Winter is a great time to enjoy various outdoor sports including snowboarding, snowshoeing, and skiing. However, similar to other sports, it is always important to ensure that you have the right gear before embarking on any of these sports. Without protective ski goggles, there is an increased risk of small ice particles or snow fragment getting into your eyes. This can cause temporary blindness or serious eye damage.
With the best ski goggles, you can sled, ski and snowshoe to your heart’s content. Besides preventing particles from getting into your eyes, these goggles will also provide a wider and clear field of view. Additionally, unlike other types of goggles, the ski goggles protect the user’s eyes from harmful UV rays.
Moreover, they also prevent fogging and stop wind that can blur your vision. By maximizing your vision, you can ride harder, faster and safer in all snow conditions. Unfortunately, not all ski goggles perform, as they should. In this comprehensive guide, we have reviewed the top ten models available on the market today.
The 10 Best Ski Goggles & Snowboard Goggles of 2019
10. Odoland Snow Ski Goggles S2 Double Lens
The Odoland Snow Skate Ski goggles are specifically designed to suit the needs of avid outdoor adventurers. The goggle lens features anti-fog and UV protection ensuring clear and greater visibility. Unlike other models on the market, these goggles come with a sixteen-hold design and a soft sponge that ensures a comfortable wearing in all weather conditions. Again, these goggles have a double lens design that accelerates the air circulation ensuring better visibility.
Another feature that makes these goggle stand from the competition is the humanized sponge design. Combination of the sponge hole with the adjustable headband gives the user a comfortable wearing experience. Similarly, these goggles are made of high-quality materials ensuring durability.
9. Gonex OTG Oversized Snow Snowboard Goggles
If you are looking for snow goggles that offer a greater value in terms of price and performance, look no further as the Gonex snowboard goggles will offer you what you need. These goggles are designed using innovative technology to ensure an incredible user experience. Besides featuring the anti-fog and windproof properties, these goggles are also UV ray resistant.
Additionally, these goggles come with cleverly designed lenses, which offer a wider view when on the slopes. This ensures that you can ride safely. They also boast of superior optic clarity that makes them suitable for almost all kinds of lighting conditions and weather. Moreover, you will love the sturdy and adjustable frame that makes them not only durable but also easy to customize.
8. Hongdak Ski Goggles
The Hongdak Ski Goggles are professionally designed goggles that will fit both women and men. They boast of an innovative design that promotes a smoother airflow system. This will ensure that the moisture exhaust efficiently, minimizing the risk of the mask fogging. The unit also comes with adjustable straps that allow you wear the goggles when still wearing a helmet.
When comparing with other goggles at the same price tag, this model surely stands out. To begin with, it comes with a panoramic lens design that offers more than 18 degrees of views. The unit also comes with an innovative OTG design making it easy to wear. What’s more, this unit comes with a wide range of colors allowing you to pick a model that suits your needs best.
7. Odoland General OTG Ski Goggles
When taking part in outdoor sports such as skating, skiing, as well as other winter snow sports, it is imperative to have a helmet. Unfortunately, we have few skiing goggles that can be worn together with helmets. This is why these goggles stand out. Unlike other models, these goggles are helmet compatible. They also boast of shatterproof, anti-glare and windproof protection lenses ensuring optimal user comfort.
The lens also has optical clarity with a super spherical vision that allows for a clear view. Additionally, these gadgets also come with venting that ensures no fogging. This makes them a great choice for people looking for effective yet low budget ski goggles.
6. COPOZZ Ski Goggles
The COPOZZ goggles come with a simplistic, functional, and versatile design. They come with a massive lens and thin unnoticeable frame. This gives the goggles a unique and stylish look. Apart from the impressive aesthetics, these goggles also come with a simple changing lens system. This allows you to use a different lens to fit your needs.
They also come with the OTG design that allows you to wear glass under the goggles. This is a great feature for people with prescription glasses. Additionally, these goggles also come with high-density elastic straps, making them helmet compatible.
5. Zionor X10 Ski Snowboard Snow Goggles
Pairing sleek and classic design, these snow goggles from Zionor are well engineered to offer a stylish look without compromising your comfort. These goggles come with a rugged design that withstands impacts, offers anti-fog protection as well as high anti-glare functionality. Again, these goggles come with a hundred percent UV protection to ensure that your eyes are safe.
Other unique features that this unit comes with the extra long straps and spherical views. The spherical views allow for a clear view thanks to the 180 degrees plus a panoramic design that ensures reduced visual interference. Last but not the least these goggles also come with air vents that prevent fogging.
4. Zionor X4 Ski Snowboard Snow Goggles
Enjoy the impressive anti-fogging and anti-glare functionalities that come with the Zionor Xfour goggles. These goggles are designed in a way that it eliminates glare while protecting your eyes from exposure to UV radiations. You can use the goggles on all weather conditions as they come with a magnetic lens-swapping technology that features eight customizable spots to hold the lenses in place.
We also love the spherical ultra-wide view combined with a smooth venting system. The smooth ventilation will prevent fogging of the glasses while the 180-degree panoramic view ensures superior clarity. To ensure a snug fit, these goggles come with an extra long and flexible strap.
3. OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles PRO
If you are looking for frameless ski goggles that fit both men and women, the Outdoor Master Pro goggles are a perfect choice. They come with oversized spherical lenses that offer clear and unobstructed views. Thanks to the interchangeable lenses, you can choose the models that adapt to the weather condition whether you are skiing during the day or night.
Besides, these goggles come with an over the glasses design that allows you wear the prescription eyewear underneath. Some of the other incredible features that comes with this unit include anti-fog coating protection, Adjustable strap for helmet compatibility as well as UV protection.
2. Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles
Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles brings together superior quality optics and comfortable fit without charging exorbitant prices. You don’t need to spend hours looking for a perfect choice that will meet your needs. By strapping on the Bolle Mojo goggles, you can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and other winter games. The goggles feature innovative flow tech vetting paired with advanced lens technology to ensure better clarity and fog-free performance.
These goggles also come with a dual pane thermal barrier that prevents condensation. This will restrict the moisture build-up which leads to fogging. Additionally, the lens also blocks the UV rays allowing you to spend the whole day in the outdoors without having to worry about the harmful effects of the sun.
1. OutdoorMaster OTG Ski Goggles
OutdoorMaster is a leading manufacturer of ski snowboard goggles, has been producing quality products, and these OTG Ski Goggles are no exception. They come with a superior design that not only ensures that you get ultimate eye protection but also better clarity. Thanks to the interchangeable lens system, you can use various lenses that fit the weather conditions perfectly.
What is even more pleasing about these goggles is that they come with an anti-fog coat to prevent fogging and UV ray resistance. As this is not enough, they also come with over the glass design that allows you to wear the prescription glass underneath.
Factors to consider when choosing the Best Ski Goggles
As you probably know, what is appealing and right for your needs might not necessarily mean that it is best for the other individual. However, there are some features that you should n’t miss when it comes to selecting the best snowboarding goggles. These includes:
- Fit: Remember you are going to wear the goggles for long hours. For this reason, it is crucial to ensure that they are comfortable. Picking uncomfortable models may pinch, slide or impair your peripheral vision which is something that you would not want. Luckily we have different sized goggles including small, oversized and medium sizes. We recommend choosing the oversized models. This is because they will increase the field of view. However, you should avoid picking models that are too big that they leave a gap between the foam padding and face. Ensure that they have a snug fit as allowing too much air to enter through the gap will lead to fogging. For a snug fit, you should go for models that have an adjustable strap.
- Tint on the lens: Don’t just look at the tint and select a pair of ski goggles just because you love the tint. Actually, some tints work better in a certain environment than others. We have various types of tints including pink, dark, blue, and yellow tint. While the Dark tint will work well during sunny days, pink, yellow, and blue tints will work well during flat days. However, because Mother Nature is unpredictable choosing the photo-chromatic lenses is a great idea as they work well regardless of the prevailing weather condition. Besides, we have other unique lenses that darken depending on the intensity of the UV radiations.
- Polarization: Polarization helps in minimizing the glare. This is great especially when you are skiing in the sun. Too much glare can distort color and heightens the risks of experiencing temporary blindness. Well, when skating temporary blindness can lead to the serious accident since you will not be seeing where you are going.
- Warmth: While well-ventilated goggles eliminated fogging, too much of it can make your face freeze. When deciding on the ventilation you want you should consider the area you are planning to do your skiing. For instance, if you plan to ski in bright sunlight, go for the well-ventilated goggles. On the other hand, if you plan to ski in areas that are freezing, go for the less ventilated models.
- Lens interchangeability: Always go for the goggles that allow you to interchange the lenses. Well, with this feature, you can use a various lens to fit the needs under all weather conditions, day and night.
Skiing and snowboarding have never been this enjoyable with these ski goggles. Reputable companies with an aim of offering the best experience produce all the above models. They come in different design and functionalities to help you find a model that meets your needs. We hope by comparing the features in the above ten products and going through the buying guide, it will be easier for you to make an informed decision.