and the precise applicators make it much easier to do so. It doesn’t feel heavy or thick on your lips and won’t leave chapped streaks as you put it on. Besides the beautiful coverage and staying power, it also comes with a sweet and mild scent.
- Glides smoothly as you apply
- It doesn’t feel thick or heavy; lightweight.
- Highly pigmented
- Infused with natural and nourishing ingredients
- Has precise applicator for well-contoured lips
- Has the sweet and mild scent
9. Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipstick
Wet n Wild offers a huge range of matte liquid lipsticks, and the Megalast Catsuit is definitely one of the best ones you can try. This cruelty-free lipstick starts as a glossy texture and glides smoothly on the lips when you apply it on but leaves a beautiful matte finish.
Unlike most matte lipsticks that often feel too sticky and hard to apply, this lippie keeps it nice and comfortable even with just one streak. You’ll get that highly pigmented color that will go well with your skin. And because it lasts longer, you won’t need too many touch-ups to get that bold shade.
- Easy and glides smoothly on the lips as you apply
- Highly pigmented
- Leaves the beautiful matte finish
8. Revlon Ultra HD Lip Mousse Hyper Matte
Revlon Ultra HD boasts its non-drying formula that keeps the skin smooth and moisturized while leaving a vibrant matte finish. As it goes pretty smoothly as you apply, the plush and precise applicator makes it much easier to contour and define the lips.
This beautiful matte in Death Valley shade feels lightweight, and the creamy formula makes it much more comfortable to wear up to 8 hours. This long-lasting lippie also doesn’t smudge, dries quickly, and does not flake and look chapped throughout the day.
- Super lightweight
- A creamy formula that leaves the skin smooth and moisturized
- Very easy and smooth to apply
- Precise and plush applicator for more defined and contoured lips
- Long-lasting; can last up to 8 hours.
- Do not dry, chap, and flake.
7. Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème
This matte liquid lipstick from Milani offers a non-drying matte formula that leaves fuller-looking lips with its velvety finish. As it adds vibrant color to your lips, it also nourished the lips to keep them moisturized at all times. It feels lightweight and smooth and smoothly glides on the lips as you apply.
Besides the pigmented color, this lippie also uses a precise applicator to help you define and fill in your lips with ease. As it is also labeled as cruelty-free, matte liquid lipsticks from Milani such as this Amore lip creme are never tested on animals, ensuring excellent quality and safe manufacturing process.
- The nourishing matte liquid lip creme
- Smoothly glides on the lips as you apply.
- Lightweight and smooth
- Highly pigmented
- Precise applicator to define lips easily.
6. NYX Matte Lipstick, Copenhagen
NYX is among the favorites for non-drying and long-lasting matte liquid lipsticks. Formulated with creamy whipped texture, it goes smoothly on the lips as you apply. It also uses a precision applicator that allows you to apply and do touch-ups with ease.
Although some matte liquid lipsticks feel heavy and sticky, this beauty from NYX is lightweight and feels like you’re wearing nothing. And if you need to be all glammed up for hours, this lippie is long-lasting and doesn’t smudge.
- It does not feel sticky.
- Easy to apply using the precision applicator
- It feels smooth as you apply.
- Doesn’t smudge
5. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick
For a long-lasting liquid lipstick that can last up to 12 hours, this mesmerizing matte from Stila will keep your lips bold and vibrant all day. This creamy-matte formula leaves a smooth glide when you apply it and sets in a beautiful matte finish for those shimmer-free lips.
It is also weightless and feels very comfortable to wear throughout the day. And besides the pigmented color and smooth finish, this lippie also keeps your lips healthy and plump with its Avocado oil and Vitamin E content.
- Long-lasting; Lasts up to 12 hours.
- Creamy-matte formula that glides smoothly as you apply
- Bold and vibrant color
- Weightless and comfortable to wear
- Enriched with Avocado oil and Vitamin E
4. The Balm Meet Matte Hughes
If you want to give your lips a quick transformation from sweet to sultry, this Meet Matte Hughes from the Balm shouldn’t be a miss. It is creamy and glides seamlessly as you apply using its doe-foot applicator. Its precise application gives your lips a more defined and contoured look.
And if you want to keep the vivid shade on your lips all day, you won’t have to re-apply now and then. This matte liquid lipstick is long-lasting and can keep your lips beautiful and pigmented all day. Plus, you won’t mind having them on all day because it has a subtle vanilla-mint flavor that would tickle your tastebuds. It smells good, too!
- Doe-foot applicator for precise and smooth application
- The creamy matte formula that doesn’t leave flaky or chapped texture
- Soft and smooth as you apply
- It has a subtle vanilla-mint flavor.
- Smells good
- Available in 12 different shades
3. Beauty Glazed Birthday Lip Stick Set
If you can not decide which color to try, why not try a lipstick set? Beauty Glazed surely has a lot to offer with this Birthday Lipstick set. It includes 6 different mesmerizing matte liquid lipsticks that you can play, mix, and match with your makeup and OOTDs. It is long-lasting but easy to remove with cleansing oil.
Enriched with Vitamin E and natural ingredients such as beeswax and vegetable oil, it spruces up your lips with ample moisture and leaves a beautiful non-drying matte finish. It feels silky and lightweight, making you feel more comfortable even when you have the lipstick on for hours. And because it’s waterproof, you can eat and drink without smudging the color off.
- Birthday set with 6 different shades
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Silky and feels smooth as you apply
- The creamy matte formula for a non-drying matte finish
- Enriched with Vitamin E and natural ingredients
2. Maybelline Makeup Superstay Lipstick
Maybelline is one of the most popular makeup brands that you hear and see almost everywhere. And when it comes to their vast collection of matte lipsticks, Superstay Matte Ink is a must-try. As the name suggests, it stays up to 16 hours – long enough to keep you glammed up even after your date night!
It goes smoothly on the lips as you apply, and every streak reveals a highly pigmented color. No need to re-apply too often, even after you eat, drink, or kiss! With the use of the doe-foot applicator, you’ll also get a precise application, making it much easier to define your lips for a fuller-lip look!
- It stays up to 16 hours.
- Uses the applicator with precision tip for well-defined and fuller lips
- Highly pigmented
- Doesn’t smudge
- It goes smoothly as you apply.
- It doesn’t leave a cracked texture.
1. Lime Crime Velvetines
It is waterproof, super pigmented, and just aesthetically beautiful. This Lime Crime Velvetines matte liquid lipstick takes over the top spot with its shimmer-free texture, giving your lips a bolder and sultrier look. It is also kiss-proof, touch-proof, and does not transfer or leave any streaks but only an even, smooth, and vibrant matte finish. It lasts all day and if you need to take it off, simply remove it with a makeup remover or cleansing oil.
This matte lippie is easy to apply and goes on smoothly on the lips. It also uses a doe-foot applicator for hassle-free, smooth, and precise application. This matte lipstick dries quickly and leaves a velvety finish for a soft and luxurious pout. It is also certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- Kiss-proof and touch-proof
- It doesn’t transfer and smudge
- No streaks or chapped texture
- Leaves smooth, vibrant, and velvety matte finish
- Glides smoothly on the lips as you apply
- Uses doe-foot applicator for precise application
- Vegan and cruelty-free
How to Choose the Best Matte Liquid Lipstick
- CHECK THE INGREDIENTS: Because you’re going to use it directly on your lips, it is imperative to check the ingredients whether they are safe to use or toxic. When you eat or drink, you’ll likely ingest some of the formula, and therefore, it’s a must that the liquid lipstick you’re wearing is edible.
Identifying the ingredients will also help you avoid any allergic reactions, especially if you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies. And to prove its safety, make sure that the product is FDA-approved. You may also find labels such as “vegan”, “cruelty-free”, “organic” or “natural”, which will indicate their manufacturing process and even the ingredients they have used.
Moreover, some companies compromise the safety of lipsticks to ramp up the pigment or color and the overall quality of the product. Avoid harmful ingredients such as parabens, lead, synthetic dyes, tocopheryl acetate, and retinyl palmitate. They can cause detrimental effects to your health and even a high risk of cancer.
- DETERMINE YOUR SKIN TONE: There is an immense array of liquid lipstick shades, and finding the perfect shade for your lips can be quite a headache. You might already have your favorites, but if you’re still trying to figure out which color suits you best, identifying your skin tone will help a lot.
For those with fair skin, nude and coral shades will complement your skin. So does red for the bold color. Burgundy, however, may not be the best shade for you.
If you have dark skin, settle for colors that contrast with your skin tone. Red and coral shades will look gorgeously perfect on dark skin!
Pink, corals, and red with a bit of orange work on pink undertones while coral and almost any color go well with olive-toned skin. Bronze, nudes, and red colors with a blue base tone can work like magic on yellow undertones.
If you have heavy eye shadows, you can highlight your eye makeup with a lighter lip color. Go for bolder shades if you want your lips to pop out and don’t have too much eye makeup. Nonetheless, you may have your personal favorites, but you can still play with different types of colors and figure out which shade fits you perfectly.
- BRAND REPUTATION: It is also significant to consider reputable brands when choosing a liquid lipstick as they have already established a trustworthy reputation in the makeup industry. You’ll be able to narrow down your options and determine which brand stands out in terms of remarkable quality and safe manufacturing process.
Choosing the best matte liquid lipstick can be pretty mind-boggling. With overwhelming options to choose from, it may take a lot of searching and testing to find the ultimate lip color. But it is much easier if you consider first the formula or ingredients to know if a lipstick is safe to use or not. Identifying your skin tone and finding reputable brands would also help a lot.
Unlike the conventional lipsticks, matte liquid lipsticks allow you to define and contour your lips with a vibrant and shimmer-free matte color in a more precise way. And to help you find the best and high-quality products, you can refer to the list and detailed buying guide mentioned above.