Honey extractors, as the name implies, are simple machines that are used for extracting honey from a honey comb. The biggest benefit of owning such a unit is that a honey extractor allows us to extract honey without damaging the honeycomb.
Such a feature has made this machine a must-have for bee farmers. You should know that there are two types of honey extractors.
Tangential extractors have one side of a comb, facing outward. The Radial extractor has the top bar of its frame facing outward. Commercial companies use radial extractors. They work by applying centrifugal force.
- Best Honey Extractors in 2017
- 10. FoodKing Electric Honey Extractor
- 9. Goodland Bee Supply Stainless Steel 2 Frame Honey Extractor
- 8. Goplus Stainless Steel 4/8 Frame Large Honey Extractor
- 7. Mann Lake HH130 2-Frame Plastic Extractor
- 6. Mann Lake HH160 Stainless Steel Extractor
- 5. VIVO Four 4 to Eight 8 Frame Stainless Steel Bee Honey Extractor
- 4. Orange A Honey Extractor Bee Honey Extractor
- 3. XtremePower 2-Frame Uncapping Knife Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- 2. Hardin Royal 2 Electric Two Frames Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
- 1. Goplus Large 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor Beekeeping
- How to Use a Honey Extractor?
- Cleaning a Honey Extractor
- Honey Extractor Buyer’s guide
Best Honey Extractors in 2017
Here is a list of top ten honey extractors of 2017 that you can go for.
10. FoodKing Electric Honey Extractor
The FoodKing honey extractor makes honey extracting easy for you. It has been designed to make extracting honey for professionals as well as beginners. It is made of food grade stainless steel and is a 4 frame electric honey extractor.
Why this extractor was picked:
- Has been made from High Food Grade Stainless Steel.
- Durable build ensures longevity.
- The drum comes in at being 24-inches tall and around 20-inches in diameter.
- The total height, when the stand is included, is 34-inches.
- A featured motor isn’t noisy and works efficiently.
- Drained honey is kept clean due to two clear Plexiglas top lids.
- Inbuild unique mesh prevents honeycombs from breaking.
Some shortcomings to keep in mind:
- Bushings in the shaft can come loose easily.
9. Goodland Bee Supply Stainless Steel 2 Frame Honey Extractor
Are you interested in the Goodland Honey Extractor? If yes, then it means that you’ll be investing in 16-gauge stainless steel tanks which also featured sealed bearing and gears of steel. This is a very durable two frame extractor. It is food grade and thus can be used by professionals. It also includes a decapping roller and a honey double sieve.
Why it was added to the list:
- The durable stainless steel body offers great value for the price.
- Comes with a food grade sieve and decapping roller.
- Is able to extract honey from two shallow, medium or deep frames.
- Has a 3-piece leg to make offloading honey easier.
An issue to address:
- Being a manual honey extractor means you’ll have to put in an effort.
8. Goplus Stainless Steel 4/8 Frame Large Honey Extractor
Want another perfect manual honey extractor as a selection? This is one of the top honey extractors in the market right now. The GoPlus honey extractor is made of high-grade stainless steel. This honey extractor consists of 4 frames. Its steel is flexible which allows you to extract honey easily.
This that helped in its selection:
- This is an efficient honey extractor you can go for at an affordable price.
- The stainless steel make allows it to be durable.
- It easily fits on any type of frame, adding to the overall convenience of this machine.
- You can also easily clean it after use.
An issue to know about:
- This is a manual honey extractor so a bit of effort from your side is required.
7. Mann Lake HH130 2-Frame Plastic Extractor
If you are a beginner bee keeper, then going for this extractor can be a right choice for you. This two frame extractor is made of heavy food grade plastic material. The honey gate and lid is also made of plastic. The durable and strong handle is made of steel and plastic. Furthermore, the handle is rotatable in different directions. It extracts two frames at a time and that too of any size.
Things that helped select it
- This is an easy-to-use plastic honey extractor.
- The rotatable strong handle is made of stainless steel.
- It is perfect for extracting honey from two frames at a time.
- Assembling it also doesn’t take too long.
- This honey extractor is a good choice for people who are just beginning to extract honey.
Things to be mindful of
- It may end up getting unbalanced after spinning 20 times continuously.
6. Mann Lake HH160 Stainless Steel Extractor
It is made of 26 gauge stainless steel material. This machine is a 6/3 hand crank honey extractor. It can easily hold a total of 6 shallow, 3 deep and 3 medium frames. Furthermore, it is a perfect honey extractor for people who love manual machines.
Why it was added to the list:
- This is an easy-to-use manual machine for extracting honey.
- The stainless steel body offers impressive durability.
- It can extract honey from a lot of frames together.
- The spinner works great for a manual machine.
- This machine is a tangential honey extractor.
A few shortcomings:
- Not suitable for people who don’t like manual machines.
- The design might not be for everyone.
5. VIVO Four 4 to Eight 8 Frame Stainless Steel Bee Honey Extractor
VIVO four is one of the top most honey extractors available in the market. It not only saves your time but your energy as well. Durability is increased in this extractor due to the stainless steel make. Its two top side lids keep debris out while the honey is draining. This machine is great to use for deep, shallow and medium frames.
Why it was selected:
- This honey extractor is made of a stainless steel body.
- The overall height is 41.5-inches with a stand.
- This machine is able to hold up to 8 frames at a time.
- It also features a clear glass lid for easy viewing during extraction.
A few shortcomings to be addressed:
- This honey extractor might not be able to maintain proper balance after a few spins.
- The overall price can be a bit expensive for some.
4. Orange A Honey Extractor Bee Honey Extractor
This 3-frame electric honey extractor is made of stainless steel. It allows its user to observe the extraction process with its glass lids. Furthermore, it is perfect electronic honey extractor for people who want good results. It consists of a motor that offers variations in speed.
Why was it added to the list:
- This honey extractor is easy to use and assemble.
- This machine is also easy to clean once the extraction process is complete.
- The stainless steel make allows this machine to be durable.
- The Glass lids allow you to watch whole honey extracting process.
- There is also an efficient motor that offers variable speeds.
Some weaknesses to be aware of
- The motor might be too noisy for some.
- The sturdiness isn’t the best compared to other models.
3. XtremePower 2-Frame Uncapping Knife Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
The XtremePower two frame honey extractor is an affordable and reliable choice for you to opt for. It is made of stainless steel which is also resistant to rust. The overall build is sturdy and it is sure to last you a while. Furthermore, it can easily fit shallow, deep, and medium frames.
Why it made the list:
- The stainless steel body increases the durability of this extractor.
- This extractor is easy to use.
- Provides you with an uncapping knife.
- Offers an approximate 50kg in capacity.
Some issues to know about
- Doesn’t come with legs.
2. Hardin Royal 2 Electric Two Frames Stainless Steel Honey Extractor
This honey extractor with 110 volts of ‘variable-speed-offering’ motor comes in at number two on the list. It is also made of stainless steel, allowing for better durability. The top glass is clear for easy viewing.
Things that helped add it to the list:
- Unloading due to the featured legs is easy.
- It also has clear lids for easy viewing.
- The stainless steel construction of this extractor makes it durable.
- The 110-volt motor offers a high-quality honey extracting process.
- It is an efficient two frame honey extractor.
Issues to be aware of:
- The small ball bearing at the bottom may become loose easily.
- The legs might be a bit too short for some.
1. Goplus Large 2 Frame Stainless Steel Honey Extractor Beekeeping
Goplus secures its place on the top of this best honey extractor list. This is a two frame honey extractor. This honey extractor has a stainless steel finish. It contains two lids to keep the debris out of the extracted honey. It is an easy-to-use manual honey extractor, perfect for beginners.
Why it was added to the top of this list:
- This honey extractor is easy to assemble and use.
- You can also easily clean this manual extractor.
- It features a stainless steel finish.
- There are two lids that help keep the honey free of debris.
An issue to address:
- Due to it being a manual honey extractor, you’ll need to make an effort.
After extracting honey, you must clean the extractor if you want to use it again. You should begin with leveling the extractor. Close its honey gate and fill it up with cold water and leave overnight.
Empty out the water the next morning and then rinse with cold water. Now clean the extractor with a dry towel. You can also dry it with a hair dryer if you prefer.
This concludes the top ten best honey extractors in 2017 list. After going over what every unit has to offer, you can choose according to your choice. Make sure to keep the Buyer’s Guide in mind when deciding which extractor to finally purchase.