Wouldn’t it be lovely to feast on some barbecue and hotdogs out in the beach, by the sea, or under a tree in a park?
Much better if you gather with your family and friends to enjoy the delectable grilled dishes on the table. Truly, grilling has been part of every outdoor activity that satisfies hungry tummies and food cravings!
It’s been quite common for some families to use gas grills in their backyard. And most gas grills, nowadays, are engineered with wheels for enhanced mobility. But if you’re planning to take it someplace else, perhaps the beach or the park, that might be impossible. You need a portable gas grill. They are lightweight, compact, and travel-friendly!
To help you find the most suitable portable gas grill for you and your family, our comprehensive guideline and reviews will assist you. We’ve listed the top 10 portable gas grills you can find on the market!
- BURNERS: Every portable gas grill comes with a certain number and type of burners. And to know how many burners you really need for a grill, it is best to know how often you cook over the grill and how much food usually or planning to grill.
The burner can either be infrared or conventional. But sometimes, it is the combination of the two or also known as the hybrid burner. Infrared burners release direct heat while the conventional releases diffused heat.
- DURABILITY: Checking the durability is always a prerequisite for every portable gas grill you’re considering to buy. The construction should be sturdy and can provide excellent service for the longest time possible. Typically, gas grills that are made of stainless steel are the sturdiest.
- GRID: Stainless steel is also the best material for the grid. Try to check if the grid and the grates are rust-resistant and do not chip or flake easily. These parts are prone to some defects and will not be in use eventually if the material is not durable.
These will be exposed to different oils, greases, or other types of seasonings that can cause damages such as flaking, chipping, or rust. Thus, it is important to consider the structure and material used for the grid, although regular cleaning also helps maintain the quality.
- PORTABILITY: Since your primary goal is to take the grill anywhere you want to, a portable gas grill should be lightweight, easy to set up, and compact. With such attributes, the gas grill becomes more travel-friendly and easy to carry together with your luggage.
- SIZE and CAPACITY: Gas grills can really be bulky and heavy but the portable ones should still be compact in size. This feature makes it much easier to set up and keep away for storage. Although it should be compact, the grilling capacity should not be compromised. You should determine how much food you’re planning to cook to know if the capacity’s enough for you.
Best Portable Gas Grills in 2017
- Best Portable Gas Grills in 2017
- 10. Coleman Fold N Go Portable Grill
- 9. Gas Grill Portable Tabletop BBQ Propane Barbeque
- 8. Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill
- 7. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
- 6. Blackstone Dash Portable Grill for Outdoor Cooking, Camping and Tailgating
- 5. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- 4. Cuisinart CGG-200B Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
- 3. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- 2. Blackstone Portable Table Top Camp Griddle
- 1. Weber 51060001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Related Articles:
10. Coleman Fold N Go Portable Grill
Keeping your luggage as lightweight as possible is pretty hard sometimes when you have a portable gas grill with you. But if you’re desperate to find one, the Coleman Fold N Go must be the most lightweight portable gas grill you can ever find in the market. It is compact and small enough to bring to camping or any outdoor activity. You can just fold it and go!
Although it is small, it has enough capacity for grilling some hotdogs or burgers or other dishes you prefer. This Coleman Fold N Go Portable gas grill heats up quickly and serves your food perfectly in no time. It is made of high-quality materials that will keep the grill at its best quality for long periods of time. It may be easy to use but some still find it a little hard to clean.
9. Gas Grill Portable Tabletop BBQ Propane Barbeque
Are you a huge fan of burgers? If you are and want to reserve some more for later, this portable grill from Expert will let you cook up to 10 burgers at once! It showcases an elegant and sleek design with foldable stand. The cover is ergonomically designed with a handle to let you bring the grill with ease anytime and anywhere. Stainless steel is what the grid is made of, so it is guaranteed reliable and durable.
It boasts its cooking capacity of 178 square inches and thus provides you more cooking space for all your favorite dishes. Perhaps some barbecues, hotdogs, eggs, and burgers while you’re by the sea, in the park, or just at home by the balcony. It is easy to set up and its compact size makes it much easier to keep away for storage.
8. Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill
Char-broil is one of the most trusted and well-known brands for gas grills. And if you’re in need of a portable grill, Char-Broil has a treat for you. With its quality-made materials, it ensures to give you an excellent grilling experience. Although some find it a little hard to assemble, the time’s worth it for delish grilled dishes. This gas grill is very affordable, too!
The Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill comes with foldable legs to lock the grill in place and heat-resistant handles so you can move it from one place to another without any hassle. It heats up quickly and can provide the optimal temperature for even and low flare-ups. The steel construction prevents it from rusting and flaking.
7. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
Smoke Hollow guarantees their grills to be in their best quality that can last for long periods of time. No wonder they built a portable tabletop gas grill out of a stainless steel material. It allows you to enjoy outdoor grilling wherever you want to without worrying about the quality and service. And because of its stainless steel construction, it delivers heat with high retention. Grills your food perfectly and in no time!
It is designed with folding legs for easy storage and stable stand. The compact size and large front carry handle make the grill very portable and easy to move from one place to another. And for all those oils and greases, the stainless dip tray will handle it all for you.
6. Blackstone Dash Portable Grill for Outdoor Cooking, Camping and Tailgating
Do you prefer a taller stand for a gas grill for camping or tailgating? The Blackstone dash portable grill is what you need. The quick-folding legs and two-way packing system make the grill more portable and ergonomic wherever and whenever you want to take it.
It offers a 240 square-inch cooking surface with a flat griddle on one side that allows you to grill the dishes you love the most. You can fill up a lot of hungry tummies for sure! It also includes a grease management system that handles all the grease and oils from your food. This makes the portable grill much easier to use and clean.
5. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Are you looking for a portable grill that is large enough to cook a family meal? If you are, the Cuisinart CGG-180T petit gourmet tabletop gas grill might be the one for you. Just how the name explains, it is petite or compact in size but incredibly offers a large cooking surface for grilling your favorite dishes.
The stainless steel material fortifies the quality and extends its longevity. The legs are made of aluminum that stabilizes the feet and prevents it from wobbling while you’re cooking. The integrated lid lock keeps it secure when you’re all done with it. And to transport it to another place without any trouble, the briefcase-style carrying handle will let you do it so.
4. Cuisinart CGG-200B Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill
Cuisinart offers a wide range of outdoor and portable gas grills in the market. But if you’re looking for the mini size of what you have in your yard, the CGG-200B must be the one you’re after. Just like most of the large gas grills, this portable grill has folding side tables that you can use for serving the platters, seasonings, and other cooking tools.
This grill provides a cooking surface that is large enough to serve your family and friends. It features a twist-start ignition that makes it easier to light up when you’re ready to grill. And to make it even more durable, the cooking grate is pre-seasoned and made of genuine cast iron.
3. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber Q1000 portable grill is one of the heavy-duty portable grills you can find in the market. It is very versatile but quite easy to use. If you want to serve more food for a number of guests, this grill heats up quickly and delivers evenly distributed heat so you can finish up your favorite dishes perfectly and just less than an hour.
Another thing most people love about it is the cleaning. It won’t take you so long to clean it up! The cooking grates are porcelain enamel cast iron and the lid and body are made of cast aluminum. With such high-quality materials, Weber ensures to provide you a quick and enjoyable grilling experience. It is best for steaks, hotdogs, burgers, vegetables, and other quick meals you want.
2. Blackstone Portable Table Top Camp Griddle
If you’re out for camping, tailgating or just a lovely lunch or dinner with your family, Blackstone portable tabletop grill is the one you can get. It is one of the best-selling portable gas grills in the market. It features a heavy-duty and large cooking surface that you can fill in with tons of your favorite dishes to grill.
The stainless steel burner heats fast and distributes even heat that won’t definitely burn your food! It is built with an easy-to-use igniter that lights up the grill in no time. It also features a grease management dip tray that catches all the grease and oil from the food.
1. Weber 51060001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
The first in our list is the superb petite grill from Weber! The Q1200 is truly more than just a portable grill. This innovation is loaded with tons of features that make your grilling much easier, faster, and more enjoyable. It provides a large capacity for cooking. The assembly is easy, the cooking surface releases an even heat, and the precision controls allow you to adjust the heat level for direct and indirect cooking.
The cooking grates porcelain-enameled cast-iron and the body and lid are made of cast aluminum. The burner tubes are made of stainless steel. These high-grade materials guarantee you a long-lasting grill that you can use for many years to come. It sears the food beautifully and holds the heat well. And cleaning’s not a problem! It is easy to clean and store after use.
Finally, the grease management catches all the juices and grease. The drip pan is disposable so you can just toss it in the trash right after use.
If you love enjoying your Sundays and Saturdays with barbecues and hotdogs, getting a portable gas grill would be a great idea! You don’t have to get stuck at home in your backyard grilling. You can bring it wherever you’d go and give your family and friends a lovely treat with those appetizing grilled dishes!
But if you’re quite picky because of your budget or the features you want, the best of the best are the ones you need to find. That’s why we came up with this list and detailed guideline to help you find your ultimate grilling partner from the best portable grills in the market!
Should you have concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to share them with us through the comment box below!