Honey extractors, as the name implies, are simple machines that are used for extracting honey from a honeycomb. The most significant benefit of owning such a unit is that a honey extractor allows us to extract honey without damaging the honeycomb.
Such a feature has made this machine a must-have for bee farmers. You should know that there are two types of honey extractors.
Tangential extractors have one side of a comb, facing outward. The Radial extractor has the top bar of its frame facing outward. Commercial companies use radial extractors. They work by applying centrifugal force.
- Top 10 Best Honey Extractors in 2018
- 10. FoodKing Electric Honey Extractor
- 9. Goodland Bee Supply Stainless Steel 2 Frame Honey Extractor
- 8. Goplus Stainless Steel 4/8 Frame Large Honey Extractor
- 7. Mann Lake HH130 2-Frame Plastic Extractor
- 6. Mann Lake HH160 Stainless Steel Extractor
- 5. VIVO Four 4 to Eight 8 Frame Stainless Steel Bee Honey Extractor
- 4. Orange A Honey Extractor Bee Honey Extractor
- 3. XtremePower 2-Frame Uncapping Knife Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- 2. Hardin Royal 2 Electric Two Frames Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- 1. Goplus Large 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor Beekeeping
- How to Use a Honey Extractor?
- Cleaning a Honey Extractor
- Honey Extractor Buyer’s guide
- Related Articles:
Top 10 Best Honey Extractors in 2018
Here is a list of top ten honey extractors of 2018 that you can go for.
10. FoodKing Electric Honey Extractor
The FoodKing honey extractor makes honey extracting easy for you. It has been designed to make extracting honey for professionals as well as beginners. It is made of food grade stainless steel and is a 4 frame electric honey extractor.
9. Goodland Bee Supply Stainless Steel 2 Frame Honey Extractor
Are you interested in the Goodland Honey Extractor? If yes, then it means that you’ll be investing in 16-gauge stainless steel tanks which also featured sealed bearing and gears of steel. This Goodland Honey Extractor is a very durable two frame extractor. It is food grade and thus can be used by professionals. It also includes a decapping roller and a double honey sieve.
8. Goplus Stainless Steel 4/8 Frame Large Honey Extractor
Want another perfect manual honey extractor as a selection? This Goplus is one of the top honey extractors in the market right now. The GoPlus honey extractor is made of high-grade stainless steel. This honey extractor consists of 4 frames. Its steel is flexible which allows you to extract honey easily.
7. Mann Lake HH130 2-Frame Plastic Extractor
If you are a beginner beekeeper, then going for this extractor can be a right choice for you. This two-frame extractor is made of heavy food grade plastic material. The honey gate and lid is also made of plastic. The durable and strong handle is made of steel and plastic. Furthermore, the handle is rotatable in different directions. It extracts two frames at a time and that too of any size.
6. Mann Lake HH160 Stainless Steel Extractor
It is made of 26 gauge stainless steel material. This machine is a 6/3 hand crank honey extractor. It can easily hold a total of 6 shallow, 3 deep and 3 medium frames. Furthermore, it is a perfect honey extractor for people who love manual machines.
5. VIVO Four 4 to Eight 8 Frame Stainless Steel Bee Honey Extractor
VIVO four is one of the topmost honey extractors available in the market. It not only saves your time but your energy as well. Durability is increased in this extractor due to the stainless steel make. Its two top side lids keep debris out while the honey is draining. This machine is great to use for deep, shallow and medium frames.
4. Orange A Honey Extractor Bee Honey Extractor
This 3-frame electric honey extractor is made of stainless steel. It allows its user to observe the extraction process with its glass lids. Furthermore, it is perfect electronic honey extractor for people who want good results. It consists of a motor that offers variations in speed.
3. XtremePower 2-Frame Uncapping Knife Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
The XtremePower two frame honey extractor is an affordable and reliable choice for you to opt for. It is made of stainless steel which is also resistant to rust. The overall build is sturdy, and it is sure to last you a while. Furthermore, it can easily fit shallow, deep, and medium frames.
2. Hardin Royal 2 Electric Two Frames Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
This honey extractor with 110 volts of ‘variable-speed-offering’ motor comes in at number two on the list. It is also made of stainless steel, allowing for better durability. The top glass is clear for easy viewing.
1. Goplus Large 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor Beekeeping
Goplus secures its place on the top of this best honey extractor list. This is a two frame honey extractor. This honey extractor has a stainless steel finish. It contains two lids to keep the debris out of the extracted honey. It is an easy-to-use manual honey extractor, perfect for beginners.
Cleaning a Honey Extractor
After extracting honey, you must clean the extractor if you want to use it again. You should begin with leveling the extractor. Close its honey gate and fill it up with cold water and leave overnight.
Empty out the water the next morning and then rinse with cold water. Now clean the extractor with a dry towel. You can also dry it with a hair dryer if you prefer.
This concludes the top ten best honey extractors in 2018 list. After going over what every unit has to offer, you can choose according to your choice. Make sure to keep the Buyer’s Guide in mind when deciding which extractor to purchase finally.