Face painting is one of the fun activities that kids do enjoy on certain occasions such as Halloween, birthday parties, get-togethers or even when they are just at home playing with their family or other kids. Because they love to dress up and be whoever or whatever they desire to be, face painting unleashes their creative and playful imagination.
Face painting kits come in different brands and sets of colors. However, you should be aware that not all of them are safe for children. So, how can you choose the best and safest face painting kits?
Our detailed and honest reviews, buying guideline and the top 10 list for 2018 will help you find the best one for you and your kid!
- SAFE CONTENT: Avoid face paints that have lead, nickel, cobalt or chromium content. These are toxic and harmful and can cause allergy or other health risks when applied onto the face. Be cautious and check the product’s information very carefully. You can make some research about the content of the product. It must be paraben-free, fragrance-free and has no other harmful chemicals. It should be FDA-approved, non-toxic, organic or hypoallergenic.
- SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: As this will be on your skin for an hour or so, make sure it is gentle to your skin or even to sensitive and the most delicate type of skin. The manufacturer would tell it so through the labels. But to test it out much further, you should swatch it onto your skin like your arm or elbow once you bought one.
- AVAILABILITY OF COLORS: If you are going to paint two or more faces with different animals or characters, the more colors your face paint kit has, the better. The face paint palette should at least have ten colors to create the character or design you want in complete shades. The colors should be water-based, creamy, bright and vivid. Although the colors are vivid and long-lasting, they should be easy to remove without the need of harsh removers or scrubbers.
- BRUSHES & STENCILS: Some kits don’t have any available brushes included and would require you to buy them separately. That might not be a problem if you can spend on it. But the best deals are the ones with free brushes. Some face painting kits include stencils for more variety of designs. These also make face painting much easier, especially for beginners.
- Best Face Painting Kits in 2018
- 10. Create a Face – Face Paint Kit + 32 Stencils
- 9. Face Paint Kit with 30 Stencils 9 Paints by Bo Buggles
- 8. Dress Up America 12 Color Face Paint Safe & Non-Toxic Face and Body Crayons
- 7. Face Painting Kit and Book – 56 Page Face Paint Book Complete Kit by Craft Clownfish
- 6. Face Paint Kit with 30 Stencils for Kids by Awesome Fun Face Paint
- 5. Face Paint Kit + 50 Stencils by Bo Buggles Professional
- 4. Blue Squid Face Paint for Kids 12 Color Palette
- 3. Blue Squid Face Paint Kit – 14 Colors
- 2. Artiparty Face & Body Paint Kit – Professional Palette – Non-Toxic & Hypoallergenic
- 1. Snazaroo Face Paint Ultimate Party Pack
- Related Articles:
Best Face Painting Kits in 2018
There are a lot of brands to choose from. But to give you the best of all the face painting kits available on the market, we’ve listed the Top 10 Best Face Painting Kits in 2018 reviews.
10. Create a Face – Face Paint Kit + 32 Stencils
If you are a beginner or you need a variety of designs, this face paint kit by Create a Face can be your guide. Aside from the 8 base colors, it includes 32 stencils with abstract and lovely designs and a guide book you can follow. It is also guaranteed safe and hypoallergenic with its non-toxic ingredients. It is FDA-approved.
Are you in a rush for a Halloween party or a special event? It only takes sixty-seconds for the face paint to dry! It dries quickly but stays on to the skin for long hours. But when the party’s over, it is easy to remove.
9. Face Paint Kit with 30 Stencils 9 Paints by Bo Buggles
Paint with stencils makes face painting much easier for first-timers! And if you are still looking for a nice set of brushes, stencils and paint palette, the face paint kit by Bo Buggles might be a good option.
Just like most face painting kits, it is FDA-approved, guaranteed safe, and suitable for sensitive skin. Your kids will love it! It has 9 face paint colors and 30 stencils that are and will remain adhesive even up to 4 uses. The colors are of premium quality and are all easy to put on and remove.
8. Dress Up America 12 Color Face Paint Safe & Non-Toxic Face and Body Crayons
Some users find it difficult to use face paints with brushes. You’ve got to have a good hand! If you’re one of those who thinks the same way, you need a good alternative. You might need Dress Up America Face and Body Crayons. Yes, they are crayons.
They come in 12 different colors, non-toxic and safe for children. All the colors are pigmented and vibrant! And to wipe it off, you just need a tissue or a damp cloth. Wash your face with soap and water.
7. Face Painting Kit and Book – 56 Page Face Paint Book Complete Kit by Craft Clownfish
This kit is FDA-approved and uses high-quality hypoallergenic paints that make it safe for kids. It is paraben-free and won’t cause itchiness or irritations. But for safety measure, it is still better to swipe a sample on your skin to see if there will be any irritations or reactions.
Craft Clownfish uses premium quality materials to ensure the product’s longevity. It has 8 vivid colors with three paint brushes and a sponge.
The 56-page 3-minute Cheek Art book provides a step-by-step procedure that will teach you how to paint and enhance your skills!
6. Face Paint Kit with 30 Stencils for Kids by Awesome Fun Face Paint
Some face paints are created with small amounts of metals and chemicals that are harmful to your skin, especially to your kids. But Awesome Fun Face Paint ensures you a safe and quality product with no toxic ingredients used. It is guaranteed vegan, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, FDA-compliant and suitable for sensitive skin.
The 12 vibrant colors are water-based so it’s easy to apply and remove. It has 30 stencils and a guide book that will help both professionals and beginners with face paint designs.
5. Face Paint Kit + 50 Stencils by Bo Buggles Professional
Most face paints are designed for fun and simple creative designs. But if you’re looking for a face paint for professional use, Bo Buggles face paint kit might be the one for you. It has 16 vibrant colors and 50 adhesive stencils that can make hundreds of designs.
It is FDA-approved and suitable for sensitive skin. Bo Buggles guarantees they only use ingredients of premium quality. It also has two available paint brushes.
4. Blue Squid Face Paint for Kids 12 Color Palette
This Blue Squid 12-color palette Face Paint is in a jumbo size that includes 10ml paint per color. It can be used for painting hundreds of creative and colorful designs! The colors are all pigmented and vibrant. Blue Squid also ensures the colors are safe to use by using only professional cosmetic grade, hypoallergenic, and paraben-free ingredients.
This face paint kit is also FDA-compliant and non-toxic which makes it safe to use especially for kids. It is water-based so you can easily wipe it off when you’re done.
3. Blue Squid Face Paint Kit – 14 Colors
Another face paint from Blue Squid comes in 14 vibrant and pigmented colors including 30 stencils, 2 brushes, and 4 sponges. If you need to paint a lot of faces with a variety of designs, this will do. All the colors are suitable for sensitive skin, FDA-approved, hypoallergenic, paraben-free and non-toxic. Completely safe! You can apply it on and wipe it off without any trouble.
2. Artiparty Face & Body Paint Kit – Professional Palette – Non-Toxic & Hypoallergenic
Paint your body and face with a safe color palette such as the Artiparty face painting kit. It is non-toxic, hypoallergenic, paraben-free and FDA-approved which prevents rashes, burns or any skin allergies caused by harmful chemicals. Perfectly safe especially for kids! It has 12 bright colors enclosed in a sturdy case that makes storage easy and neat.
1. Snazaroo Face Paint Ultimate Party Pack
Snazaroo is one of the best-sellers and widely-used face painting brand on the market. They have sworn to have used only quality ingredients that approved by the FDA to make their face paints completely safe; it is skin-friendly, paraben-free, fragrance-free and independently approved by professional dermatologists and toxicologists.
This kit includes 12 vibrant colors, 2 glitter gels, and 4 sponges. All the colors are water-based so they are easy to put on and off. You can complete your design in just 5 minutes or less as it is easy to apply and quick-drying!
If you want to keep all the fun going and make the activities more creative, you can use face painting kits. Just makes sure all the contents are guaranteed safe especially for your kids! And to help you find the best and safest face painting kit, you can rely on our comprehensive reviews and buy guideline.