Ping pong or table tennis is one of the favorite tabletop games that you and your family can enjoy. Composed of two or four players, this fast-paced game becomes much more exciting and enjoyable when you’re using a sturdy and reliable ping pong paddle. With the proper sport equipment, you can enhance your speed, precision, and ping pong techniques!
As every player prefers a particular style or movement when playing ping pong, there have been a lot of ping pong paddles that vary according to the size, grip, surface, shape, and material that can accommodate their needs.
Each is customized to provide a comfortable and better performance while playing. And if you’re in search for the perfect racket for your next game, our list of the Top 10 Best Ping Pong Paddles 2019 will guide you through!
- Top 10 Best Ping Pong Paddles in 2019
- 10. Diamond Stallion High Tech Ping Pong Paddle
- 9. Custom Gambler Professional Table Tennis Paddle
- 8. Professional Ping Pong Paddle Racket Set
- 7. Killerspin JET500 Table Tennis Paddle
- 6. Sport Game Pro Ping Pong Paddle
- 5. Killerspin JetBlack Combo: Table Tennis Paddle Engineered for Ultimate Control and Precision
- 4. STIGA Evolution Table Tennis Racket
- 3. Killerspin JET200 Table Tennis Paddle
- 2. STIGA Apex Table Tennis Racket
- 1. STIGA Pro Carbon Table Tennis Racket
- How to Choose the Best Ping Pong Paddles – Buyer’s Guide
Top 10 Best Ping Pong Paddles in 2019
Are you ready for your next table tennis game? Then you’ve got to gear yourself up with a ping pong paddle that works best for you! Our top ten list uncovers the best finds and the comprehensive reviews.
10. Diamond Stallion High Tech Ping Pong Paddle
The Diamond Stallion ping pong paddles offer a reasonable weight that gives you excellent control over the ball. It is not too heavy and allows you to keep up with the other players with greater speed and control.
It is designed with an excellent 2.00mm rubber material and a speed wood with a competition level blade design. This structure lets you drive the ball with optimized speed and efficient serving and returning.
The paddle is also crafted with a 2.0mm sponge to enhance your offensive shot in the game. And the high-tech 25-layer polished handle provides an excellent and steady grip so you can deliver all your ping pong swings without any trouble. It is firm and free of any unpleasant odor. With constant use, you’ll definitely improve your ping pong techniques every time you play!
9. Custom Gambler Professional Table Tennis Paddle
Another ping pong paddle that can boost your confidence while playing the game is this professional table tennis IM7 Graphite blade paddle from Gambler. It is lightweight and easy to grip, which allows you to deliver the ball at excellent speed and enhance your spin.
This solid paddle is crafted with a hand-sealed blade with a superb finish and an exceptional combination of the Koto outer ply and the IM7 graphite fibers to give you a comfortable feeling and touch.
It is designed with a mechanical spin type rubber that enhances your spin that can be a great match against the spin of your opponent. This paddle provides you with great speed and control.
It also has this stocky sound when it hits the ball. It has a speed rating of 94, control rating of 92 and spin rating of 97. Indeed a great buy for a better performance!
8. Professional Ping Pong Paddle Racket Set
The next on our list is a professional ping pong paddle from Bandy Sports that is made of the highest quality materials that make the paddle even more reliable whenever the game is on!
It is crafted with a 7-plywood blade, a soft 2.00mm sponge, and a 1.6mm rubber for stable and superb control, speed, and overall performance.
This paddle also has an ergonomic grip that allows you to hold it with ease. The lightweight body and sturdy structure show off an innovative design that provides a comfortable grip and excellent performance!
Since it is lightweight, you can enhance your speed and keep up with your opponents in the game.
7. Killerspin JET500 Table Tennis Paddle
Intermediate to advanced ping-pong players opts for a high-quality paddle that can provide excellent performance, excellent speed, spin, and control. And if you are one of those skilled players who is training for a competition or just wants to elevate your moves, you might want to give this Killerspin JET500 a shot.
This paddle sports a thick blade at 6.7mm, which allows you to play the game with better control over the ball. It is made of complementary wood layers and slightly top-heavy feature for increased speed.
The high-tech premium rubber, on the other hand, provides excellent grip and increased spin and power, which can match your opponent’s tricky shots.
6. Sport Game Pro Ping Pong Paddle
One of the best-selling paddles you can find on the market is the Sport Game Pro that will definitely make you feel like a pro in table tennis! This quality paddle comes with a cool and innovative design that is crafted with a high-quality rubber and sponges.
Although it seems heavier and tackier compared to other entry-level paddles, it lets you drive with incredible spin and excellent control!
This paddle is designed for intermediate players and even beginners who are still working on with their ping pong skills. It is made of a 5-ply pure wood structure that offers excellent durability that you can rely on for your future games.
The handle is ergonomic and provides a steady grip to give you a comfortable feeling while you’re playing.
5. Killerspin JetBlack Combo: Table Tennis Paddle Engineered for Ultimate Control and Precision
We’ve got another entry from Killerspin that is engineered for ultimate control and precision. Definitely a great match to your opponent’s shots! This Jetblack Combo is made of sturdy and reliable rubbers and wood that provide excellent control over the ball.
These materials also enhance the paddle’s durability that you can use for long periods. It comes with the excellent thickness that can help improve your speed and control as well.
Although it is noticeably heavier than the paddles you see on the market, it can be an ideal option for offensive players who use their quick moves to take over the game. It lets you drive the game at a fantastic speed and hit the ball efficiently.
4. STIGA Evolution Table Tennis Racket
A top-notch ping pong paddle is the great way to start the game! If you’re quite competitive with table tennis, the STIGA evolution table tennis racket lets you deliver a performance like a champion. It is one of the paddles on the market that is graded with impressive performance ratings such as the spin, control, and speed.
This paddle is made of a premium rubber for better traction and more efficient hits. It is also crafted with a 2mm sponge and a 6-ply light blade.
STIGA Evolution Ping Pong racket plays fast, and the rubber delivers excellent spin that you can match against your opponent’s attacks. It is a good quality ping pong paddle that you can use every time you play.
3. Killerspin JET200 Table Tennis Paddle
Another killer ping pong weapon is this JET200 from Killerspin. Just like any Killerspin paddles, this model is made of the highest quality materials to give you a smooth drive in the game. It is made of 5-plywood for enhanced durability and a basic level of play. Hence, this paddle works well with entry levels or beginners.
This paddle comes with a blade with a flared handle to help you sharpen your skills in playing, particularly the speed and control.
So, if you want to take your table tennis skills to the next level and prep yourself for a competitive game, this one might be the best option for you. It lets you deliver precise hits and optimum speed to help you keep up with your opponents.
2. STIGA Apex Table Tennis Racket
STIGA offers an immense line of ping pong paddles that you can browse depending on the style, size, shape, and the way you play the game. This STIGA Apex is designed to deliver a performance-level table tennis skills. It provides impressive ratings for speed, control, and spin but mainly specializes in enhancing your control.
This STIGA Apex Table Tennis Racket is made of 5 layers of durable wood and extra light blade and 2mm sponge. It comes with a concave composite Italian handle that provides you with an excellent grip and comfortable feeling while delivering all your shots and hits.
So if you are a beginner and desires to improve your skills in table tennis, this STIGA paddle will help you work them out.
1. STIGA Pro Carbon Table Tennis Racket
Our topping pong paddle is also the top table tennis racket from STIGA. This Pro Carbon paddle has the highest ratings for speed, spin, and control.
With a total spin of 100, a speed at 99, and control at 80, you’ll definitely execute an incredible performance in the game and keep up with your opponent’s attacks. It is very responsive and makes sure you’ll have the efficient speed and spin you need for the game.
This table tennis racket is made of the 7-ply extra light blade, S5 rubber, and 2mm sponge. It also features a carbon technology for speed and power that enables you to elevate your skills from a beginner to an intermediate player.
And with constant use and regular practice, you can gain control, enhance your speed and spin and be a more than just a recreational player in no time.
How to Choose the Best Ping Pong Paddles – Buyer’s Guide
- GRIP: The grip depends on the way you play and how a particular ping pong paddle can boost your performance in the game. There are two standard grips to consider: shake hands grip and the pen hold grip. The names are self-explanatory which describes how a player holds the paddle. Once you determine the grip you prefer, it’ll help you decide what type of ping pong paddle you want, and you’re most comfortable with.
- MATERIAL: The quality of the paddle depends on what it is made of. According to the official rulebook for table tennis, 85% of natural wood makes a heavy-duty and quality ping pong paddle. Competition grade paddles are made of this material that provides a right amount of weight which is not too heavy and not too light. You may want to check the adhesive, the rubber, and the surface if they are properly built and of the best quality.
- PADDLE SURFACE: Beginners can opt for a plain ping pong paddle without a rubberized surface. It is cheaper and provides a quality that allows them to enhance their precision when serving and returning the ball. For those who are skilled and want to improve their ping-pong techniques, paddles that are rubberized on one side is an ideal option although some models have rubber on both sides. This promotes better traction and control over the ball. If you have more control over the ball, you’ll be able to execute the speed and movements that you want. It still depends on the quality of the rubber, though. It is best to check it for the durability and overall quality.
- SIZE, SHAPE, & STYLE: Ping pong paddles come in different shapes, sizes, and style. That’s why you won’t have to worry about finding the best paddle that suits your preference. It will all depend on your style of playing, the grip that you prefer, the size and shape that you’re comfortable with. You can also decide whether you’ll go for a paddle with rubber on one side or both sides. The sizes and weights also vary. The weight, however, is determined by the thickness of the paddle. If you want more control but lesser speed, go for the thinner paddles. Thicker paddles offer more speed but can compromise the control. Offensive players can opt for heavier paddles while defensive players can choose for the lighter ones. But, then again, it still depends on the weight that is appropriate for you.
You can always perform your desired speed, spin, and control when playing ping pong if you picked out the best paddle that suits your style, your moves, and techniques in the game.
Although there are a ton of paddles to choose from, our top ten list of ping pong paddles and their comprehensive reviews will help you find the one that can elevate your skills; from a beginner to a champion!
If you’re still on the verge of finding the ultimate ping pong paddles, you can go through our list, guidelines, and reviews to learn more about the features you should look for and the best paddles you can consider. Pick out the one that suits your style and enjoy the game!