Due to the increased number of car theft and other vehicular accidents, GPS trackers have become in demand. A lot of motorists opted for GPS trackers to keep an eye on their vehicles and prevent such unfortunate events.
This vehicle gadget has also been a practical option for parents who want to track their teens or whoever is driving the vehicle to make sure they are safe.
As the marketplace offers an overwhelming number of GPS trackers, finding the most suitable for your vehicle might be a tough one.
The user-friendly interface, easy installation, tracking accuracy and ease of use are the primary features you have to check thoroughly. But to narrow down your options with only the best GPS trackers, we’ve listed the Top 10 GPS Trackers for Car in 2018.
- List of the Top 10 Best GPS Trackers for Car in 2018
- 10. Anysun Vehicle Car GPS Tracker Tk103b with Remote Control
- 9. TrackmateGPS Mini 3G H Real-Time Hard Wired GPS Tracker for Vehicles
- 8. Accutracking VTPlug TK373 3G Real-Time Online GPS OBD II Vehicle Tracker
- 7. Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker GPS/GSM Tracking Real-time Locator for Cars
- 6. AMERICALOC GL300W Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker. XW Series
- 5. Linxup OBD GPS Tracker with Real-Time 3G GPS Tracking, Car Tracking Device and Car Locator
- 4. MasTrack MT-OBD Live GPS Vehicle Tracker with Engine Diagnostics
- 3. GPS Tracker Vyncs No Monthly Fee OBD, Real Time 3G Car GPS Tracking
- 2. MOTOsafety OBD GPS Tracker Device with 3G GPS Service Locator
- 1. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real Time Personal and Vehicle GPS Tracker
- How to Choose the Best GPS Tracker for Car
List of the Top 10 Best GPS Trackers for Car in 2018
Our top 10 list uncovers the best-selling GPS trackers to help you find the most suitable device for your car. Keep reading!
10. Anysun Vehicle Car GPS Tracker Tk103b with Remote Control
A lot of users find the Anysun GPS tracker very reliable for tracking their vehicles. Some have purchased this device for their business to track their delivery vehicles. It comes handy as it functions remarkably with the over speed alerts, SOS button, and movement alerts.
It will notify you when the vehicle has stopped or moved. As it is supported by Geo fence, it can provide real-time speed, time, longitude and latitude.
Since it is integrated with an app and with your phone, you can receive notifications and alarms about the performance of your car or any vehicle.
This device can also provide you details for hidden number tracking, sensor alarm, door alarm, and ACC alarm. And because it has an over speed alarm, it’ll help you keep your speed within the limit.
9. TrackmateGPS Mini 3G H Real-Time Hard Wired GPS Tracker for Vehicles
To prevent car theft or you just want to keep track of your car, you may want to try this GPS tracker from Trackmate. Apart from its portable and compact size, it comes with the necessary features that you need for a tracker. So, if you prefer a simple interface without all the other additional features, this might be a good option for you.
TrackmateGPS tracker includes all the tools and accessories you need for the installation. Hence, setting it up in your vehicle is hassle-free. The interface is simple and user-friendly that enables you to activate the device easily. It also features online diagnostics and reporting of service issues, so you’ll be notified about your car’s performance.
8. Accutracking VTPlug TK373 3G Real-Time Online GPS OBD II Vehicle Tracker
Another best-seller on our list is from Accutracking. A great number of users have found this tracker very useful and convenient to track the location of their vehicles. It has also been practical assistance for those parents who want to keep an eye on their children or teenage drivers whenever they use the car.
These devices are engineered with a real-time online tracking with traffic, online car diagnostics, engine RPM, temperature, mileage, battery, trouble code, power load; all the essential details of your car that you need to know.
You can integrate this device with your mobile phone and get notified by your car’s performance and location. It can send you messages or alerts via email or SMS. There are a lot of features that can send you notifications, but you can configure the alert time anytime. It gives you a comprehensive report and statistics that you can access in your account.
7. Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker GPS/GSM Tracking Real-time Locator for Cars
This portable vehicle tracker from Vectu features a real-time tracking program that provides you detailed information about the location of your vehicle, the performance, movements, and other service issues. Since the activation is free, you can use it right away!
The impressive feature of this tracker is the capability to track the vehicle across countries or wherever you are in the world as long as you have the smartphone app and you’re connected to GSM or any cellular reception.
To inform you about the performance of your vehicles such as over speeding, battery alert, Geofence, and power, this GPS tracker will send you alerts via email, SMS, and in-app notifications. It features a simple and user-friendly interface that you can enjoy using without any trouble.
6. AMERICALOC GL300W Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker. XW Series
Although most GPS trackers are compact, if you prefer a much smaller type, you can go with the Americaloc GPS tracker. It is probably one of the simplest interfaces you can find, especially if you prefer more practical and easier program.
The most impressive feature of this GPS tracker is its long battery life. A lot of users also commended the long- life battery that allows them to use the tracker for days and up to two weeks though it still depends on the hours of driving.
It provides a comprehensive report about your vehicle: the speed, time, movement, and any other details that you need to know about when tracking your car. To let you know about the issues and performance, this tracker is integrated with your mobile phone and sends notifications and alerts.
5. Linxup OBD GPS Tracker with Real-Time 3G GPS Tracking, Car Tracking Device and Car Locator
Shipping business require GPS tracking to make sure the deliveries are sent and received on time. And if you’re an entrepreneur who’s engaged in this kind of business, you need a reliable GPS tracking device to keep all your vehicles on track. This Linxup GPS tracker might be the business tracking partner as it is designed for such function.
If you’re in the US, this tracker enhances the fleet performance by locating your vehicles with the GPS technology. Its accurate and reliable tracking and optimization of driver’s routes improve the delivery service. It monitors the vehicle’s performance whether it is safe to use or not.
To notify you of the details, statistics, and other important info about your vehicle, it sends alerts to your mobile phone. It provides detailed reporting and a track scheduled maintenance to help you maintain your vehicle in its best condition. It’s easy to install and use.
4. MasTrack MT-OBD Live GPS Vehicle Tracker with Engine Diagnostics
Taking the 4th spot is the MasTrack GPS tracker that you can rely on for roadside trips, fleet businesses, and for monitoring your teen drivers wherever they go. It features a small GPS tracking device that you can just plug directly into the OBD part of your vehicle. It is effortless to install without any wiring or tools needed.
Once you’ve plugged the device, you’re set to go! It will start running and record the performance of your vehicle; when it is turned on and off and other reports based on the service plan you’ve opted for. Integrate
this tracker on your smartphones and other devices that enable web services, and you’ll see the complete details of the route history and live tracking. You can view your trips anytime!
3. GPS Tracker Vyncs No Monthly Fee OBD, Real Time 3G Car GPS Tracking
Vyncs GPS tracker is one of the favorites on the market that a lot of motorists buy for their vehicles. It is integrated with web account and an app for IOS and Android phones. It provides real-time tracking with the
GPS technology that supports 2G and 3G.
It sends updates and alerts when the car ignition turns on and off. It also has complete reports and details regarding the maintenance, recall, fuel level, fuel economy, and curfew hours if upgraded. You can receive
these notifications through email or SMS depending on the configuration you make.
The speed, acceleration, route history, and other movements of your car are recorded and sent to you as notifications for your reference. If ever you’re on your way for a trip with your family or your business fleet is
on the road, this tracker also provides roadside assistance for much safer driving.
2. MOTOsafety OBD GPS Tracker Device with 3G GPS Service Locator
If you’re looking for a reliable assistance to track your teen drivers while out on the road, you can consider this GPS tracking device from MOTOsafety. It is programmed with tracking features that are very useful for tracking the car whether your teen or someone else is using it. It prevents car theft and other potential road accidents.
Some of the programs you’ll find useful in this tracker are the daily report card that summarizes your teen’s driving performance. There’s also a route replay where you can view the route history, the entire driving performance and if an accident or unsafe driving occurred.
This GPS tracker is engineered with the Geofence system so you’ll know the locations where the car has been to. It can function as a driving coach or just simply a tracker to know where your vehicle is. It sends you real-time alerts and notifications via email or SMS.
Whether you’re using it to help your teen drive, assist senior drivers, track your vehicles for business, or just keep an eye on your car wherever it is to prevent car theft and accidents, this tracker has the features you need.
1. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real Time Personal and Vehicle GPS Tracker
If you want to start off with one of the most purchased and popular tracking devices on the market, you can consider this GPS tracker from Spy Tec. This portable and compact device is applicable on all types of situations: if you need to track your teen drivers, your children when they get home from school, or your senior parent who may have Alzheimer’s and you want to make sure that he’s safe all the time.
When using it in a vehicle, you don’t need any wiring or tools to install. You can just place it in your car, and you’re all set! It can also be a reliable tracker when you need to keep track of your vehicles for business. This GPS tracker may not have as many features as the other trackers on our list, but it has all the basics you need for accurate and reliable tracking.
The battery also has a long life that allows you to use for up to two weeks. And if you need to get notified, it will send you alerts and notifications via email or SMS. The real-time tracking is viewable over the internet.
How to Choose the Best GPS Tracker for Car
1. INSTALLATION: The best GPS tracker should be easy to install. A lot of units are installed less than a minute and even in a matter of seconds. This allows you to use the tracker as soon as possible and save you more time. Some devices or units are just easily plugged into the OBDII port or under the dash of the vehicle. Though it still depends on the year model of the car, it shouldn’t take so much to install it.
2. EASE OF USE: These portable and intelligent tracking devices are engineered with programs that enable you to track your vehicle effortlessly. Although every brand varies from one another, the basic program for these devices is easy to comprehend and not complicated. If you’re not too familiar with such devices, perhaps it’s your first time to use it, or not very techy, opt for the GPS tracker that is has a user-friendly interface; it should be easy to use.
3. TRACKING PERFORMANCE: Every tracker showcases different kinds of features that provide accurate and superior tracking performance. This may include real-time tracking, device integration, notifications and alerts, and route history. Some units have more features other than those that make the device reliable. As these devices may vary according to the brand, they are programmed to notify you with alerts when it comes to speeding, idling, and any other movements you want to track.
4. OTHER FEATURES: Some GPS trackers have additional features that make them work more than just a tracker. Such devices have also been programmed to coach amateur drivers and assist the parents in tracking their teen drivers for much safer driving. Some feature route history, daily reports, curfew hours settings, comprehensive location details, and a lot more. With a touch of modern technology, some of these GPS trackers are now integrated with an app that allows you to view and keep the records on your smartphone or tablet.
GPS tracking devices are one of the innovative modern gadgets you can use to track your vehicles when they are out on the road for family or business use. With all the tracking programs, maintenance services, comprehensive driving reports, and other details you need to know about your car, it’ll give you relief and peace of mind.
The GPS trackers for car listed above are the best-sellers you can find on the market. You can compare the specifications and reviews so you can decide on what device you should get. If you have any concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to shoot us a message!