Beach cruiser bikes are a special group of bikes, marked by a distinctive style and high level of comfort.
If you need the perfect bike for short distance commuting, then taking a closer look at cruiser bikes will be really worth your time.
This review of the top 10 beach cruiser bikes in 2018 is designed to offer you a deeper insight into cruiser bikes, as well as present you with the 2018 top 10 list.
- The Top 10 Best Beach Cruiser Bikes in 2018 Reviews
- 10. Firmstrong Urban single-Speed Girls Cruiser Bike
- 9. Schwinn Sanctuary 7-Speed Men’s Cruiser Bicycle
- 8. Kent Oakwood 26-Inch Men’s Cruiser Bike
- 7. Raleigh Retroglide 26-Inch Men’s Cruiser Bike
- 6. Margaritaville Women’s Coast Is Clear 26-Inch Cruiser Bike
- 5. Fito Marina Alloy 1-Speed Men’s Beach Cruiser Bikes
- 4. Huffy Nel Lusso 26-Inch Cruiser Bike for Women
- 3. Firmstrong Single-Speed Men’s Urban Beach Cruiser Bikes
- 2. Sixthreezero 26-Inch Women’s 7-Speed Hybrid Cruiser Bike
- 1. Firmstrong Urban Lady 26-Inch Beach Cruiser
- The Advantages of Beach Cruiser Bikes
- What to Look for Beach Cruiser Bikes – Buying Guide
- Related Articles:
The Top 10 Best Beach Cruiser Bikes in 2018 Reviews
Check out the detailed reviews of our top 10 best beach cruiser bikes in 2018 below:
10. Firmstrong Urban single-Speed Girls Cruiser Bike
This bike is designed as the perfect cruiser for girls. With its 20-inch wheels and 13-inch frame, it is available in baby blue, mint green, and pink.
The single speed gear means a simple system with no complicated cables, and the coaster brake system, which requires simply pedaling backward to stop the bike, makes it perfect for beginners.
The saddle is large and comfortable and includes 2 springs for a soft and cushioned ride. Made of high-quality steel, the frame is very sturdy and guaranteed to last. This bike also features stylish fenders, which are colored the same as the bike.
9. Schwinn Sanctuary 7-Speed Men’s Cruiser Bicycle
Coming from the legendary Schwinn brand, this 26-inch men’s bike is designed with the experience and quality of one of the best-known names in the biking world. Its frame is made from steel, guaranteeing a long service life. There are full fenders front and back to protect you from wet roads.
This bike also comes with a cargo-rack, which makes it very practical for running errands around the neighborhood. The saddle is extra-large and extra-padded, and alloy rims add strength while keeping the bike lightweight. Schwinn additionally fitted this bike with a 7-speed Shimano gear system with SRAM twist shifters.
8. Kent Oakwood 26-Inch Men’s Cruiser Bike
The Kent Oakwood is a stylish and great looking cruiser bike. Starting from its stylish cruiser frame to the white-walled tires, this bike enables you to cruise around in style.
There is a 7-speed gear system with a quality rear derailleur from Shimano. A chain cover keeps the chain enclosed and unable to soil your pants. Front and rear fenders protect you from wet roads, while front and rear handbrakes keep you in control.
Its aluminum frame makes this bike both lightweight and durable, guaranteeing you stylish fun for many years to come.
7. Raleigh Retroglide 26-Inch Men’s Cruiser Bike
From another legendary brand comes this 26-inch cruiser. Beautifully colored red and black, with a stylishly designed frame, this bike is as good looking as it is of high quality.
Its high handlebars are well spaced for a comfortable ride, the saddle is spacious and features a dual-spring shock absorption system for smooth rides.
The frame is made from lightweight aluminum, and is designed to fit different riders with heights between 5’7″ and 6’3″. A Shimano Revo 7-speed gear system tops off the high quality of this Cruiser bike.
6. Margaritaville Women’s Coast Is Clear 26-Inch Cruiser Bike
Margaritaville Coast Is Clear is a comfortable 26-inch cruiser bike for women. The bike features high-rise handlebars for maximum riding comfort. Its seat is spacious and comfortable, and there is a chain cover for protection.
This bike’s 26-inch wheels are white-walled with a hint of brown. A 7-speed Shimano gear system enables easy riding of hills, and a wire-mesh basket makes the transportation of items easy.
This bike also includes a cup holder for your comfort, and full coverage fenders to keep you clean.
5. Fito Marina Alloy 1-Speed Men’s Beach Cruiser Bikes
The Fito Marina alloy bike features 26-inch alloy rims with whitewall tires, front and rear fenders, and a classic frame design that set it apart from the rest of the pack.
There is a KT coaster-brake, a chain guard, a vinyl leather saddle with a dual spring suspension system. The weight limit of this bike is 200 lbs., and it weighs 31 lbs. This bike is certified under the bicycle certification program of the SGS.
4. Huffy Nel Lusso 26-Inch Cruiser Bike for Women
This Huffy cruiser features a classic cruiser frame, including an adjustable rear rack. It is a 26-inch bike, and features a classic color combination.
The saddle is extra wide and comfortable, the rims are alloyed, the saddle is cushioned by springs, and sturdy fenders both protect you and make the bike look amazing.
Complementing the rear-rack is a mesh basket in front and a beverage holder also. A coaster-brake gives it the final classic touch.
3. Firmstrong Single-Speed Men’s Urban Beach Cruiser Bikes
Firmstrong designs bikes that are both great looking and functional. This one features a unique design that stands out while being very sturdy and masculine. Being single-speed and featuring a KT coaster brake, there are no cables hanging around on this bike.
The seat is spacious, features dual springs, and is comfortable. Its height and that of the handlebar, including tilt, can be adjusted to fit persons of different sizes. If you need a reliable cruiser for comfortable rides up to speeds of 15 mph, then you are looking at it.
If you need a reliable cruiser for comfortable rides up to speeds of 15 mph, then you are looking at it.
2. Sixthreezero 26-Inch Women’s 7-Speed Hybrid Cruiser Bike
For those with a love of classic-looking bikes, this cruiser from Sixthreezero fulfills all your dreams. Starting with white-walled tires, then a cargo-rack, plus a comfortable brown leather saddle, this cruiser bike offers many classic features.
Still, there is a 7-speed Shimano gear system, including front and rear handbrakes, for a very modern touch. The gears and brakes allow you to handbrakes even off-road and into the hills. Full fenders are there to keep you clean, plus a chain guard for safety.
1. Firmstrong Urban Lady 26-Inch Beach Cruiser
Firmstrong also makes an urban cruiser for the ladies, and this is it. Featuring 26-inch wheels and a single-speed gear system, the Urban Lady is a 17-inch frame bicycle that is designed to fit a variety of women from 5 to 6 feet tall.
This bike comes without fenders, and this gives it such a cool, modern look, although you can get it with color-matched fenders.The seat is comfortable with dual springs, a coaster brake system is included, and wide and high handlebars keep you properly seated.
The seat is comfortable with dual springs, a coaster brake system is included, and wide and high handlebars keep you properly seated.
The Advantages of Beach Cruiser Bikes
The uniqueness of beach cruiser bikes makes them able to provide advantages that other types of bicycles cannot provide. These advantages include the following:
- Comfort: One major advantage of a beach cruiser is the comfort that it provides. Beach cruisers have wider tires, larger seats, and higher handlebars, which all combine together to provide a very comfortable riding experience both on even and uneven grounds.
- Stability: The wider tires that cruiser bikes are known for also provide better stability. Their improved width allows the tires to have more grip on the ground, resulting in a very stable bike. This makes the cruiser bike a very nice choice for beginners as well.
- Low Maintenance: Cruiser bikes are designed very simply, making them quite easy to maintain. There are no complex suspension mechanisms or gear systems to maintain, and the wide tires also reduce tire problems.
- Affordable: Cruiser bikes are also comparatively cheaper to purchase. This is because of their simple frame and relatively low-tech design.
What to Look for Beach Cruiser Bikes – Buying Guide
Once you have decided on buying a cruiser bike, the next step is to decide on a specific make and model. There are a wide variety of cruiser bikes available, so your final choice will depend on your individual needs. The different features to consider are as follows:
- Style: Beach cruisers exist for both men and women, and this is usually reflected in the colors, frame shapes, print designs and accessories of the bike. You should decide on style beforehand.
- Size: There are different cruiser bike sizes available, including for men, women and for kids. The size is usually determined by the diameter of the wheels and normally ranges between 20 and 30 inches.
- Brake Type: Beach cruiser bikes originally feature coaster-brakes, which you have to pedal backward to stop. Many cruiser bikes still feature this brake type or any others. Paying attention to brakes allows you to know what you are getting.
- Gears: Cruiser bikes usually have a single- or 3-speed gear system, although there are bikes with up to 7-speed gear systems. If you will be riding around on relatively flat terrains, then a 1 to 3-speed system should suffice, else you might need a bike with a more complex gear system.
We have come to the end of this top 10 beach cruiser bike review for 2018. As you can see, there is a wide variety of bikes available, and your choice will depend on whether you are a man, a woman, or maybe buying for a kid. Feel free to make your choice from this top 10, because they are all great bikes.