When you’re all done with washing, the next step is ironing. It is not that easy-breezy, though. You’ve got to be careful not to burn your clothes and put them all to waste! All you need is a reliable steam iron that will do the magic and can smooth out every wrinkle on your clothes and delicate fabric. But how can you find the best steam iron?
There are key features you have to check closely when picking out a steam iron — the heat setting, the flexibility, ease of use, and the durability of the product overall. You can also choose the style you want as these modern steam irons showcase stylish yet ergonomic designs that provide easy ironing.
Our comprehensive review and guideline for the Top 10 Best Steam Irons in 2020 uncovers the top steam irons on the market that exhibit superior quality and functional features. Check them out!
- These are the Top 10 Best Steam Irons in 2020
- 10. BLACK+DECKER IMPACT Advanced Steam Iron
- 9. BLACK+DECKER Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron
- 8. T-fal FV4495 Ultraglide Easycord Steam Iron
- 7. Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron
- 6. BLACK+DECKER IR40V Easy Steam Nonstick Compact Iron
- 5. Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron
- 4. Steamfast (SF717) Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron
- 3. BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron
- 2. Sunbeam Steam Master GCSBSP-201-FFP Non-Stick Stainless steel Soleplate Iron
- 1. Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron
- How to Choose the Best Steam Iron
These are the Top 10 Best Steam Irons in 2020
Last update on 2020-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Take a look more detailed reviews on each product below:
10. BLACK+DECKER IMPACT Advanced Steam Iron
For maximum durability, this Black Decker Impact Advanced steam iron is loaded with functional features that you can depend on for a long time. Its long-lasting performance and construction deliver optimal heat and impeccable ironing performance that eliminates wrinkles on all types of fabric. It is built with stainless steel soleplate that glides smoothly and easily on the fabric. You can adjust the steam or temperature with its ergonomic knob and set it according to the temperature you need.
You won’t also have to worry about the cords. It is crafted with a pivoting cord that allows you to iron conveniently while keeping the cord out of the way. The ergonomic handle also gives you a comfortable glide while ironing. And if ever you’ve forgotten to turn it off, or you left it unattended, it has an auto-off feature that will give you peace of mind.
9. BLACK+DECKER Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron
Black Decker surely knows everyone’s needs when it comes to ironing. As the best-selling steam iron on the market and the top on our list, this digital advantage professional iron is crafted with modern and basic features that’ll make your ironing much easier than ever.
In addition to its maximum durability overall, this Black Decker iron is made of heavy-duty stainless steel soleplate that is built to last. It glides smoothly on the fabric without leaving any damages. The handle provides a comfortable grip that allows you to maneuver on your clothes and fabric at ease. It has a high steam rate that blasts away all the wrinkles efficiently. The variable temperature and steam controls let you customize each setting for the ideal results.
Another impressive feature of this steam iron is the digital temperature control. It has a clear-view LCD screen that allows you to personalize the fabric and steam settings. And when it’s all good to go, the screen will flash “READY” when it’s preheated to the selected temperature level. It is self-cleaning, has an anti-drip feature, moisture buttons, and 3-way auto-shutoff. It’s definitely packed with stunning features!
8. T-fal FV4495 Ultraglide Easycord Steam Iron
If you want to flatten out all those stubborn wrinkles on your clothes, especially those that are too delicate to handle, you need a non-stick steam iron to keep it in the best condition. One of the steam irons you can find on the market is the T-fal FV44955 Ultraglide that showcases a non-stick ceramic soleplate. This material prevents the fabric from damages and burns. It also has microholes that provide even distribution of steam all over the fabric.
With its ergonomic handle and Easycord exit system with a long cord, ironing becomes more convenient as it keeps the cord out of the way while you move or glide the iron. You can also fill the water inlet which is larger and doesn’t require frequent refills. And if you leave it inactive for 30 seconds, it has an auto-off safety feature that prevents overheating and other damages.
7. Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron
For full-size features in a compact size, Sunbeam is one of the steam irons you can trusts. It exhibits a modern design that doesn’t compromise its performance. This Sunbeam iron comes with a smooth gliding non-stick soleplate that keeps the fabric smooth and flat the way you want it to. It has a water reservoir for better steaming and presses out the wrinkles and creases gently without damaging the fabric.
To help you know the steam iron is heating up at an optimal temperature, it is designed with an indicator light. It has variable temperature settings for the heat which allows you to adjust the heat or steam according to the type of fabric you’re ironing. And since it is very compact, you can bring it with you whenever you need handy and reliable ironing equipment when you travel!
6. BLACK+DECKER IR40V Easy Steam Nonstick Compact Iron
If you’re looking for another steam iron that you glide and maneuver with ease, you can for the Black Decker IR40V. It is crafted with a Smart Steam technology that regulates the amount of steam according to the temperature setting that results in an optimal level of heat. It helps prevent burns and damages on the fabric while keeping it free from wrinkles and creases.
You won’t have to worry if you leave it on for a few seconds. It is engineered with a motion-sensitive technology that automatically shuts the iron off when the iron is left inactive on its soleplate, heel, or one side. This safety feature prevents overheating and further accidents. The pivoting cord, however, lets you iron with ease while getting the cord out of the way.
Another impressive feature is the fabric guide. Every type of fabric has a particular treatment that if not properly applied, it may result in damages or worse, burns. With its TrueGlide non-stick plate and ergonomic handle, you can glide smoothly and easily on all types of fabric.
5. Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron
For all those timeless and effortless ironing, Rowenta DW8080 can be your next option. Apart from its elegant highly polished stainless-steel soleplate, it has over 400 microholes that provide even distribution of heat and steam. The precision tip, microholes, and stainless steel soleplate all jive in to deliver smooth and easy ironing when you glide the iron on all types of fabric.
Unlike the other models, this steam iron features steam options such as variable-steam, cool-mist-spray options, and burst-of-steam. This steam iron also has an option for vertical steaming if you need to iron hanging garments. It is crafted with an extra-large water reservoir that doesn’t require too many refills. It has an anti-drip and self-clean system that make the steam iron very durable and reliable for many years to come.
4. Steamfast (SF717) Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron
If you often travel to places, it might not always be easy to carry a steam iron in your luggage; it is too bulky and heavy. But if you need a mini steam iron that you can just slip into your bag, this one from Steamfast is definitely a good buy. Steamfast iron is very compact and lightweight but it doesn’t compromise the performance. It is a small ironing tool that’s packed with full-size features.
It heats up quickly; 15 seconds is all you have to wait! This mini wonder has variable temperature settings that provide good heat for your shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, dresses, curtains and drapes, linens, and quilts. It does a lot for a mini steam iron! And with its non-stick soleplate, you can expect nothing but perfection and ideal steaming on your favorite clothes and fabric!
3. BLACK+DECKER Classic Steam Iron
The next on our list is another entry from Black Decker. This classic steam iron showcases everything you need for a smooth glide and easy maneuver on your clothes and fabric. It is built with an aluminum soleplate for enhanced durability that you can use for many years to come. As it is non-stick, it guarantees quick and easy glide to remove all the wrinkles and creases on the fabric.
If you need an optimal steam, this iron also comes with 7 temperature settings that you can adjust according to the heat or steam you need. You can also use it for dry ironing, especially on delicate types of fabric. You just have to turn it off and glide smoothly on the fabric. And if it is left unattended, it automatically shuts off to avoid damages, overheating, and other accidents.
2. Sunbeam Steam Master GCSBSP-201-FFP Non-Stick Stainless steel Soleplate Iron
Putting the cord away while ironing or for storage is one of the primary issues with steam irons. It is sometimes not easy to find the one that brings you convenience while ironing or when you put it away for storage. And if you’re in need of retractable cord, you can try this steam iron from Sunbeam Steam Master. It comes with an 8-foot retractable cord that conveniently retracts into an integrated storage compartment with just one quick push! Cord storage is hassle-free and neat!
When it comes to the main feature, this Sunbeam Steam Master is designed with a stainless steel soleplate with macro-sized steam holes for more efficient steam. With its professional-style and pointed tip, it can go over the pleats, around the buttons, and detailed pressing.
As it is crafted with variable steam settings, you can adjust the heat according to the desired level, especially when ironing delicate fabric and other types of material. You can also use it for vertical steam for hanging garments when you’re in a hurry and need to remove those wrinkles on your pants or shirt! But if you ever left it unattended, it will automatically shut off. No worries, no mess!
1. Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron
To deliver a wrinkle-eliminating steam, Rowenta DW5080 is designed with a stainless steel soleplate. The precision tip promotes efficient steaming, especially in detailed and hard-to-reach areas such as around the buttons and pleats. It has a temperature setting knob that you can adjust according to the desired heat level. This iron delivers optimal steam that removes wrinkles and creases effectively.
If you need to produce more steam, you can rely on its water tank that doesn’t need to be refilled frequently. This iron is designed with patented micro steam stainless-steel soleplate that has 400 microholes for even steam distribution. You can glide seamlessly on your clothes or other fabric with its ergonomic handle. It provides less friction and less effort so you can get all your ironing done in no time!
How to Choose the Best Steam Iron
- DURABILITY: This includes the quality and material of the soleplates and cords. The soleplate is the primary part of the steam iron that delivers the optimal heat to smooth out the wrinkles on the clothes and fabric. Ceramic and non-stick soleplates have been the common materials for steam irons as they provide smooth glide and easy ironing without damaging the clothes. The cords, on the other hand, are usually designed with a pivoting or a retractable feature that makes the steam iron very handy without worrying about tangled cords. Pivoting cords allow the user to maneuver the steam iron without the cords getting in the way while ironing.
- HEAT SETTING: To achieve the best results when ironing, another key is to control the heat. Every steam iron has a heat setting feature that allows you to deliver the optimal heat temperature or steam to iron a particular type of fabric. Every kind of fabric has its own designated temperature to keep it in its finest condition without all the burns and damages.
- HANDLE: For much easier ironing, an ergonomic handle makes a lot of difference. All steam irons are crafted with ergonomic handles that allow the user to move, glide, and maneuver the steam iron all wrinkled fabric. Opt for the one that will give you the utmost convenience.
- OTHER FEATURES: Modern designs are crafted with additional features to ensure the user’s comfort when ironing. Some units are structured with spray mists for better steaming. To help you out with the proper treatment for different types of fabric, some include a fabric guide. Auto-off and self-cleaning features are also available in some designs.
Choosing the right steam iron makes ironing a whole lot easier. You can smooth out all those stubborn wrinkles on your clothes and preserve them in their finest conditions. If you’re still picking out the best steam iron to replace your old one or just to give your ironing tool a better upgrade, you have to check the features very carefully, especially the durability, soleplate material, and heat or steam setting.
Our list and comprehensive reviews provide the best steam irons you can find on the market and the detailed guideline before choosing one. With all these informative details, we hope you’ve picked out the best steam iron that will suit your needs and style!