Cordless drills are great for improving mobility and freedom when drilling in your home or away. Getting the best power tool for your needs will allow you to have comfortable and smooth working. Without tangling cords, it means no inconveniences when operating in highly congested areas. These drills get power from batteries which require regular recharging.
Just like other power tools, cordless drills are available in different power rating. As a result, performance differs from one machine to another. Buying a drill should focus much on performance weight and battery rating.
In this review, we’ll provide a buying guide and top 10 cordless drills in 2018. Below, we have some tips to consider when buying a cordless drill.
- Best Cordless Drills in 2018
- 10. Cartman 20V Cordless Drill/Driver
- 9. Bosch CLPK232A-181 Cordless Drills Driver / Impact Combo Kit
- 8. Hitachi DS18DGL Cordless Drills – 18-Volt
- 7. PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 20V Cordless Drills/Driver
- 6. Pink Power PP182 18V Women Cordless Drills
- 5. WORX Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drills / Driver
- 4. Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt Cordless Drills/Driver
- 3. Makita XPH102 18V LXT Cordless Hammer Driver/Drill
- 2. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Cordless Drills/Driver
- 1. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Drill/Driver
- What to Look for in a Cordless Drill – Buying Guide
- Related Articles:
Best Cordless Drills in 2018
Well, here are our top 10 best cordless drills in 2018 reviews
10. Cartman 20V Cordless Drill/Driver
Cartman 20V cordless drill and driver is a powerful tool designed to deliver exceptional torque for efficient drilling. Created featuring a heavy-duty motor, it gives a variable speed from 1-1500 rotations per minute which translate to a torque of 221 inches per pound. For a friendly use, the drill boasts a lightweight construction which improves reduces fatiguing.
Now, to energize Cartman cordless drill, it comes boasting a high performing 20 Volts Li-Ion battery. This battery is ideal for a longer working than other battery types.
With 21- positions, you can precisely control speed allowing drilling into different material like metal, wood, plastic, and others. The LED light at the front end illuminates working surface when there is insufficient light.
- Easy to control 21-speed
- Ergonomic handle
- Bright LED to light up drilling area
- Two batteries for continuous working
- Drill bits size not labeled
9. Bosch CLPK232A-181 Cordless Drills Driver / Impact Combo Kit
A great cordless drill is worth investing since it makes drilling work a breeze. Bosch CLPK232A-181 Cordless tool is an ideal consideration due to its versatility.
The combination of drilling and driving ability gives a professional performance which you won’t regret buying it. For enhanced performance, the device comes with DDS181 clutch settings which efficient in torque transfer. With 2 speed setting, no more hassle when drilling or driving screw.
Working using this drill brings versatility with 7-inches head which allows it to get into hard to reach areas. It can be used for overhead drilling due to ergonomic design which incorporates speed adjusting trigger. When driving in nuts, this device is ideal as it has 1500 inches per torque at 2800 3000 rpm.
With this capability, it can drive in a 3 by 1/4 inches in a seconds time. The drill comes with two 18 volts 2.0Ah batteries which are fast charging to provide smooth working. A carrying bag offers easy carrying and proper organization of drills and other accessories.
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Perfect for multiple uses
- Durable batteries
- Easy to control speed trigger
- LED is positioned on drill base
8. Hitachi DS18DGL Cordless Drills – 18-Volt
With Hitachi DS18DGL cordless drill, you can bet on quality and performance. Designed by a reputable company, this cordless drill will perform beyond your expectations.
The tool boasts high torque which is enhanced by a powerful 22+1 clutch which provides 22 drive settings. This makes sure you work with high-precision this eliminating trials and errors. Further, the 2 gear setting is excellent in ensuring that it perfectly conforms to your type of work. The 400 inches per pounds allows the drill to be best applicable in constricted space.
Having reliable power source when working with a cordless drill depends on the type of batteries. With Hitachi DS18DGL you will never experience power fading due to Li-Ion 18 volts battery.
The responsive trigger has variable speed settings which effectively allow you to control the drill during operations. Its ratcheting is easy to replace since it’s keyless, while double-sided driver bit adds efficiency. Ergonomic design is great when working for an extended time while reducing fatigue.
- Non-fading Li-Ion batteries
- Double-sided driver bit
- Balanced and ergonomic slim handle
- Extended Warranty
- Lacks speed when drilling metals
7. PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 20V Cordless Drills/Driver
For drilling and impact driving, PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 20V Cordless Drill is here for you. Its design allows excellent performance thus ideal for application in many uses. With its motor which delivers 1500 rotations per minute, it means your drilling just got simpler.
Additionally, the 2-speed setting is ideal especially when getting down to complex drilling task. To improve working efficiency, it has LED light which illuminates when working dark conditions. The non-slipping handle provides a perfect grip whenever in operation.
Apart from drilling, PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 20V is ideal for driving works. It boasts excellent impact mechanism which delivers 1450 inches per pound torque at 2800 rpm and 3100 bpm. Unlike other drills, this one come featuring 20 Volts Li-Ions battery which powers drill for an optimum working duration.
Moreover, the installed battery gauge indicates remaining charge. With lightweight and compact construction, storage isn’t a nightmare.
- Beautiful, inspiring design
- Comfortable and balanced construction
- Interchangeable batteries
- Extended reliability
- Fast fading batteries
6. Pink Power PP182 18V Women Cordless Drills
Forget about manual drills which drain all your energy while delivering low performance. Now you can experience effortless drilling with this cordless drill from Pink Power.
With Pink Power PP182 Cordless drill for women, it makes your home maintenance and repairs smooth and quick. Unlike other drills on the market, this one ensures accurate drilling due to fitted bubble level. Additionally, upon pressing the trigger; LED lights automatically to improve visibility.
For secure operations, no more manual bit changing, Power PP182 cordless drill comes with a magnetic base that enables hands-free screw and bit placement. When equipped with a battery, this drill weighs just 3.5 pounds thus straining in your fingers or wrist due to weight stress.
A keyless chuck is easy to replace while 500rpm and 16 setting torque bringing power to your fingertips. 18Volts NiCad battery powers the drill.
- Inbuilt bubble level for precise drilling
- Lightweight construction
- Magnetic enhanced base
- Automatically lighting LED
- Less power output than rivals
5. WORX Switchdriver 2-in-1 Cordless Drills / Driver
It’s a sleek cordless power tool which brings joy to your work. The WORX Switchdriver cordless drill provides 2-in-1 functionality. The tool features a rotating head to minimize the time taken when replacing bits. With this, it becomes easy and quick to either drill holes or drives in screws.
Therefore, switching from drilling to screwing is swift and straightforward. For additional performance, the drill boasts 2 –speeds which enable it to handle all drilling and driving needs.
WORX Switchdriver cordless drill is a friendly tool which cares for your bits as well as drilling surface. To allow this, the device features an electronic torque control.
This helps in avoiding screw stripping and preventing damaging other working materials. The 12-speed setting is superb in providing ample power which enables proper driving or drilling.
As a result, this drill requires less energy to operate. 20Volts battery powers this drill while LED light illuminates in dark conditions.
- Rotating dual chuck platform
- Incredibly easy to control
- Interchangeable batteries with other tools
- Ergonomic and secure design
- Hard to remove battery
4. Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt Cordless Drills/Driver
Bosch DDB181-02 18-Volt Cordless Drill brings the joy of easy drilling while eliminating performance compromising weight. The compactly designed drill delivers professional drilling and driving.
The 18 Volts Li-Ions battery is perfect for enabling the tool to have ample time before it drains, unlike some drills which offer a few minutes. With its compact and lightweight design, it means that its application is versatile and ideal even for overhead use.
Equipped with Bosch DDB181-102 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver, its working is unmatchable. Also, the motor is coupled to 2-speed settings which render this drill excellent for light and heavy-duty applications. In fact, it boasts a torque delivery of 350 inches per pound and 1300rpm for fast fastening and drilling respectively.
Ergonomic grip brings comfort and control ability even when maneuvering places assisted by 7.1 inches had length and LED light. 3-years warranty covers the toll, while battery enjoys 2 years warranty.
- Sleek and efficient charging station
- Long lasting battery
- Precise and safe drilling
- Balanced construction weight
- Has a soft casing
3. Makita XPH102 18V LXT Cordless Hammer Driver/Drill
Makita is a world-renowned global brand for the production of various high performing consumer products. To prove this, Makita XPH102 18V LXT Cordless Hammer Driver/ Drill is among best performing on the market.
Designed featuring exceptional star technology, the tool is safe from overcharging, overheating among other malfunction which can shorten tool lifespan. This means that whenever working with Makita XPH102, safety is assured. Fitted with Makita-4-pole motor, it supplies 400 inches per pound ideal for perfect fastening.
The variable 2-speed (0-600 & 0-1,900 RPM) designing, is ideal for providing enough power for a variety of activities like drilling, driving, and hammering. Enhanced protection against dust and water renders this tool durable than most if its competitor. No more fatigue as the drill weighs just 3.9 pounds.
Besides, the overall construction aims at increasing ergonomics for a comfortable working. Makita XPH102 is just 7.75 inches for added comfort and maneuvering around tough places.
- Outstanding protection
- Rubber enhanced soft grip
- Battery charges quickly
- Lightweight design
- Doesn’t have magnetic to hold screws
2. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Cordless Drills/Driver
Black Decker is another indisputable company which produces electrical tools. Boasting high-quality products, their quality is always assured. Among many products they manufacture is, BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Cordless Drill/Driver. Enjoying Lithium technology in battery construction, performance is unmatchable with NiCad battery powered drills. To decrease overall weight, outer casing features plastic material with rubberized handle. A 20 volts battery power this drill hence extended operation period.
Now, if you deal with hard materials, there is no need to panic when looking for a heavy-duty drill. With this cordless drill from Makita, it will correctly drill or fasten within seconds. It’s equipped with 11 position clutch which helps to control speed when drilling wood, metal plastic among other materials. The compact and lightweight construction give it the ability to work in tight places with ease.
- Robust and durable battery
- Perfect for small tasks
- Light and sleek
- Usage versatility
- Not ideal for heavy-duty tasks
1. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Drill/Driver
If you are still using analog methods to drill holes, it’s time to upgrade and look for this cordless drill from Dewalt. The tool is designed to fulfill all your need by possessing compact design to fit everywhere.
Moreover, the fitted transmission system perfectly fits this tool for outstanding performance. It enjoys 2-speed transmission (0-450 & 1,500 rpm) which enables to drill and fasten under different speeds.
Besides having excellent transmission system, Dewalt DCD771C2 Cordless drill/driver has a powerful motor. It delivers 300 units watts out to enable completion of a variety of tasks. The sleek outer design is complemented by a rubberized ergonomic handle which a wide range of use. Whether you are drilling on ceiling, wall or any other part, no fatigue due to comfortable handle and lightweight design; 3.6 pounds.
- Plenty of power
- Efficient LED light
- Comes with a pack of 2 batteries
- Has no bit holder
What to Look for in a Cordless Drill – Buying Guide
- Size: Although size is used as a factor to consider, it’s not how large or small a drill is. Rather, voltage is used to determine the size of a power tool. Drills come in a range of voltage. For light-duty work, drills rated 4-8Volts will suit your job; while, heavy duty is rated 12-18 Volts. Consequently, high voltage drills are heavier and high performing than low voltage. Depending on the type of your work, the voltage will be a significant determinant.
- Brushed vs. Brushless: Currently, brushless technology is dominating cordless professional tools sector. Unlike brushed motor devices, brushless do not have brushes in their motor. This means that when working, brushless drills produce less heat due to minimal friction. In the long run, these devices have extended durability since wear and tear are put in check.
- Performance: Regarding performance, there is also a significant difference between brushless and brushed motors. With less resistance, brushless doesn’t experience voltage drop thus helps in maintaining performance. Motor speed depends on the task at hand. In overall, a brushless drill will be a perfect selection.
- Battery type: Just like motors, batteries which power cordless drills are also revolutionizing. These days LI-Ion batteries are popular since they are powerful than NiCad. Also, Li-ion batteries are lighter meaning that, using a drill is comfortable. For tools utilizing brushless motors, Li-Ion are preferable since they have enough power to drive them. However, having a battery with higher amp hour, it means more working time. Importantly, having two batteries is better to ensure continuous operation when one goes flat.
- Variable speed setting: Variable speed setting in a drill is excellent for enhancing overall performance. The main advantage of variable speed tool is, it allows different drilling surfaces. High speed is great when you are drilling while low speed gives your machine more torque hence ideal for driving screws. In single speed drill, it proves challenging to incorporate other operations rather than drilling.
It’s true that cordless drills are perfect tools when wired ones are in limited by any occurring factor. Further, for general maintenance, work around home or construction site they are great deal tools to have. Now, with the above top 10 reviewed cordless drills, there is no reason to keep clinging to your stressful old era drill. Rush and get your modern, effortlessly performing drill and enjoy improved performance.