One of the best ways to make your outdoors an enjoyable place to relax and unwind is to set up offset patio umbrellas. A nice shade over your pool, patio tables, conversation sets, garden, or deck keeps you fully protected from the scorching heat and the harmful UV rays from the sun. And because the pole lives off to one side, it covers a larger area and will take you lesser time to assemble.
Offset patio umbrellas or cantilever umbrellas have become beneficial for home and commercial use. If you still can’t find the best umbrella in the market, our Top 10 Best Offset Patio Umbrellas in 2017 Reviews will unravel all the information you need to know.
- DURABILITY: Is the build sturdy enough to withstand the intense heat, light rain, and strong wind? Will it provide the ideal shade for you and your family? Make sure that the one you’re buying will function the way it is designed. These umbrellas aren’t just an ornamental display but as an outdoor accessory that will keep you protected from the heat or any harsh weather any time of the day for the longest time possible.
- UMBRELLA SIZE: These umbrellas also have a variety of sizes. So, if you’re looking for a particular size that will be suitable for your yard, deck, or garden, you can check the details regarding the measurements or dimensions of the umbrella. It also depends on what you are planning to shield the sun from. Do you have dining tables or conversation sets in your yard or a pool you need to cover? If you can’t decide on the size, better consider this question.
- AREA SIZE: Your patio umbrella can either be too small or too big unless you determine the size of the area where you would place it. This allows you to know the accurate measurement or the size of the offset patio umbrella you should buy. Although you can just buy and set it up wherever you want to, it’s much easier if you determine where the set-up should be and what furniture, equipment, or area you’re planning to cover.
- HEIGHT: The height should be at least 9-feet tall for a stable and fuller protection. Some umbrellas can be taller than that. But if you have an ideal height in mind, you can check how the umbrella is designed. Some are engineered with extendable poles and locks that allow you to adjust the height according to your preference.
- MATERIAL: The overall quality of the patio umbrella depends on the materials used. Some are weatherproof but some can resist only the heat on sunny days. The fabric types for umbrellas are polyester, olefin, fade-resistant fiber, acrylic or solution dyed. But if you’re looking for a material that can provide superior protection against the UV rays, you should go with fade-resistant fiber. Acrylic, on the other hand, is one of the high-quality material often used for outdoor umbrellas which is durable and fade-resistant.
- BASE: The base of the patio umbrella is one of its major parts that should be thoroughly checked. It holds and keeps the umbrella in its place. It plays a vital role to prevent the whole structure from falling whenever a strong wind from a cold breeze or heavy rain tries to push it away. Extra weights are also available for purchase to secure the base.
Best Offset Patio Umbrellas in 2017
- Best Offset Patio Umbrellas in 2017
- 10. AMT Adjustable Offset Cantilever Hanging 10′ Patio Umbrella
- 9. Patio Umbrella Offset 10′ Hanging Umbrella
- 8. Cloud Mountain 10 Ft Cantilever Patio Umbrella
- 7. MYAL 9ft Offset Patio Umbrella
- 6. Grand Patio 10 FT Offset Umbrella
- 5. Ulax Furniture 10 Ft Offset Cantilever Hanging Patio Umbrella
- 4. Abba Patio Offset Cantilever Umbrella
- 3. Le Papillon 10 ft Cantilever Umbrella Outdoor Offset Patio Umbrella
- 2. Abba Patio 11-Feet Offset Cantilever Umbrella
- 1. Grand Patio Deluxe 10 FT Curvy Aluminum Offset Umbrella
- Related Articles:
10. AMT Adjustable Offset Cantilever Hanging 10′ Patio Umbrella
Summer’s not always a fun season when there is too much heat to handle. But the AMT offset cantilever will let you enjoy outdoors even on the hottest sunny days. The polyester fabric makes it resistant to high hot temperatures. It is also fade-resistant so you can keep its best quality for a long time. With an approximately 10 feet diameter, this patio umbrella can provide more shade for your outdoor furniture or equipment. And to make it even more durable, the poles and ribs are made of steel.
The assembly’s not a problem, too. AMT keeps it simple and easy with the crank system so you won’t have any trouble opening and closing the umbrella. The cross base is also sturdy enough to hold the umbrella, but the manufacturer recommends 120 pounds of paving stones or concrete weights for a more secure base.
Although it can withstand hot temperatures, it is not weatherproof. Hence, it is much better to keep the umbrella lowered during windy conditions.
9. Patio Umbrella Offset 10′ Hanging Umbrella
If you want to invest for a quality patio umbrella at an affordable price, this offset cantilever by Mr. Direct won’t hurt your budget. Although it is cheaper, the manufacturer ensures you get the superior protection against the sun. The waterproof polyester material makes it durable and reliable for light rain and hot temperatures. The aluminum poles, steel bottom frame, and steel-coated ribs fortify the whole structure and base.
This patio umbrella has an ideal height that guarantees to give you the shade and fuller protection you need under the sun. But you need to be a little careful during windy conditions. This umbrella is designed to withstand the heat but might not be well enough for light wind.
8. Cloud Mountain 10 Ft Cantilever Patio Umbrella
You can keep yourself cool under the sun in any direction you want with the Cloud Mountain offset patio umbrella. The opening angle is adjustable that allows you to maximize the shade it provides and to move it according to the direction that needs protection from the sun.
Crafted with a durable and stylish fabric, you can place it by the pool, garden, beach, or everywhere you want to. Your conversation sets and outdoor dining tables would be a relaxing and more comfortable place for endless chitchats and sumptuous lunch treats. The umbrella’s fabric is waterproof and can endure the rain and hot temperature. And if you want to keep it away after use, the crank system lets you close the umbrella without any hassle.
7. MYAL 9ft Offset Patio Umbrella
If you’re looking for an offset patio umbrella for commercial and residential use, consider the cantilever from MYAL. The height and size are ideal for certain locations such as the beach, terraces, lawn, garden, backyard, deck, and any outdoor places that would be suitable for this umbrella. Not does it only complement your exterior, but it also provides you an adequate shade under the intense heat from the sun.
Because the umbrella’s fabric is waterproof and UV resistant, it can withstand the harsh heat and light rain. If the wind’s not too friendly, it works well as long as heavy stone or weights are added to the base. It secures the base and keeps the umbrella in place. The assembly is also hassle-free! So, if you want to set it up or put it away after use, you can do so in no time.
6. Grand Patio 10 FT Offset Umbrella
The next in our list is also one of the affordable patio umbrellas you can find. Especially, when you’re planning to provide a shade on an outdoor dining table with 6 chairs, this one from Grand Patio will surely fit. The crank mechanism makes it much easier for you to open and close it. The assembly’s no trouble!
It is 10-feet tall and structured with an aluminum pole, rust-free cantilever, and eight heavy-duty ribs for a stable and durable support for the umbrella. The fabric is weather-resistant and fade-resistant so you won’t have to worry whether it will rain or it will go extremely hot during summer. It is designed to protect you and your family from the harmful UV rays while keeping you cool under the shade.
5. Ulax Furniture 10 Ft Offset Cantilever Hanging Patio Umbrella
Fancy an offset patio umbrella for a stormy weather? The Ulax patio umbrella is probably one of the sturdiest you can find in the market. The poles are made of heavy-duty steel and eight steel ribs that support the umbrella. The fabric, on the other hand, is a high-grade fade-resistant and waterproof polyester which ensures you a great quality that will last for a long time. No wonder a lot of consumers commended the patio’s excellent ability to withstand tough and harsh weathers – whether there’s rain, heat, and wind.
All the parts are fortified with top-notch material. The hanging part is made of aluminum to provide better stability and stronger structure. The cross base makes a good support for the umbrella. Much better if it has weights or heavy stones added to it. It will secure and prevent the umbrella from falling.
Done and want to keep it for storage? Don’t worry. The crank system allows you to conveniently close and opens the umbrella.
4. Abba Patio Offset Cantilever Umbrella
A dual wind vent provides better airflow and stability. With such advantage, Abba equipped their patio offset umbrella with a dual wind vent. In addition to this feature, the fabric is a fade-resistant polyester which is one of the common materials used for an outdoor umbrella. And because it has 98% UV protection, not only does it give you ample shade but also protection from the harsh rays of the sun.
The beige color keeps the umbrella elegant and simple that complements to your exterior and decorative display outdoors. Abba also strengthens the quality of the poles and the eight ribs with a bronze steel coat to prevent them from chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. The base retains the stability, but much better if weights are added.
3. Le Papillon 10 ft Cantilever Umbrella Outdoor Offset Patio Umbrella
Do you need a larger shade that you can enjoy all day? The Le Papillion is tall enough to provide larger and better shade under the summer heat! Tagged with a reasonable price, you’ll get a durable and weather-resistant outdoor umbrella that are engineered with rust-free and high-quality poles. The eight ribs along the umbrella are all rust-resistant and sturdy enough to stabilize the structure.
This 10-feet cantilever umbrella has a hassle-free mechanism that enables you to open and close the umbrella easily. The Easy Open Lift system allows you to extend the umbrella in one motion. And with just one simple slide, you can adjust the angle according to your preference or where you want to direct the shade.
2. Abba Patio 11-Feet Offset Cantilever Umbrella
This next patio umbrella is also from Abba that is taller from the previous one in our list. Extended by two feet, this 11-feet umbrella covers a larger scope of area. It can cover larger dining or conversations sets, pool or spa areas, deck, garden, or in any place you desire to. This umbrella is versatile and can be very beneficial both for commercial and residential use.
The fabric used is fade-resistant that maintains the color despite the constant change of weather. It can endure the light rain, the wind, and the strong heat temperatures. And to keep the structure stable and solid, the poles are made of aluminum with a cross base. Another impressive feature is it can offer multiple tilts so you can stay cool in any angle you want!
1. Grand Patio Deluxe 10 FT Curvy Aluminum Offset Umbrella
The Grand Patio deluxe truly deserves the first spot in our list! You’ll notice at a first glance how the poles are formed and crafted. The banana style curve maximizes its ability to provide sufficient shade. It covers a larger area and big enough for dining tables with 4 to 6 chairs. So, you can place it by the pool, your outdoor furniture, and other equipment you think needs some shade.
The wind is not always friendly but the Grand Patio offset umbrella promises to give you a stable, firm, and durable protection even during windy days. The sun’s heat won’t also be a problem. Light rain won’t be, too! The fabric is double-coated, water-resistant, fade-resistant, and UV protective. So, what else can you ask for? The Grand Patio is probably the most durable you can find among all the other available offset patio umbrellas in the market. You may invest more than your budget, but it is definitely worth the price.
Choosing the offset patio umbrella for your yard is not as tough as it seems. Just like the list mentioned above, there are a lot of options to check out when it comes to style, shape, and size. As striking as the design can be, quality should always be your priority when picking out an offset patio umbrella.
You can list down the ones that will fit closest to your standards and compare the features and prices. And with great consideration of the durability, height, base, shape, material, and the area size, you’ll certainly find the one the best suits your taste and needs.