X-trainer, cross-trainer or an elliptical machine can be defined as a fixed training machine that helps in developing muscles used for various acts such as mounting stairs, walking, running or jogging and other similar activities. The aim of an elliptical machine is to aid in the smooth flow of these acts without causing any harm or pain to your joints which also minimizes the risks of an impact injury.
Elliptical machines are said to provide the user with either light or heavy cardiovascular exercises which also further helps in developing a person’s upper and lower body. The “rear-drive,” “front-drive” and “center-drive” are three major types of elliptical machines; traditional, second generation and the latest.
Do you want to purchase an elliptical machine?
If so, have a look at the buyer’s guide in this article, allowing you to make an informed decision. After that, we’ll move on to our list of the Top 10 Best Elliptical Machines and their review.
- The 10 Best Elliptical Machines You Can Purchase in 2020
- 10. Compact Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
- 9. NordicTrack E 7.0 Z Elliptical Trainer
- 8. Plasma Fit Elliptical Machine
- 7. Cubii Under Desk Elliptical, Bluetooth Enabled
- 6. Elliptical Trainer with Pulse Monitoring System by Sunny Health & Fitness
- 5. Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Bike
- 4. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- 3. jfit Under Desk & Stand Up Mini Elliptical/Stepper
- 2. Gazelle Edge
- 1. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
- What to Look for in Elliptical Machines – Buyer’s Guide
The 10 Best Elliptical Machines You Can Purchase in 2020
Last update on 2020-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Compact Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
With an 11-inch stride length, this compact elliptical machine makes a perfect fit for tight places. This machine has front wheels, thus making it portable to use. You only have to tilt the machine and move it anywhere that you like.
The manufacturers of this machine have designed it in such a way that it provides the trainer with a smooth and quiet workout session. You don’t experience any strain or pressure on your joints or muscles when training using this machine.
This trainer also supports an LCD that monitors and keeps track of all your body statistics including time taken during a session, distance run, calories burned and your heart rate and pulse readings.
Moreover, this machine also features a slot that allows you to connect to your smartphone or tablet. Also, this machine can take on weights of up to 220 pounds and provides a total body workout.
9. NordicTrack E 7.0 Z Elliptical Trainer
This elliptical machine already comes pre-loaded with twenty different workout sessions which are designed by a certified professional trainer. Thus, this feature allows you to have a professional experience and training session within the comfort of your own home. When training using the pre-installed workout sessions, the app will automatically adjust the resistance and intensity levels according to your need.
Quads, calves, and gluts can be defined by adjusting your elliptical machine ramp between 0 to 20 degrees. Also, its adjustable stride allows multiple users to carry out walking or running sessions according to each individual’s preference. With this elliptical machine, you also get the option of working 20 different resistance levels, and its 15-pound flywheel makes it a smooth training experience.
8. Plasma Fit Elliptical Machine
Be it your arms, legs, abdominal muscles or glutes; this elliptical machine is the perfect exercise partner for you. It has a low-impact but a high cardiovascular cross-training system that allows you to work on developing numerous body parts. With an 11-inch foot stride and 21 inches being allotted to arm extension, this elliptical machine has a compact size, thus also not taking up too much space.
This elliptical machine has a wide base and is manufactured using the highest quality of steel, adding to the elliptical machine’s durability and stability. The elliptical machine features 13.5-inch long and 6-inch wide foot pedals with comfortable handrail grips bars allowing you an efficient yet comfortable training experience.
Its customizable features including an adjustable tension knob that allow multiple users to benefit from the elliptical machine as this feature allows you to set different training intensity and resistance levels. Its LCD monitor has built-in heart and pulse rate sensors, a record of calories burnt and the duration taken to run a certain distance.
7. Cubii Under Desk Elliptical, Bluetooth Enabled
This machine comes with all its part as well as a user manual for you to follow and set up this machine. This is a product that’s sure to give you an awesome workout if used properly. It comes in two colors and supports Bluetooth function as well.
It can also be synced with various health apps allowing you to keep track of your body stats. This elliptical machine can be used anywhere because of its compact design. The overall design is quite appealing. The build is strong and sturdy, meaning this machine will last you long.
6. Elliptical Trainer with Pulse Monitoring System by Sunny Health & Fitness
This elliptical machine can bear weights of up to 220 pounds. On this aspect, this elliptical machine is a shortcoming if compared to the other elliptical machine present in this list of the top ten best elliptical machines in 2020. However, this elliptical machine’s other features are such that this difference of a mere 30 pounds of weight capacity can easily be overlooked.
The LED in this elliptical machine has a scanner, keeps a record of the time taken and the distance run as well as the number of calories burned during a particular workout. Apart from such functions, this elliptical machine features a micro-tension controller to provide the user with a smooth exercise flow during a training session while at the same time keeping track of your pulse and heart rate. Also, its anti-slip platforms allow you to adjust the intensity levels during a workout session by simply twisting a knob.
5. Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Bike
This elliptical machine by Body Rider features a 2-in-1 design. Body Rider Elliptical Trainer and Bike can either be simply used as an elliptical trainer or as an exercise bicycle. This elliptical machine also comes with a high-speed flywheel system that allows the user of this elliptical machine to enjoy a smooth training session without putting pressure on your joints.
This elliptical machine can take a maximum weight of 250 pounds, thus further emphasizing on its sturdiness and durability. Moreover, this elliptical machine also allows you to customize its functions according to your own need.
The seat can be adjusted either vertically or horizontally, and the adjustable knob also allows for minimal pressure on your joints by providing you with different intensity levels. Moreover, this elliptical machine has an electronic console that keeps a record of calories burned, time is taken and distance run.
4. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
This elliptical machine by Schwinn is one of a kind. It comes with a USB port that allows you to send and receive files easily, allowing you to keep track of your health data. This machine also supports a built-in dual LCD which in turn allows this machine to display up to 13 different feedbacks related to that individual’s training session.
The Schwinn Connect Goal Tracking and data export allow you to monitor your current body stats while at the same time this software also keeps you updated on your performance levels. With 20 different levels of resistance and 22 different programs, this machine is a true fitness companion for you. It also features a perimeter weighted flywheel that provides a smooth, stable and durable workout session.
3. jfit Under Desk & Stand Up Mini Elliptical/Stepper
Under the desk or a stand-up training session, whatever your requirement is, this elliptical machine has got you covered. With its unique design and adjustable pedals, this machine allows its users to train using any one of the methods mentioned above.
This machine’s top handle and front handle provide additional support and stability during an exercise session. Also, the front handle allows you to drive this compact machine anywhere.
The company also claims on added durability on this machine because of its unique design. With every 2-in-1 machine, the company also gives a Series 1050 monitor that keeps track of all your bodily stats including pulse, time, distance and such.
This machine also lets you adjust the difficulty level according to your own need. Be it a run or a brisk walk session, set the adjustments accordingly.
2. Gazelle Edge
This machine is perfect for cardiovascular exercise. You can easily go from a slow walk to a fast-run without any stops thus eliminating impact injuries. The LED tracks your body stats easily while keeping you up-to-date. This machine is stable and doesn’t make you slip because of its wide, non-skid pedals.
It has a durable steel frame which allows the machine to bear a weight of up to 250 pounds. It is a perfect user-friendly machine. The high-density structure provides low-impact, thus not putting any kind of pressure on your joint muscles. Further, this also adds to the enhancement of the trainer’s fitness program.
1. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
Protect your back, knees, and hips with this low-impact machine. The LCD keeps track of all your body stats including time, duration and pulse rate. This trainer is manufactured using the finest quality steel that provides a durable frame and its non-slip pedals further eliminate any injury from sudden falls.
This elliptical machine is designed to not put any pressure on your muscles or joints. The compact design allows this elliptical trainer to fit anywhere and take minimal storage space. Its large wheels provide the user with smooth and quiet training experience.
What to Look for in Elliptical Machines – Buyer’s Guide
Listed below are some factors that you should consider before going to purchase an elliptical machine for your use.
- Budget: This is the most important factor to consider when purchasing anything. With a wide range of elliptical machines available in the market, go for the one that is the most suitable for your budget.
- Aim: Do you want to exercise daily to maintain your health and stamina or do you want to go for advanced training including monitoring your heart rate and such? Whatever your goal, be sure to purchase an elliptical machine that best suits your need.
- Space: Be sure to take all the measurements of a designated space so as not to get an elliptical machine that’s too big or too small in size.
- Design: As elliptical machines come in three major types; front-drive, rear-drive and center-drive (all having different features), go for the elliptical machine that best suits your needs. A center-drive elliptical machine would be best for candidates who want greater stability while training.
- Brake: One of the most important factors, perhaps, to consider when purchasing an elliptical machine is the brake. This is because the elliptical machine’s resistance system and flywheel determine the overall training performance of the trainer, durability, and stability of the elliptical machine and overall performance of the machine.
- Console: Perhaps you want to connect your elliptical machine to a Bluetooth, Android or Apple device to make use of speakers and other such functions?
- Personalization: Adjustable bars or pivoting pedals are just two examples of customization in an elliptical machine. Thus, if you want to tune things up a notch or if multiple people would use the elliptical machine, be sure to purchase one with personalization options.
- Warranty: Go for that elliptical machine that offers you a sound period of warranty.
Conclusively, from our Top 10 Best Elliptical Machines list, it’s quite visible that there is a wide range of elliptical machines available in the market that supports numerous features to help you reach your health goals. We recommend that you go through this list again to help you make a sound buying decision.