If you are someone that spends a considerable time removing snow during the harsh winter, then you need to own a good snow shovel to make your life a lot easier. While it may seem that picking out a shovel for snow is really easy and doesn’t need any consideration, this isn’t entirely true. With a bit of research and looking around, you can buy such a snow shovel which gets your job done quickly and in less time.
The weight of snow adds up pretty quickly, because of which, shoveling puts a lot of strain on the body. Furthermore, a majority of the people aren’t used to aggressive shoveling which can often lead to catastrophic results. Shoveling is not only aggressive but is also a repetitive motion which you don’t normally do throughout the year. So, the arms and the back aren’t too prepared for the sudden exertion.
When you make an informed decision, you can’t only save yourself from the pain, but you also won’t have to make second trips to the store to purchase a replacement after a few days. Whether you need to clear the driveway, shovel the sidewalks, or dig out your car, with a simple yet effective solution, you can solve a significant problem with a good snow shovel.
The 10 Best Snow Shovels in 2021 That You Should Buy
Here is a list of the Top 10 Best Snow Shovels of 2021, currently available for purchase. Go over the list and see which snow shovel you’d like to purchase.
Last update on 2021-03-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Take a look for more details on each product!
10. Pinty Aluminum Lightweight Utility Shovel
Areas that have heavy snowfall would definitely benefit from the Pinty Aluminum utility shovel. This shovel comes in an ergonomic and practical design that reduces the bend and lift strain upon your body, letting you shovel more snow without using a lot of effort. It comes with a 26-32 inches adjustability making it an essential gear for outdoor enthusiasts who would want to clear their driveways or dig out their vehicles.
The shovel comes in a three-piece construction, allowing you to store it conveniently in your car’s truck. Materials that are made to last crafted using high-quality aluminum despite being exposed to harsh weather elements. Additionally, the unit boasts of an ergonomically designed shovelhead that enables a larger digging volume.
- Constructed from high-quality aluminum materials to offer superior performance for long
- Features an adjustable and comfortable design
- Three-piece construction makes it simple to assemble and disassemble
- Comes in a lightweight design, boosting its portability
9. Suncast SCF2950 20-Inch Snow Shovel
Combining design features of both a pusher and shovel, this is a versatile tool to use for all-purpose snow removal. This model comes with a twenty inch wide reinforced blade that is sturdy enough to withstand the harsh weather elements. It also comes with a flat surface that has a slight curve allowing it to cut through snow for an easier push and lifting.
The blade also comes with a steel edge wear strip to reduce wear and tear as well as a steel core shaft with a D – handle that ensures more control. This shovel also comes in a lightweight design, making it a decent choice for areas that receive heavy snowfall thanks to its versatility and ease of use.
- Comes with a lightweight and sturdy handle with fiber core
- Added Galvanized Steel Wear Strip ensures durability by minimizing wear and tear
- The Oversized Cushioned Grip boost the user comfort giving them more control
- Feature a No Stick Graphite Blade
8. Garant APW18KDRU Alpine Snow Shovel
Shovel and scrape your walkway and driveway with this heavy-duty shovel from Garant. It comes with a reinforced steel strip that ensures dependable service for many years to come. By combining the best features of a scraper and shovel, this model will enable you to clear a large area with minimal efforts. It comes with an aluminum D- grip handle that is not only lightweight but also offers excellent control.
What’s more, the unit comes with a decently sized shovel that allows you to push or lift snow faster. Some of the other features we love about this unit include the sturdy construction, compact design that gets into tighter spaces easily as well as ergonomic design. This makes it a great winter tool that is useful for just about everyone.
- Features an eighteen-inch Polyethylene blade
- The blade comes reinforced with steel wear strip for durability
- Hardwood handle absorbs shock
- Ergonomically designed D-grip handle will accommodate a gloved hand perfectly
7. MD Sales Force Premium Snow Shovel
Shoveling snow is not only a tedious but also time-intensive process. However, with the MD Sales Force shovel, you no longer have to spend a lot of time in the freezing temperature trying to clear the snow. This shovel comes with a durable blade and two large wheels that make snow clearing quick and effortless.
Different from other models on the market, this unit comes with an adjustable arm, which takes heavy lifting and bending out of the equation. Plus, this is a wheeled snow pusher that will save you the hard work that is involved when it is clearing your walkways and driveways during the cold months.
- Features an innovative design, which is collapsible, making it easy to store and transport
- Has oversized concave blades that are bi-laterally adjustable up to 45 degrees
- The shovel comes with a heavy-duty structure that is fully metallic
- Comes with T- shaped handles with adjustable height
6. Snow Joe iON13SS 40-volt Cordless Snow Shovel
Coming in a wheeled design, snow removal from your home is now convenient with the Snow Joe iON13SS snow shovel. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers a longer runtime when compared to other models powers this machine. This is an environmentally friendly unit as it comes in a whisper-quiet operation and Zero carbon emission, preventing air pollution.
Unlike the electric-powered models, you don’t have to worry about tangled extension cords or power outages as it runs on a battery. Similarly, this unit comes with a 500W brushless motor that ensures battery efficiency. Some of the other features you will love about this unit include a lightweight and compact design, patented back saving handle as well as lightweight design.
- Powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Superior construction fitted with unique features makes snow-clearing bliss
- Features a two blade paddle auger that throws snow to a distance of up to 25 feet
- It has a 500W brushless motor that is more efficient
5. Ohuhu Adjustable Wheeled Snow Pusher
Snowy days make a good example of a true definition of a love-hate relationship. Although snow makes the streets have a winter wonderland look, the heavy amount of snow will block your driveway and walkways making it hard to get your car out. But this doesn’t have to be so every time as the Ohuhu snow pusher will help you clear the snow four times faster than when using other traditional snow shovels. This model comes with two large wheels and adjustable shovelhead eliminating the need for bending and lifting.
It comes with rounded grooves along the surface of the shovel that directs the snow outwards, clearing a large area with a single pass. We also love its convenient foldable design for simple storage, whisper quiet operation, as well as excellent shoveling capabilities. This makes it a great choice model to have to keep your driveways and paths in tiptop condition during this winter.
- Comes with a shoveling angle which is adjustable enabling it clear snow four times faster when compared to other models
- Features a T-Shaped handle that is height adjustable
- Equipped with commercial grade wheels that tackle slippery and uneven roads effortlessly
- Crafted from heavy-duty metallic materials
4. ORIENTOOLS Heavy Duty Rolling Adjustable Snow Pusher
Individuals searching for a snow shovel with ergonomics as their main criterions should pay attention to this Heavy Duty Snow Pusher from ORIENTOOLS. This is a heavy-duty snow shovel that is made from high-impact polypropylene shovel and comes in a generous size of 25 inches wide by 13 inches High to ensure maximum pushing capacity. The shovel also comes with a concave and angled design allowing it clear 5 inches snow layers on a single pass, saving you time and energy.
What makes this unit apart from the competition is its incredibly adjustable handle. The handle is easily adjusted from 45 to 51 inches to accommodate your needs. It also comes with grippy six inches wheels that reduce stress on your back and arms when moving the snow.
- Solid construction makes this shovel efficient for heavy-duty applications as it clears snow deep as 5 inches in a single pass
- The handle is well padded for extra comfort and control
- The blade can be adjusted from 45-50 inches allowing you to cover a larger area
- Simple installation with all the instructions included for your reference
3. True Temper SnoBoss 26-Inch Snow Shovel
The True Temper SnoBoss is a combination shovel that boasts of an innovative design that offers the user with ergonomic support while lifting, pushing, and clearing snow. The blade is 26 inches wide and is attached to a heavy-duty poly blade that also doubles as a shovel scoop and snow sleigh. It also has a steel wear strip that ensures that the poly blade does not wear down quickly.
At a closer look, we also noted that the unit comes with an ergonomically designed handle that provides an extra advantage and lifts. As if this is not enough, this unit also comes with a footstep to assist with lifting. Plus, thanks to the compact yet wider blade, this shovel moves a large amount of snow quickly.
- Comes with a twenty-six-inch wide blade making it push more snow with ease
- The wider and ergonomically designed handle boost the user’s control and offer them with more advantage
- Multiple grips plus end grip ensures optimal hand placement
- The footstep is included for maximum advantage
2. Lifeline Aluminum Sport Utility Shovel
Designed to last through even under extreme conditions, the Lifeline aluminum utility shovel allows you clear snow easily in less time. Together the handle and blade offer the user with optimal design integrity that assists you clear your driveway, pavement, stairs, and other areas effortlessly. The shovel comes with an innovative design that breaks into three pieces making it easy to carry and store.
The shovel comes in a lightweight yet high-quality aluminum construction, ensuring durability and high performance. Additionally, this model comes in six exciting colors and has undergone a high-quality powder coating process, ensuring that the coat remains vivid even after being exposed to elements.
- The length of the shovel is adjustable from 25 to 32 inches
- High-quality aluminum construction
- Brakes down if needed into 3 pieces
- Adjustable and ergonomically designed handles
1. Snow Joe SHOVELUTION SJ-SHLV01 Snow Shovel
Now it’s time to toss out the old shovels and make the backbreaking winter cleanup outdated by purchasing the SHOVELUTION SJ-SHLV01 snow shovel. This model offers you with a next generation snow clearing technology that greatly reduces the body strain, effort and injury risks that are involved with clearing snow.
This shovel comes with advanced features such as spring-loaded ergonomic grips that offer more control, decently sized shovel head that allows you clear snow quickly as well as solid construction. Besides this unit, it comes with a lightweight and portable design, so moving it from one place to the other will never be a problem. Again, the model is sturdily constructed guaranteeing you with a service you can depend on.
- Features ergonomic D ring handles grips that offer the users with added comfort and control
- Decent eighteen-inch shovel blade allows you clear snow fast
- Offers lifting advantage to user’s hand enabling you to lift greater loads without struggling
- Sturdy aluminum handles ensure superior performance
Factors to consider when getting the best snow shovels
Don’t spend a lot of time in the cold trying to clear the snow with the traditional shovels. These shovels also make your body strain increases the risk of an injury. If these statistics are something to go by then, you know that ergonomically designed and modern shovels are a better alternative. Choosing any of the models mentioned above will not only cut the time by at least a half but also ensures that you use lesser effort.