If you are a serious mechanic, you must agree that most of the car projects require you to lift your car above the ground. That is where car ramps come in. As a matter of fact, you have to access the belly of your car to perform most of the basic maintenance.
One of the conventional methods of lifting your car is by use of a car jack. But, many people acclaim this as a cumbersome endeavor. Fortunately, using a car ramp is easy and effortless. Using a car ramp saves your time and energy over using a car jack.
Fortunately, using a car ramp is easy and effortless. Using a car ramp saves your time and energy over using a car jack.
- Best Car Ramps in 2018 Reviews
- 10. Discount Ramps ML-1066 Sports Car Lift Service Ramp
- 9. Rage Powersports Heavy Duty DH-UP-4 5 Ton Curb Ramp
- 8. Discount Ramps 6009-V2, Plastic- Car Service Ramp
- 7. Nicky Nice Solid -Steel Automotive Ramp Set
- 6. Race Ramps RR-56 56 Inches Car Ramp
- 5. Scepter 08226 – 2 Piece Plastic Automotive Ramp Set
- 4. Race Ramps RR-40 40 Inches 2pack Car Ramps
- 3. RhinoGear 11912ABMI MAX Car Ramps
- 2. Trailer Aid Tandem Tire – Changing Ramp, Black
- 1. RhinoGear 11909ABMI Car RhinoRamps
- Factors to consider when buying a Car Ramp
- Final Verdict
Best Car Ramps in 2018 Reviews
10. Discount Ramps ML-1066 Sports Car Lift Service Ramp
Are you looking for the ultimate car lift service ramp? Don’t look further as the discount ramps offer the best service.
They feature a slim design measuring 11.5-degree loading angle and 66 inches for a more comfortable working space.
Specifically, it is designed for low profile trucks as well as sports cars. It has earned a reputation as the best tool for raising cars in showrooms and maintenance.
With approximately 7 inches low ground clearance, you will never face any limitation while fixing the underneath of your car.
It offers the best grip to hold your car into place, thanks to the 16 inches wheel platforms and integrated wheel stops.
Additionally, these car ramps are ideal during loading and off-loading activities. As a matter of fact, the ramps have raised side rails to keep the wheels on the static and safe position. Regarding load capacity, Discount Ramps will accommodate a massive weight of 3000 lbs.
9. Rage Powersports Heavy Duty DH-UP-4 5 Ton Curb Ramp
This car ramp offers 20 degrees inclination angle for a smoother transition. However, this tool requires about 3 to 8 inches car clearance. But one thing that makes it outshine its competitors is the innovative design which enables it to work for multiples, as a modular system.
This design allows hassle-free access between surfaces of varying gradients. The straight piece and heavy-duty construction ensure that the car ramp is robust to accommodate up to 5 tons of weight capacity.
Additionally, Rage Powersports car ramps come with optional end caps which fit snugly against each of the ramps to create a smooth corner.
So, this integrated design makes the ramp fit for loading docks, tractors, commercial use, and pump carts among others.
8. Discount Ramps 6009-V2, Plastic- Car Service Ramp
Down the list in our top best car ramps, Discount Ramp 6009-v2 showcases exciting features that make it a must-have car service tool. The package includes a pair of low profile car ramps.
Featuring a honeycomb style, these ramps are uniquely engineered for low profile sports cars. This explains why it is built to accommodate a maximum weight capacity of 4400lbs.
The honeycomb style also contributes towards the prevention of moisture built up in the long term. Dimension wise, this ramp loads at 9.05 degrees at an elevation height of 2.75 inches.
On the other hand, the ramps include a tire stop ends and a wheel groove to prevent the car from skidding out of the platform.
7. Nicky Nice Solid -Steel Automotive Ramp Set
Nicky Nice car ramps allow you to handle repairs all by yourself without requiring professional assistance. The set includes two ramps made of heavy gauge steel.
Hence, the ramps are robust and durable than most of the cheaply constructed ramps available on the market. This is specially engineered to accommodate a vehicle’s weight of up to 6500 lbs.
Vehicles clearance is what many people look for in a good car ramp. Well, for this one you have plenty of it.
Regarding durability and appearance, the ramps feature a durable powder coating. This coating prevents rust and adds a shiny appearance which transforms the feeling in the garage.
It is 35 inches long and has some raised ribs on the sides. And for better traction, this ramp boats extruded traction holes.
6. Race Ramps RR-56 56 Inches Car Ramp
Sensitive jobs for low profile cars require dependable car ramps such as the Race Ramps. These feature a unique design to help you lift your car up 8 inches up and a gradient of 10.75 degrees.
This provides solid stability when you are putting your car for the show, changing the oil or any other activity that requires accessibility of the underneath of the car.
The lower rise and small size give the ramps increased portability. So, you only require to put the ramps in the trunk, and you will be ready to go.
Besides, they have straps for easy storage and carrying. They weigh just 10 pounds and hence are easy to carry and won’t cause any wreck on your floors.
The scoot free design means that the Race ramps won’t skid even if you’re working on ice or any unfriendly surface.
These ramps measure 56 inches by 12 inches and have the ability to withstand a load up to 6000lbs.
5. Scepter 08226 – 2 Piece Plastic Automotive Ramp Set
Scepter car ramp-set features a unique design that sets it apart from the others. Its design features a core parabolic arch that runs through the middle of the ramp.
The purpose of this parabolic arch design is to enhance weight distribution and support. The plastic material of constructions makes the equipment lightweight for easy portability.
On the other hand, this car ramp is robust enough to handle heavy weight of the car. Specifically, each set can accommodate 12000 pounds. The grid design ensures water, dirt, and snow falls through to make it possible for all weather use.
Moreover, grid system also contributes to better traction to ensure the car drives on safely and with great stability.
4. Race Ramps RR-40 40 Inches 2pack Car Ramps
Race ramp car ramps are among the top rated. They provide an easy and fast method of lifting your vehicle so that you can access it’s beneath.
The special material and the style of construction enhances a firm and safe grip that won’t harm your floors. Even though it is incredibly lightweight, this set of ramp boasts a solid core which can endure all sought of treatments.
It works for a variety of midsize cars that include BMWs, Corvettes, Jaguars, Miata’s among other vehicles.
The ramps are built to accommodate tires that are up to 8 inches wide and can raise your vehicle up to 7 inches. And as per the wishes of many car enthusiasts, these car ramps are simple, sleek and lightweight. In fact, they possess straps for super easy carrying and storage.
3. RhinoGear 11912ABMI MAX Car Ramps
As we get to the top, Rhino Gear 11912ABMI Car Ramps takes position three. Therefore they are a priority for many car owners.
They are highly portable automotive ramps that ease the work of raising your car for a comfortable repairing.
With their rugged and structural design, these have become so irresistible for any prolific drivers who know the importance of taking care of their cars.
The ramp set provides a reliable and convenient access to the most hidden points of the underside of your car.
These car ramps offer unbeatable strength and perfect weight distribution. Thanks to the patented polymer construction in conjunction with wide stance design. The base boasts an innovative Core TRAC non-skid construction which prevents any slippage.
Unlike other ramps with low inclination degrees, Rhino Gear ramps provide 17 degrees incline. This slope enhances easy to use for low clearance cars.
To prove on the rigidity of the construction, this equipment can support a maximum weight of 16000 pounds.
2. Trailer Aid Tandem Tire – Changing Ramp, Black
Are you looking for the safest, easiest and fastest way to change a trailer tire? Well, Trailer Aid tire changing ramp offers just what you have been lacking. With it, you can raise the flat tire to a height of 4.5 inches to allow hassle-free tire change. Although it is unique for horse trailers, this tool also works for other cars.
Being among the best trailer ramps on the market today, it is great for a horse in that you don’t have to remove your hoses to change your flat tire.
This trailer aid can withstand up to 15000 pounds of weight. Moreover, it is made of incredibly strong polymer.
It is lightweight making it easy to travel with. The edges are rounded to ensure your hands aren’t hurt in any way.
1. RhinoGear 11909ABMI Car RhinoRamps
The RhinoGear 11909ABMI Car Ramps take the first position in our top 10 best car ramps review. It is due to a sophisticated design that makes them the best for raising your car so that you can quickly change the tire, change oil or do other maintenance services. They are sturdy due to their patented polymer internal core system.
Also, they feature a wide stance for maximum stability, excellent weight distribution, and unquestionable strength.
It raises your car at an incline of 17 degrees so that you can gain more car clearance. RhinoGear car ramps boast a rugged and structural design which supports up to 12000 gross car weight. Quality is great as it meets the portable automotive lifting device PALD standards.
Factors to consider when buying a Car Ramp
- The ground clearance of your car: Not every ramp will work for every car. You should know that low profile cars such as sports car, race cars and exotic require a car ramps that are longer and feature a low profile. Likewise, for high profile cars, you would definitely need high profile ramps.
- The weight of your car: car ramps often come with distinct weight ratings. If your car is considerably lighter, most ramps on the market will work for you. But, it would be disastrous if you load a Chevrolet Suburban on a car ramp meant for Mazda or Miata Mini Cooper. It can never work that way as the ramp will easily break and put your life in danger.
- Car ramp Inclination angle: Once you determine the weight capacity of the ramp, it is also great if you examine the angle of lift. To cut the story short, lowered cars require a low profile ramp which has a small angle of lift.
- The material of construction: Whether a car ramp is constructed from metal or plastic material of construction, you will enjoy various merits. The reason why selecting the best material is important, is because it affects durability, storability, weight as well as portability.
- Price and warranty: Even if the price range is at the upper end, it doesn’t mean that the ramps are not worth buying. You should always consider the advantages of the higher end design without complaining much about the price. For the warranty, a good company with a good warranty is crucial. But, you should buy one with the hope of using it forever.
All the 10 car ramps reviewed above qualify to be a buyer’s choice. All you need to do is match the best ramp as per the specifications and the needs of your car.
Although the price range is quite notable among the different products, you will for sure see that most of the top rated models are available at pocket-friendly prices.
For instance, RhinoGear 11909ABMI Car RhinoRamps is highly rated and has the highest number of customer ratings yet features an affordable price. Our top 10 best car ramps review will for sure help you make a wiser purchase decision for the best car ramp you need.