An air circulator fan comprises of a fan and a circulator. A fan blows air in one direction, pulling it from behind, and propelling it forwards. On the other hand, the air circulator fan distributes this moving air around a room, in an effort to create turbulence and keep the air in any space dynamic. Air circulator fan come in different sizes and designs, often making it confusing for people who want to buy the right device.
This review of the top 10 air circulator fans in 2017 is designed to solve that problem and to help you to make the right purchase decision.
- Check out the Top 10 Best Air Circulator Fans in 2017
- 10. Madoats Portable Desktop Air Circulator Fan
- 9. Paragala Mini-USB Rechargeable & Portable Fan
- 8. Brightown Ultra-Slim Oscillating Table Fan
- 7. Lasko A20100 20-Inch Air Circulator Fan
- 6. Sunmay Mini USB Time Display Portable Fan
- 5. Honeywell HT-9700 2-in1 2-Speed Air Circulator Fan
- 4. Fancii Portable Mini USB Air Circulator Fan
- 3. Vornado 660 Air Circulator Fan
- 2. Honeywell HT-908 Room Air Circulator Fan
- 1. Honeywell HT-900 Room Air Circulator Fan
- How Air Circulator Fan Works
- What to Look for in an Air Circulator Fan
- How to Choose the Best Air Circulator Fan
- Related Articles:
Check out the Top 10 Best Air Circulator Fans in 2017
Now that you know what to look for in an Air Circulator Fan, it’s time for us to reveal our picks for the 10 best that you can consider buying.
10. Madoats Portable Desktop Air Circulator Fan
Measuring just 9.5 x 5.7 x 4 inches, this portable air circulator fan packs quite an impressive performance. It uses just 18 Watts of power, but it will even reduce the temperature of air that passes through it by utilizing evaporative cooling. It has a 420 ml water tank for this purpose, 3 air speeds for the fan, and it also adds a circulator function. The entire device weighs just 770g (27 oz.) making it perfect for traveling, camping and any other activity you could need a fan with a humidifier for.
- Pros: Very portable, evaporative cooler, saves more energy than an air-conditioner.
- Cons: Not for high-performance situations.
9. Paragala Mini-USB Rechargeable & Portable Fan
Paragala’s mini-USB fan is not exactly an air circulator fan, but it does have quite interesting features. It can be a small, hand-held device, or a clip-on fan. Designed in a lovely neon-green and white color combination, it also looks quite cool and modern. This fan can be charged with any 5Volt USB charger. Its lithium battery holds enough charge for up to 4.5 hours of work on a full charge. The package includes this fan, its battery, user manual and a micro USB cable.
- Pros: Lovely design, rechargeable battery, lightweight & portable, USB charging.
- Cons: It is too small for more than 1 person.
8. Brightown Ultra-Slim Oscillating Table Fan
This air circulating fan comes in a very slim tower design. It features a simple control system, with 3 speed levels, and it oscillates from side to side, in order to circulate its air output. With a power consumption of just 25Watts, this fan is energy saving, and it saves space as well. It arrives fully assembled in its package, and it is 14.4 inches high.
- Pros: Ultra-slim design, tabletop design, quiet air circulation.
- Cons: Not large enough for more than 1 person.
7. Lasko A20100 20-Inch Air Circulator Fan
Lasko’s A20100 fan is a uniquely designed ventilator that offers many mounting options. It can be tabletop or wall mounted, and turned to face any direction of choice. This 20-inch fan features a propeller blade design, with a 3-speed setting. It also comes with a lightweight carry handle, and is easily assembled without tools. With a light-weight of just 7.6 lbs., it measures 8 x 24 x 23 inches.
- Pros: 3-speed operation, lightweight fan plus carry handle, energy-efficient design.
- Cons: Pivoting head is not automatic.
6. Sunmay Mini USB Time Display Portable Fan
This mini USB fan has a unique feature that is absent from all other fans. It features a time display as it rotates, keeping you aware of the time in lovely colors. This fan is quite sturdy, being made from a metal frame. It features a quiet operation and is powered using a USB cable. This makes it able to function with a computer, power-bank, or any 5Volt wall charger. It is 14cm wide in diameter and weighs just 266g.
- Pros: Displays time, built with a metal frame, 360-degree adjustable angle.
- Cons: Swivel is not automatic
5. Honeywell HT-9700 2-in1 2-Speed Air Circulator Fan
Honeywell HT-9700 is a unique fan designed for unique situations. It features 2 independently operational fans, a smaller one above and a larger one below. Each of the 2 fans has a 2-speed control and can pivot up to 90 degrees. This makes the fan able to distribute 2 streams of air simultaneously, while being up to 30% quieter than comparable fans. It features easily-removable grilles for cleaning, and is supported by a 1-year Honeywell warranty.
- Pros: Offers 2 independent fans, 2 speeds with 90-degree swivel, 1-year warranty.
4. Fancii Portable Mini USB Air Circulator Fan
Built for maximum efficiency, this fan measures just 4.7 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches, but it utilizes a twin-blade system to produce a maximum airspeed of 4.2 meters/sec. This technology makes it up to 40% more powerful than comparable fans, and up to 25% quieter as well. It is powered by USB and features a 2-speed control. With up to 180 degrees of tilting, this portable and lightweight fan is an ideal companion for many activities.
- Pros: Twin blade technology, up to 4.2m/s airspeed, 2-speed control, 180-degree tilting.
- Cons: Fan face is only 4 inches wide.
3. Vornado 660 Air Circulator Fan
The Vornado 660 is a unique air circulator fan, designed to create a unique airflow in any room. It uses its deeply-pitched blades to generate enough air, which can travel for up to a 100-ft. distance. The spiral grill, enclosed air-duct, and inlet accelerator combine with the blades to make this airflow circulate the whole room by creating a vortex pattern. It is 15 inches high, features a 4-speed setting, and is supported by a 5-year warranty.
- Pros: Lovely design, easy to clean, high efficiency fan, whisper quiet operation.
- Cons: A little pricey.
2. Honeywell HT-908 Room Air Circulator Fan
If you want a fan that is guaranteed to provide you with enough breeze and in a compact form, then this Honeywell fan is worth a closer look. With its 15-inch frame, you can be sure of enough air up to a distance of 32 ft. The blade is designed to be quieter and can be set to 3 rotation speeds. There is a 90-degree tilt possibility for the fan’s head, and Honeywell backs it with a 1-year warranty.
- Pros: Quiet blade design, removable grill for cleaning, 15-inch frame, 3 wind speeds.
1. Honeywell HT-900 Room Air Circulator Fan
Honeywell’s TurboForce technology is implemented here for maximum cooling and circulation of air. This fan operates 25% quieter than comparable devices. It features a 3-speed control system, a 90-degree fan head tilts and the grilles can be easily removed in order to clean the device. This fan can additionally be either ground, table-top or wall mounted.Honeywell supports it with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Pros: Energy-saving design, aerodynamic, 3-speed, 7-inch blades, 90-degree pivot.
We have come to the end of this top 10 air circulator fans review for 2017. We have presented you with a list of the currently best fans in the market, and have shown you our number #1 rated fan as well. The choice is now yours to make. Feel free to choose our recommendation, or any of the other 9, equally great fans.
How Air Circulator Fan Works
An air circulator fan is made up of 2 basic mechanisms. First, there is a fan which simply blows air forward, by making circular motions with a slanted surface (a blade). The second mechanism directs the air towards different areas of the space, usually through a circular, horizontal motion. This double-action keeps the entire volume of air in any place dynamic.
What to Look for in an Air Circulator Fan
Before purchasing an air circulator fan, the following issues should be considered very well. This will enable you to purchase the right fan. They include:
- Size of the Space: The size of the space matters a lot. A smaller air circulator fan can adequately cool a small room or enclosure, but larger spaces need larger fans. Asides from larger blades, the motors should as well be bigger.
- Mobility: The issue of mobility needs consideration as well. Will the air circulator fan be used in just one room, or will you need to move it periodically from room to room? This makes it necessary to be lightweight and to have a power cord that is long enough.
- Noise Level: Generally, a fan’s noise level is tied to the volume of air it can move. The more air it moves, the noisier it gets, although some fans will be much noisier or quieter than average. It is left for you then to decide whether you will trade noise for performance, or the other way around.
How to Choose the Best Air Circulator Fan
The following are the important aspects of an air circulator fan. By paying attention to these features, you can be sure of choosing the most suitable circulator fan for your needs. They include:
- Style: Style here refers to the design and visual appeal of the air circulator fan. Since they always have to work in the midst of people, including visitors, friends, and family, a good fan should look as nice as possible. It should also fit into the decor of the home, and if possible, even improve the aesthetics of wherever it is placed.
- Performance: The volume of air that a fan move determines how much cooling it can create. This amount of cooling that you need will depend on your location and its weather. For hotter climates, you should go for a fan with higher performance.
- User Friendliness: This refers to the ease of use of the air circulator fan. Many devices have 3 fan speeds, and often with an on/off switch for a circulation movement. The easier it is to control these and other settings, the more user-friendly the device is.
- Safety Features: In order to protect kids and pets, safety considerations are important for bladed fans. Covering the blades with a safety grille or a grate usually solves this problem. The fan should also be able to run for extended periods of time, without overheating, or causing any other electrical problems.
- Sturdy Design: In addition to all the features above, a good air circulator fan should be sturdy as well. A well-built product will withstand the wear of constant use for a long time, making it durable, and more valuable.