A portable DVD player is a blessing for those who cover long distances on a regular basis. It enables them to watch their favorite movies and TV series on the go.
Imagine a road trip with your kids. How many games could you play with each other or how many songs can you sing along? Imagine the repetition of this question, ‘are we there’, from the back seat passengers?
- What to Look for in a Portable DVD Player for Car
- Best Portable DVD Players for Car in 2018
- 10- Yasolote 9″ Portable DVD Player for Kids for Car
- 9- Wide Screen 10.6 Inch 1080P Super Clear Vehicle Headrest DVD Player for Car
- 8- DR.J 14.1 inch 7 Hours Portable DVD Player
- 7- SYNAGY 10.1 inch Portable DVD Player
- 6- DBPOWER 14″ Portable DVD Player
- 5- COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player
- 4- UEME 10.1″ Portable DVD Player
- 3- DBPOWER 10.5″ Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen
- 2- Headrest DVD Player Portable DVD Headrest Monitor For Car
- 1- DBPOWER 9.5-Inch Portable DVD Player
- Related Articles:
What to Look for in a Portable DVD Player for Car
Before making any buying decision, you need to consider the following points.
- Screen size: For a car, a small screen would be enough but as it is a portable device and you could use it anywhere even in your bedroom. It would be great if you buy a medium sized DVD player.
- Battery Life: Perhaps, this is the most important factor while selecting a portable DVD player for your car. Of course, you won’t like to run out of the battery in the middle of something exciting. Would you? An ideal player would offer 3-4 hours battery life.
- Audio and Video performance: A reasonable player will offer you a handsome audio and video performance each time you tune it in. Most of the car DVD players do not play MKV files, but you can convert your files from MKV to AVI quickly
- Outputs: A good quality player delivers more outputs without getting cruel on the battery. Sometimes, you may want to connect it to your TV. It is better to buy a player that has AV input and output as well as an HDMI port to attach it to the other TVs.
- Cost: Price tag cannot be ignored. Players with a bigger screen and more features are costly and vice versa. Most of the players are available at a reasonable price so you can select your player according to your budget.
Best Portable DVD Players for Car in 2018
To make selection easier for you, we have created a list of best portable DVD players for car. We have considered everything from dimensions to price tags and beyond to give you a better buying idea.
10- Yasolote 9″ Portable DVD Player for Kids for Car
Yasolote 9” DVD player comes with a low price-tag but offers quite many features. Swivel screen provides better viewing at different angles.
It can be connected to TV with its AV input and output without any hassle. Battery juice lasts for 5 hours straight so you can enjoy almost 2 DVDs in one recharge.
9- Wide Screen 10.6 Inch 1080P Super Clear Vehicle Headrest DVD Player for Car
Featuring 10.6-inch screen with 1080p resolution, this player includes almost all of the DVDs, CD and JPEG images format.
This portable DVD player for car could be your perfect road companion especially when you are going on a road trip with family. It offers multiple viewing angles so you can adjust it according to your needs.
It also comes with 32-bits wireless games that can be played with its 2 in 1 remote controller.
8- DR.J 14.1 inch 7 Hours Portable DVD Player
For those who can compromise on specs but want high performance, this DR.J 14.1-inch player is a blessing.
Fortunately, it has 7 hours long battery life so you can enjoy two DVDs before it turns black. Moreover, it supports all popular video and audio formats.
7- SYNAGY 10.1 inch Portable DVD Player
Buying a portable DVD player is a great idea especially when you want to use it in the car and home equally.
You cannot keep all of your favorite movies on your smartphone and tablets. For this, you would need a dedicated device and SYNAGY 10.1 inch is something to go with. Good picture quality and a reasonable sound system are some key features of this DVD player.
6- DBPOWER 14″ Portable DVD Player
We made an extensive research to dig for the best DVD player that is affordable, offers more features and reliable. And our research came to an end when we found DBPOWER 14 inch portable DVD player.
Thanks to its 2800mAH battery, you can enjoy your favorite DVD for three consecutive hours. Even if the battery runs out, you can charge it with your AC adapter or a car charger.
It supports all media file formats and has a swivel screen which offers better viewing angles. It is not only a DVD player, but you can play games on it as well.
5- COOAU 11.5″ Portable DVD Player
If you are searching for a DVD player that can offer gaming on and off the roads, COOAU portable DVD player is made for you.
It not only plays movies but your kids can enjoy gaming as it comes with a free game controller. It offers multiple viewing angles with the help of its swivel screen. Moreover, it can be attached to TVs for cinema movie experience.
4- UEME 10.1″ Portable DVD Player
With a 10.1 inch TFT LCD screen, this DVD player has a screen resolution of 1024×600. It comes with built-in stereo speakers, USB port, and SD card slot. So if you are a frequent road traveler, this DVD player can keep you away from the boredom.
It supports almost all of the disc and video formats. Not only this, it also supports JPEG image file format as well. You can install it with the car headrest mount holder that comes with the deal.
3- DBPOWER 10.5″ Portable DVD Player with Swivel Screen
Offering a 5 hours screen time, this rechargeable DVD player is an excellent choice for those who want to use a car DVD player for multiple purposes.
You don’t need to stick to the same viewing angle as its 10.5-inch screen can swivel at different angles. Attach it to your TV with its built-in AV input/output and enjoy your DVD on the big screen
2- Headrest DVD Player Portable DVD Headrest Monitor For Car
Headrest DVD player is suitable for those who do frequent traveling on the roads. It comes with a USB port, HDMI and SD ports.
Ergonomic design supports all popular video formats. It can be installed on the back of front seats easily.
1- DBPOWER 9.5-Inch Portable DVD Player
With a simple yet attractive design, this player can entertain you in multiple ways. From playing DVDs to games, this is all set to make your road trip memorable.
Featuring a 9.5’’ swiveling screen, this DVD player is suitable for playing a variety of popular video formats and can also be hooked up to a large screen TV using the AV input and output. You can even connect two same players to enjoy the same movie simultaneously.
While looking for the best portable DVD player for car, it is mandatory to consider the audio and video quality of the player.
You also need to check the battery life. Battery juice is something that you can’t compromise on. All other features are accessories that you could buy with some extra bucks. A good quality DVD will offer you maximum traveling experience. And for family trips, it doubles the pleasure.
Moreover, these players offer more control over what your children are watching than tablets and smartphones. Most of the manufacturers advertise a lot of features and specifications. Above-mentioned portable DVD players are carefully selected after extensive research.
You can buy any of them with closed eyes as we have considered everything for you. All these players are pretty impressive and offer value for the money. Don’t miss out the player that suits you the best.