Audiophile headphones are high-fidelity headphones that deliver outstanding performance and premium sound quality. With such features, professionals use these headphones for audio recording, music production, and playback. But if you’re a music enthusiast who enjoys quality audio, you should consider buying these headphones for yourself too!
How can you choose the best one for you?
Our Top 10 Best Audiophile Headphones in 2022 Reviews will provide you with all the information that you need when looking for the high-quality and the top-of-the-line headphones! Keep reading!
The 10 Best Audiophile Headphones of 2022
Finding the perfect audiophiles headphones might be a little difficult if you aren’t familiar which brands stand out on the market. To help you get the best audiophile headphones, here’s our top 10 list.
Last update on 2022-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Read our detailed reviews of each product below:
10. Audio Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back Audiophile Headphones
Another Audio Technica on our list is the ATH-AD900X open-back audiophile headphones. Just like the other models, these are designed with 53mm drivers with CCAW voice coils for superior sound reproduction which deliver deep bass and excellent highs and mids.
They deliver the signature Audio Technica sound that is bright, sparkly treble, transparent and airy. Great for vocals, orchestral and classical music, and other music genres.
They also have a vibration-proof mechanism and 3D wing support housing that make the headphones more comfortable to use. The pads are also ear-fitting which provide a good fit and better comfort.
9. Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 Professional Headphones
These German-made headphones are made of premium quality materials and painstakingly designed to satisfy audiophiles and music aficionados. These open diffuse-field studio headphones are lightweight and comfortable to wear. But these are superb and perform to its best quality.
The bass is powerful without compromising the dynamics. The mids and highs are excellent and well-balanced that go well with the other aspects. Overall, the sound is clear, accurate and powerful.
8. Audio Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-AD700X will take your listening experience to the next level with its durable quality and uncompromised audio performance. The comfort provides from the raised-fabric ear pads will let you enjoy every music session.
It is crafted with lightweight honeycomb aluminum casing that does not bring pressure to your ears. For natural and excellent sound quality, the bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils deliver crisp and clear highs and mids.
7. Sennheiser HD 600 Open Back Professional Headphone
We’ve got another one from Sennheiser which is also one of the best-selling headphones on the market – the HD 600 open back audiophile headphones. It showcases an elegant and simple design that has a black and grey finish.
The earpiece is high-quality and made of open-metal mesh that delivers transparent sound. And for a more transient response, the aluminum voice coils are lightweight and of high-quality.
When it comes to the sound quality, it is incredibly clear and crisp and true to the sound of music. The bass is powerful but does not dominate the other sound aspects as the vocals, trebles, and mids. Everything’s well-balanced to deliver great audio quality.
6. Edifier H840 Audiophile Over-the-ear Headphones
Edifier H840 headphones are one of the most affordable and quality audiophile headphones you can find. The 40mm driver units deliver excellent clarity and balance in trebles and midranges.
It is ergonomically designed to be fit and comfortable to use. You can wear them all day! And if you want to adjust the headrest for a bigger headspace, you can do so with the reinforced headband.
5. Sennheiser HD 650 Open Back Professional Headphones
If you can spend more on high-end professional headphones, the Sennheiser HD 560 might be a great option. These are true to the sound and ensure to deliver only the best out of your music. Audiophiles or even music enthusiasts can enjoy music anytime and anywhere.
The structure is sturdy but elegant with silver and titanium finish. It delivers a balanced and transparent sound and is optimized for hi-resolution recordings. It is worth the price though a bit over the budget, the quality of the sound is decent and perfect for professional use.
4. Sennheiser HD 579 Open Back Headphone
Sennheiser is known to produce high-quality audio equipment such as headphones. The HD 579 is designed with the patented EAR technology or Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement which delivers accurate and clear sound. It is also engineered with Internal Sound Reflector that enhances the audio to the finest quality.
For you to enjoy the music without interruptions, the Duofol diaphragms reduce unwanted resonances. It provides better comfort for long listening sessions with the velour ear pads and cushioned headband.
3. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone
The HD 598 from Sennheiser are closed-back headphones that are designed with Leatherette padded headbands and fabric ear pads to make it more comfortable even for long hours of listening sessions.
It features two cable options for versatility. And even if you’re in a crowded area, the noise-isolating feature will reduce any ambient noise to give consistently high-quality audio.
It is lightweight and comfortable but structured with premium quality materials that make these headphones sturdy and reliable for all the music aficionados. The EAR technology originally created by Sennheiser is also applied to these headphones to ensure accurate and clear sounds.
2. HIFI ELITE Super 66 Bluetooth Headphones
Some music enthusiasts prefer wireless headphones and if you’re one of them, you can try the HIFI Elite Super 66 audiophile headphones. It is engineered with a Bluetooth connection that you can pair with your device, computer, or any smartphones. It establishes a stable and quick connection so you can enjoy listening all day long!
When it comes to the sound quality, it is high-fidelity, crystal clear with deep, rich and accurate sound that all music aficionados will love. It also has an advanced noise-canceling feature that reduces and eliminates any ambient noise. And to keep you comfortable while using these headphones, the headband is lightweight and is ergonomically-designed with cushion.
1. Cowin E-7 Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
If you’re looking for another option for Bluetooth or wireless headphones, you might consider Cowin E-7 headphones. These are actually one of the best-sellers on the market due to its superb sound quality, affordable price and comfort. They are lightweight too so you can wear them all day long without any trouble.
The Cowin E-7 has a noise-canceling feature that eliminates ambient noise whenever you’re in a crowded area or noisy environment. It lets you immerse in the excellence of music without any interruptions. The clarity of the sound is like no other.
The frequency range is extended with deep and accurate bass response. And because these are wireless, you can use it for the maximum time of 30 hours while switching up from one playlist to another with the remote.
How to Choose the Best Audiophile Headphones
- SOUND QUALITY: The most important aspect you should be checking is the sound quality. The high-end headphones provide excellent clarity and deep bass with a great balance between vocals, acoustics, and trebles. Whatever music genre you’re listening to, the sound and overall performance should be of the best quality.
- COMFORT & DESIGN: Each of these headphones is painstakingly crafted with incredible designs that exhibit sophistication and simplicity. But whatever design they may have, they must provide comfort to your ears for you’ll be wearing them for an hour or so.
- WIRED or WIRELESS: These headphones can either be wired or wireless. Both types don’t compromise the sound quality. But if you want to go for Bluetooth or wireless headphones, make sure they can establish a stable Bluetooth connection to avoid any inconsistencies in the performance.
- DURABILITY: No matter how stunning the headphones look, you shouldn’t settle for cheap quality. You don’t want to skimp on buying headphones so you can save more money. But it will actually cost you more in the long run. Sometimes you’ve got to spend a little to get the best that will last for a long time. However, it doesn’t mean your headphones should be ridiculously expensive. There are affordable high-end headphones too! Always check the quality thoroughly.
Audiophile headphones are truly worth every penny. But not everything you see on the market is of the best quality unless you’ve got a great eye to check the sound quality, durability, design, and comfort. If you’re still a bit lost when choosing the perfect audiophile headphones, all the information mentioned above will help you make the best decision.