Robo mowers, as the name implies, are small robots mowers that are designed to cut grass and keep your lawn perfectly trimmed. They are also completely different from the old age mowers.
The typical handy lawn mowers need a wire to be set up around them or a battery so that they can be used. You also need to use such a tool yourself.
However, robot lawn mowers are designed to trim all kinds of grass automatically.
Robot lawn mowers can map out your whole lawn and scan for grass that needs to be trimmed. It also does not leave any wheel marks on the ground. Furthermore, you don’t need to push it around yourself.
Robot lawn mowers can make it easy to care for your lawn if you buy the correct one. Some of the main features you must look for in a robot lawn mower when purchasing are:
- Size of your lawn: First of all, you must know the size of your lawn. The size of the lawn matters a lot when it comes to buying a robot lawn mower. If your lawn occupies a large area, then you must buy such a robot lawnmower that can handle the entire area.
Robot lawn mowers are perfect for lawns with no bushes. If your lawn is flat and open, then a robot lawn mower can efficiently do its job.
- The steepness of the lawn: If you have a lawn which is steep, then you must buy a strong and powerful robot lawn mower. Your robot lawn mower must have the required battery power and strong wheels to do its job. The stronger the wheels are, the stronger the mower’s grip will be on the ground even if the said lawn is steep.
- Guide wires: If your lawn has narrow passages and sections, then you must go for a robot lawn mower with guide wires. These guide wires can help your robot lawn mower in trimming the grass quickly in the area where it’s required.
- Privacy and security alarm: Some mowers come with a security alarm and a GPS tracking system. Robot lawn mowers with active security system are easy to track if they are stolen.
- System and programming: It is essential to understand the operation of your robot lawn mower. People think that robot lawn mowers might not need any detailed programming. However, it is recommended that you get one that enables you to program the device with regards to the cutting settings you want according to the seasons to make things convenient for yourself. Also, go for one that’s easy to program and use.
- Blades and disc: If you have children or pets in your house, then you must mainly look for this feature. Go for a robot lawn mower with a cutting disc and retractable blades as it has the lowest chance of hurting your child or pet’s feet.
- Noise: No one likes too much noise. Go for a robot lawn mower that is quieter.
- Battery: This is a crucial feature to consider. Some robot lawn mowers cut grass and return to the charging docks when the battery is low. You should buy a robot lawn mower with a good battery life if your lawn is big.
- Scanning obstacles: Robot lawn mowers that can detect barriers are the ideal units. The lawn mowers with a scanner can identify obstacles and immediately stop cutting to avoid damage to the blades.
- When it rains: Some robot lawn mowers come with a rain detector on the top. It stops working when it rains which is quite helpful for protecting the mower from water damage.
- Availability of spare parts: Opting for a robot lawn mower that has spare parts readily available can make things a lot easier for you if any damage occurs.
- Best Robot Lawn Mowers in 2018
- 10. Husqvarna 220 AC 8.7-Inch 1/2 Acre Cordless Electric Robotic Automower
- 9. Robomow RS630 Robotic Lawn Mower
- 8. Robomow RC306 Robotic Lawn mower
- 7. McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower
- 6. Robomow Battery Operated Lawn Mower
- 5. Robomow RS612 Battery Powered Lawn Mower
- 4. WORX WG794 28-volt Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower
- 3. Husqvarna 967623405 Automower 315 Robotic Lawn Mower
- 2. Flymo 1200R Lithium-Ion Robotic Lawnmower
- 1. Husqvarna 967622505 Auto mower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower
- Final Verdict
- Related Articles:
Best Robot Lawn Mowers in 2018
Below is a list of the top 10 best robot lawn mowers of 2018. All the products mentioned here are high-quality units that you must consider purchasing if you want an efficient robot lawn mower that keeps the lawn in perfect shape!
10. Husqvarna 220 AC 8.7-Inch 1/2 Acre Cordless Electric Robotic Automower
We’re starting this list with a robot lawn mower from Husqvarna. While it isn’t the best offering from the company, it is capable of performing a lot better compared to other similar devices. This robot lawn mower can cover about half an acre of lawn, ensuring that you get a lawn you’ll be happy to see.
9. Robomow RS630 Robotic Lawn Mower
Robomow RS630 is a high-tech robot lawn mower that not only come with advanced mowing technology but also has solid blades and a floating deck.
Due to its numerous features and its efficiency, this robot lawn mower can handle tough lawn conditions and high grass quite easily.
You can keep your lawn perfectly trimmed with this robot lawn mower because of the extra maneuverability and sharp blades that provide the perfect cut.
8. Robomow RC306 Robotic Lawn mower
The RC306 Robotic Lawn mower is another efficient model by Robomow. It is one of the strongest and efficient lawn mowers. This mower starts from the charging station, trims the grass, and then returns to the dock to charge until it is time for the next operation. Moreover, with the accompanying remote control, you can also get rid of the small grass patches that the mower might have been unable to trim during the automatic operation.
7. McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower
Are you looking for a robot lawn mower with a low budget? Well, this is a perfect option for you to consider.
The McCulloh robot Lawn mower can do the job for you at a very reasonable price. It is smaller in size but offers a powerful performance!
6. Robomow Battery Operated Lawn Mower
Robomow is known for creating user-friendly and innovative robot lawn mowers that are a great addition if you want your lawn to stay in an excellent condition.
With this lawn mower, you can be completely relieved of your lawn mowing duties. This battery operated robot lawn mower is easy to use, fast, and strong which efficiently trims the grass.
5. Robomow RS612 Battery Powered Lawn Mower
The next product on the list is another lawn mower by Robomow. Apart from being easy to use, this lawn mower is an efficient unit which can work on slopes and uneven zones as well to provide you a perfectly manicured lawn. It also has numerous features to ensure user safety.
4. WORX WG794 28-volt Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower
The WORX WG794 Landroid is a pre-programmable robot lawn mower with which you can personalize mowing schedules.
It trims the grass on a routine basis, thus always giving your lawn a manicured look. Furthermore, it is also a feature-rich lawn mower that can navigate easily through narrow passages, and cut precisely on slopes without giving out any emissions.
3. Husqvarna 967623405 Automower 315 Robotic Lawn Mower
This offering from Husqvarna is a reliable device to have around for mowing a lawn that has a tough terrain. The power and durability of this unit are enough to handle slopes, large areas, and even endure the heavy rain. It’s a reliable unit!
2. Flymo 1200R Lithium-Ion Robotic Lawnmower
The Flymo 1200R lithium-ion battery robot lawn mower is the next product on the list. It is a colorful robot lawn mower that provides a powerful performance. This orange and grey colored robot lawn mower is stylish yet very efficient.
1. Husqvarna 967622505 Auto mower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower
The next unit on the list is the Husqvarna robot lawn mower. The company knows the struggle of keeping the lawn perfectly trimmed and has thus manufactured an excellent robot lawn mower that takes care of all such needs.
Husqvarna is a beautifully designed product that can easily mow even the most complex of lawns in the most efficient manner possible.
Summing it up, mentioned above were the top-rated robot lawn mowers of 2018 in the market. Keep in mind that you must have a look at all the features and select one according to your needs.
Also, make sure to go through the factors listed in the buying guide once more before making your final purchase.