Why dog car seats important? In a moving car, a dog which is unrestrained can be dangerous even if it doesn’t hop around, howl, bark, or sit on your lap. This is because the unrestrained body of a dog can be catapulted out of a moving vehicle in case of an accident. As a result, your life, as well as the dog’s life, is put at risk. Even if you have a small dog, a frightened dog can also become aggressive and agitated during driving. That is why using dog car seats provide an easy way of controlling and protecting your loyal pet.
A majority of dog car seats come with straps that can be attached to the seat belt system, the base of the seat, or to the center and seat console of the car. Furthermore, a harness at the chest keeps the dog from moving around. If your car gets involved in an accident, the harness functions similarly to a child restraint and distributes weight to keep your pet safe.
- A list below will uncover the top 10 best dog car seats in 2020 for you to consider.
- 10. Petsfit Booster Seat
- 9. Pettom Pet Car Seat
- 8. HDP Car DELUXE Lookout Booster
- 7. Petego Pet Tube Kennel
- 6. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat
- 5. Deluxe Dog Booster Car Seat
- 4. Kurgo Skybox (TM) Dog Booster Seat
- 3. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat
- 2. Snoozer Lookout Car Seat
- 1. K&H Manufacturing Bucket Booster Pet Seat
- What to Look for in a Dog Car Seat – Buying Guide
A list below will uncover the top 10 best dog car seats in 2020 for you to consider.
Last update on 2020-03-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Read more detailed reviews below:
10. Petsfit Booster Seat
The dog car seat by Petsfit comes with a plush liner which is removable. It is also machine washable for ensuring cleanliness. The seat also features a reversible lining so that on hot days you can use the smooth and light side and on cold days, you can use the dark and fluffy side.
The featured pet seat is comfortable and safe, which makes traveling easy. The seat belt keeps the pet safe, and the buckle of the seat belt gets through the booster easily.
9. Pettom Pet Car Seat
This dog seat comes with an easy to clean fabric, durable material, and stylish designs. The seat features mesh panels that keep the dog comfortable and relaxed while holding the pet down comfortably. The seat can be folded flat so that it can be stored conveniently.
The safety lead inside prevents the dog from jumping out. The tether allows the owner to get access to their dogs without risking their escape. This seat can be attached to the front seat as well as to the back seat of the car.
8. HDP Car DELUXE Lookout Booster
Dogs have the urge to have their face hang out the window in a moving car, and this seat is the ultimate solution for such dogs, due to its design. Also, this seat can be folded into a compact and easy storage.
The metal frame of the seat does not let the seat collapsed. It also features extra pockets to store items like dog treats, leash, etc. It attaches quickly so that your pet has a comfortable ride.
7. Petego Pet Tube Kennel
The tube kennel can be secured to the standard car seats. There is enough room for your dog to move around while the tube is secured to the seat. It is made using claw proof fabric which makes the seat durable.
The tube kennel is made using super-strong fabric and is lightweight. The tunnel provides a stylish and smart travel solution for your dog.
6. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat
This dog seat comes with a lifetime warranty and can hold up to 30 pounds. It is ideal for dogs who love to glance out the window as it can elevate the pet 9 inches more so that the dog gets a clear view.
It can be easily installed on all the vehicles and doesn’t require a headrest. The washable and removable liner keeps the seat fresh, as well as, clean.
5. Deluxe Dog Booster Car Seat
The deluxe dog seat can be attached securely and quickly so that the seat remains anchored safely. Since a majority of dog car seats are made using cardboard, they end up losing their shape in a short time.
On the other hand, this dog seat has a collapsible frame made using metal. The seat has the ideal size and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
4. Kurgo Skybox (TM) Dog Booster Seat
Since the company has complete faith in its products, it offers a lifetime warranty on its dog car seats. Furthermore, this dog seat can be secured easily to various types of seats like bucket seat and back seat. The tether attaches to the dog harness easily, so that the dog stays in its seat.
The waterproof and strong design provides waterproof exterior and structural integrity. It happens to be one of the best pet seats you can go for.
3. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat
This seat is designed in such a manner that the support is placed underneath the seat so that the pet gets an unobstructed view. As a result, no straps agitate them or come in their way. It is ideal for small dogs and can be connected to the seat belt system of the car. The washable and removable fleece liner keeps the seat fresh and clean.
2. Snoozer Lookout Car Seat
The insides of this pet car seat are made of comfortable foam and simulated lamb wool. It comes with a connection strap that joins the harness to the seatbelt. Moreover, it comes with various options for fabric so that your dog remains extremely comfortable. This dog car seat doesn’t fail to provide the dog a safe and cozy environment while the car is in motion.
1. K&H Manufacturing Bucket Booster Pet Seat
Coming to the last entry in our top dog car seat list, this dog seat by K&H elevates your dog, inside a car, giving it a better view. It keeps the dog restrained, so it doesn’t distract while you drive. Apart from being easy to install, as well as to uninstall, the seat can be fitted in the front and the back seat as well.
The cover is removable and washable while the exterior is durable. It comes with a one-year warranty and a pair of security leashes.
What to Look for in a Dog Car Seat – Buying Guide
It is vital that the dog seat you choose has at least the following features:
- Setup, usability, and storage: This is the first criteria you should consider when purchasing dog car seats. It should be easy to set the said car seat for your pet. Picking it up should be quick as well. A majority of dog car seats use buckles. This is why they are easy to fold and store. Dog car seats that are on the cheaper end don’t provide much ease regarding foldability and usability. When cheaper seats do have buckles, they tend to break in a few weeks.
- Protection and safety: Two features must be present in the dog car seats you are considering for safety purposes:
- The way the seat attaches to the car seat
- The way your dog is restrained in the said dog car seat
The dog seat you are purchasing must come with a robust locking system so that it can be attached to the seat of the car. The seat should work not only with the back seat but with the front seat as well.
The majority of pet seats allow the seat belt to pass and lock the seat in a safe position. Some of them come with an extra belt that can be attached to the headrest of the car seat. The dog seats should also have adjustable security leashes so that the dog stays seated safely while the car is moving.
- Comfort and size: The dog car seats shouldn’t only be comfortable, but they should also be spacious enough so that the dog stays still and calm. The dog should have enough space in the seat to lay or sit up straight. If the seat is not spacious enough, the dog can become overwhelmed and agitated. Some dog seats let the dogs see through the car window. Make sure that you choose a dog seat accordingly. It needs to be spacious and safe.
Your dog deserves to be safe while traveling in the car. That’s why to ensure that their life isn’t put at risk, go for reliable dog car seats that have been mentioned above.