Dual flush toilets, unlike the standard American style toilets, provide a more hands-on approach to personal waste management by giving the user a choice of flushes. These toilets have caught on worldwide pretty fast, thanks to their interactive design and efficient water conservation capacity. Just a few years back, the traditional American style toilets dominated the market.
These toilets were, and still are, super heavy on water consumption. How Americans came to accept such a wasteful option, even when other efficient toilets had graced the scene, is still a mystery. It can, however, be explained in part by the fact that toilets were regarded as necessaries, one among many euphemisms used to describe the business end of the waste management conversation back then.
Today, however, with the rising cost of water and increased government regulation on the utilization of this resource, low flow, and dual flush toilets are steadily gaining popularity in America and the rest of the world.
In this review, we have rounded up some of the best Dual Flush Toilets you may want to consider the next time you go shopping. Find a reason to flush responsibly in 2019 with these eco-friendly commodes.
- Top 10 Best Dual Flush Toilets in 2019
- 10. LINAZI Dual Flush Elongated Toliet
- 9. Toto MS920CEMFG 12” Washlet G400 Bidet seat with Integrated dual Flush
- 8. Horow HWMT-8733 Small Dual Flush Toilet
- 7. Swiss Madison SM-1T106 Concorde Square Dual flush toilet
- 6. American Standard 2889518.020 dual flush toilet
- 5. KOHLER K-4026-0 Karing skirted One-Piece Elongated Toilet
- 4. KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Skirted One-Piece Smart Dual Flush Toilet
- 3. Convenient Height 20” Dual Flush toilet
- 2. Toto MS992CUMFG Neorest 700H Dual Flush Toilet
- 1. Swiss Madison SM-1T254 dual flush toilet
Top 10 Best Dual Flush Toilets in 2019
10. LINAZI Dual Flush Elongated Toliet
This is a small dual flush toilet with a 12-inch rough-in. It is floor-mounted and affixes perfectly to the finished wall for efficient control of the outlet. It has a fully-glazed siphon flush system that delivers quiet but powerful flushes with precision. With a powerful targeted flush, clogs are a thing of the past. The cover is made of urea-formaldehyde with a characteristic ceramic-textured surface for strength and scratch resistance. The easily removable cover is also resistant to discoloration. The toilet’s dual flush system is rated at 1.0/1.6 GPF, up to 80% water-efficient and eco-friendly. It features a soft-close seat with stainless seat hinges for comfort and durability. And because it is floor mounted, the toilet can easily be taken apart when necessary. For instance, when doing a couple of fixes or simply cleaning.
- Powerful flushing: It has a fully-glazed flush with a powerful siphon jet that removes all clogs and stains.
- Water-efficient and eco-friendly design: It has a dual flushing system that is rated at 0.8 and 1.28 GPF for partial and full flushes respectively.
- One piece design: It has a fully skirted trapway with no corners and grooves for an easy clean.
- All in one package design: the package includes floor bolts, a high-quality wax ring, soft closing seat, and the toilet.
- Water sealing height: It has a 55mm water sealing height which minimizes water splashing and foul small.
- Durable cover: made of urea-formaldehyde with a unique easy-clean ceramic texture surface.
9. Toto MS920CEMFG 12” Washlet G400 Bidet seat with Integrated dual Flush
The Washlet G400 uses an integrated 3D Tornado Flush System that is highly water efficient. This system cuts down flush water capacity to 0.9 GPF for partial flushing and 1.28 GPF for the full flush. Unlike other brands, Toto G400 has a CeFiONtect ion barrier glaze and a PREMIST function that inhibit debris and mold from sticking on the ceramic bowl. This keeps your toilet stainless and sparkling clean at all times.
Front and rear warm water cleanse with up to 5 adjustable temperature and pressure settings add to the cleanliness and sterility of the bowl. And there are some luxury additions to this toilet. Some of these include the auto open and close lid, heated seat, warm air dryer, and air deodorizer.
- Height and dimensions: Universal height and dimension specifications
- Quality certifications: ADA compliant, WaterSense certified, and CAL Green Compliant.
- Luxury features: air deodorizer, warm air dryer, heated seat, auto lid open and close.
- Lubricious Bowl quality: CeFIONtect glaze and the PREMIST function hinder waste adherence to the bowl.
- 100% seat and bowl sterility: front and rear warm water cleanse with 5 adjustable pressure and temperature settings.
8. Horow HWMT-8733 Small Dual Flush Toilet
The Horow HWMT – 8733 has a compact design perfectly suited for small bathroom spaces. Give your modern bathroom a whole new look with a dual flush toilet that comes with a quiet closing lid and high water conservation capacity. The package includes a wax ring, the toilet, and an installation manual. It has a fully glazed easy-clean cover featuring a concealed trapway design for enhanced efficiency.
This toilet comes with a modern compact one-piece design highly personalized and curated to suit a modern bathroom. The toilet seat measures 16.5” by 16.5”. Horow HWMT has a silent but powerful flush that removes all types of wastes and clogs leaving your toilet bowl sparkling clean all the time. The installation process for the Tiny Mini commode is by simple floor mounting and rough-in at measuring 12” from finished wall to the control outlet.
- Warranty: It comes with a 5-year limited warranty for all porcelain parts and 3 years for all flushing accessories.
- Design: floor mounted and rough-in at 12” from finished wall to control outlet.
- Easy clean inclusions: fully glazed cover, seat and a wax ring.
- Siphon flushing: super silent but powerful fully glazed dual flush.
- High flushing efficiency: Dual flush of 6 LPF and 4.1 LPF.
- Size & dimensions: Modern compact one-piece design with a 16.5” x 16.5” seat.
7. Swiss Madison SM-1T106 Concorde Square Dual flush toilet
The Swiss Madison SM-1T106 is a one-piece high-performance luxury dual flush toilet with an attractive sleek skirted easy-clean design. SM-1T106 Concorde has a concealed trapway and a never-failing strong and reliable dual flush function. The easy-clean construction features a seamless one-piece porcelain design and a soft closing seat for extra comfort. The quick release seat can also be easily unlatched from the toilet bowl during routine fixes and cleaning. And because Swiss Madison Concorde is water-efficient, it uses only 0.8 GPF and 1.28 GPF during partial and full flushes respectively.
- High performance efficiency: 0.8/ 1.28 GPF
- Design: seamless easy-clean one-piece porcelain design
- Bowl & Seat: large square bowl offers extra comfort while a soft closing seat ensures utmost luxury.
- Convenient cleaning: the quick release seat can be unlatched from the toilet bowl during routine fixes and cleaning.
- Dimensions: 27” x 14.3” x 29.5”
- Color and material: white ceramic
- Installation method: floor mounting
6. American Standard 2889518.020 dual flush toilet
The American standard 2889518.020 is a high-performance toilet that comes with the H2Option that gives the user absolute control of the flush. That is to say that you get to choose between partial and full flushes, as appropriate. It has an EverClean surface that inhibits stain and odor-causing bacterial growth on the bowl.
For optimal UHET performance, this toilet comes with a powerful Siphon Jet Bowl technology with PowerWash rim. In case of faulty chinaware accessories, the American Standard dual flush toilet has a limited lifetime warranty. And for its high performance and water saving efficiency, this toilet is EPA WaterSense certified.
- Quality Certification: EPA WaterSense certified
- Water efficiency: H2Option for maximum water conservation
- Dual flush: 0.92 GPF for partial & 1.28 GPF for full flush
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on chinaware
- EverClean Surface: inhibit the growth of stain and odor causing bacteria
- UHET performance: provided by Siphon jet bowl technology with PowerWash rim.
- Cover: Chrome-plated with top mounted push button actuator.
5. KOHLER K-4026-0 Karing skirted One-Piece Elongated Toilet
Karing skirted one piece intelligent toilet combines powerful flashes with bidet functionality and a deodorizer for an impeccable clean. This is one of a few toilets with an integrated control panel and a touchscreen remote for simplified regulation of water temperature, warm air dryer, and heated seat temperature.
The lid supports hands-free opening and closing, thanks to the inbuilt motion detection technology. Colorful LED lights power on at night making it easy to use this dual flush toilet even in darkness.
In order to keep foul smells at bay, this commode features a carbon filter that quickly neutralizes and eliminates all the causative bacteria. It has a characteristic tankless design comprising smooth sloping curves with very few seams making cleaning a breeze. Its Power Lite technology and WaterSense certification imply utmost water saving efficiency.
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
- Nightlight functionality: It has LED lights that switch on automatically at night.
- Dual flush: 0.8 GPF (partial) & 1.28 GPF (full flash)
- Design: It comes with a tankless design featuring smooth sloping curves and a few seams for an easy clean.
- Control: intuitive hand-held or wall-mounted touch screen remote.
- Bidet functionality: it has a self-rinsing bidet wand
- Intelligent functionality: automatic flush and motion activated lid and seat opening and closing.
4. KOHLER K-5401-0 Veil Skirted One-Piece Smart Dual Flush Toilet
KOHLER K-5401-0 veil is a one-piece dual flush toilet that epitomizes a high performance ergonomic and minimalist design. This intelligent commode features a precision sculptured core that includes a suite of high-end inclusions, all fine-tuned for optimum comfort and hygiene.
It comes with colorful LED nightlight functionality. These lights automatically switch on during the night making it easy to position oneself correctly on the heated seat. And for ease of control, it has a touchscreen LCD remote control. Its tankless design allows for direct water supply for partial (0.8 GPF) and full (1.28 GPF) flushes.
KOHLER K-5401-0 also comes with the following adjustable parameters for its bidet wand; water temperature, oscillate function, water pressure, pulsate function, spray shape and position. For extra comfort, the toilet has a heated seat and warm air dryer all with adjustable temperature settings.
- Design: A tankless design with an elongated bowl featuring a precision sculptured core with a suite of integrated cleansing features.
- Control: Touchscreen LCD remote
- Night Light functionality: It has LCD lights that automatically power on at night.
- Dual flush: partial flush (0.8 GPF) and full flush (1.28 GPF)
- Material: Vitreous China
- The Bidet wand: constitutes the following adjustable elements; spray shape, position, water pressure, water temperature, pulsate, and oscillate functions.
- Bowl and seat: one-piece elongated bowl with inbuilt cleansing features. It also has a heated seat with an adjustable temperature function.
3. Convenient Height 20” Dual Flush toilet
This is one of a few toilets with a 20” tall bowl that adds safety and style to your bathroom while also eliminating the inconvenience of low set bowls with elevated riser seats. It measures 27” x 15” x 36” hence ideal for small bathroom spaces. The design meets local building code specifications and could be a direct replacement for 12-inch rough-in toilets.
It features a dual flush design that comes with a corrosion-resistant porcelain bowl for durability and strength. A high elevation trapway generates a powerful siphoning jet that is quite phenomenal in solid waste removal. And because it is water-efficient, this high-performance commode uses only 0.9 GPF and 1.28 GPF of water during partial and full flush respectively.
This toilet comes with a lightweight slow closing heated seat for luxury and comfort. For commercial use and heavy residential use, a heavy duty version of the heated seat is recommended.
- Dual Flush: partial flush uses 0.9 GPF while full flush uses 1.28 GPF
- Design: water-efficient and eco-friendly.
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty for all chinaware
- Material: Its bowl is made of corrosion-resistant porcelain for durability
- Dimensions: 27” x 15” x 36” therefore takes up very little space in any modern bathroom.
- Installation: standard floor-mounted parts and accessories.
2. Toto MS992CUMFG Neorest 700H Dual Flush Toilet
Looking for a toilet that combines luxury and ecological consciousness? Introducing Toto MS992CUMFG Neorest dual flush toilet with a technologically advanced washlet. Its design and construction are compliant with Universal & ADA Design specifications. It is therefore ideal for users of all ages as well as disabled persons. Some of its outstanding innovative components include the Cyclone Flushing system that reduces flush water capacity by up to 80%. The eWater+ technology keeps the toilet bowl clean and hygienic at all times. Toto Neorest has a remote control for easy regulation of different elements of the commode. The automatic flushing functionality rids your toilet of all wastes and clogs thus keeping the bowl sparkling clean all the time. The bowl’s interior surface is infused with a SanaGloss ion barrier that hinders the growth of odor-producing and staining bacteria. It also features a unique Wonderwave spray and warm air dryer that keeps feeling refreshed throughout your visit.
- Total design principle: Neorest 700H transforms your bathroom into a little relaxing oasis.
- Dual flushing: Cyclone high precision automatic siphon jet flushing system; 0.8 GPF (partial flush) and 1.0 GPF (full flush).
- Design: decorative one-piece fully skirted design with a sophisticated tank.
- Seat: heated SoftClose seat with temperature control
- Control: Remote control
- Extras: Gentle aerated water spray with accommodating oscillating and pulsating features.
1. Swiss Madison SM-1T254 dual flush toilet
Swiss Madison SM-1T254 has a characteristic skirted trapway and an easy-clean one-piece design. Its floor-mounted elongated square bowl has a standard height for more comfort and stability. The dual flush function allows users to choose between partial and full flush options for maximum water conservation. The commode’s partial and full flushes utilize 0.8 GPF and 1.28 GPF respectively. This makes Swiss Madison fiscally conscious and eco-friendly without sacrificing performance. Its quick release matte chrome hinged seat easily unlatches from the toilet bowl for convenient cleaning. No tools required for this simple task. The toilet has an elegant design featuring a clean and sleek look that compliments different bathroom designs. And for extra comfort, Swiss Madison SM-1T254 has a leather-soft seat. The package includes the toilet, special bolt holes, bolt caps, and a wax ring.
- Design: Modern sleek design that matches different bathroom styles
- Fully skirted trapway: makes the toilet super easy to clean
- Special additions: soft slow-closing seat, special bolt holes and bolt caps for easy floor mounting.
- Quick-release matte chrome hinges: support easy seat unlatching from the toilet bowl during routine cleaning and accessory fixing.
- Ecofriendly & water-efficient design: 0.8 GPF (Partial flush) & 1.28 GPF (full flush)
Dual flush toilets provide a prudent way of managing human wastes while also reducing the volume of water used per flush by up to 80%. Simply put, these high-performance commodes are eco-friendly and very efficient in terms of water utilization. Having detailed some of the best dual flush toilets in this review, you can now confidently choose on a brand that suits you best. This 2019, conserve more water by flushing more responsibly.