When summer takes over the season, keeping yourself cool with an air conditioner is the ultimate solution. The scorching heat will leave you running with sweat and uncomfortable muggy feeling even if you’re just at home. That’s totally not cool! But because ductless air conditioners can provide multiple cooling systems, you’d be able to cope with the summer’s heat.
Also known as a ductless split, mini-split, or duct-free system, a ductless air conditioner is comprised of two units:
- an outdoor unit or the condenser that pumps the cool air and
- the indoor unit or the evaporator that delivers the cool air in a room
As this system can provide single and multiple zones, it can be an ideal solution for those who want to cool one to multiple rooms in a house or office.
As every consumer searches for the best system to battle the heat in summer, our list and comprehensive review of the Top 10 Best Ductless Air Conditioners in 2019 will jot down the top ductless air conditioners you can find on the market today.
Here is the List of the Top 10 Best Ductless Air Conditioners in 2019
Read more detailed reviews of each product below:
10. Pioneer Floor Console Split Ductless Inverter with Heat Pump System
For a floor standing or low mounting type of installation, the Pioneer floor console ductless air conditioner offers a complete system that you can set up in your house or office. It consists of an indoor unit, an outdoor unit, and an installation kit. Whether you or a technician install the air conditioner, it will make the installation much easier.
It is rated with 12,000 BTUs, a cooling capacity that can cover 500 to 550 sq. ft. room or space. The compressor slows down and speeds up to comply with the specified cooling and heating loads. As it processes this way, it provides a powerful cooling performance without wasting too much energy. The heat pump also has a significant effect on the production of energy. It reduces the energy but doesn’t compromise the performance. Hence, it provides the utmost comfort and cooling power at a lower cost!
For added convenience, a remote control is included. It allows you to adjust the settings easily according to the time, speed, and temperature you prefer. Definitely hassle-free! And because it operates quietly, you can relax or sleep soundly in your very own space!
9. PIONEER Air Conditioner WYS012AMFI22RL Ductless Inverter with Mini Split System
Air conditioners that are designed without an inverter have a fixed heating and cooling output or the electromotor. Therefore, the compressor does not adjust according to the required amount of cooling and heating. The inverter, however, functions otherwise. That’s when this ductless air conditioner from Pioneer differs from the non-inverter air conditioner units.
Engineered with an inverter, this ductless air conditioner regulates the temperature according to the optimal heating or cooling level. As a result, it operates quietly and the whole mechanism and structure are more durable. It is rated with 12,000 BTUs and thus can cool a larger space or room in your home or office. It also comes with a heat pump system that takes the heat in and releases it between the outdoor and indoor units.
The ductless indoor unit is a front panel that can be mounted on the wall for a centralized air conditioning. It is designed with a dimmable LED display and automatic swing air louvers for maximum cooling. It also has permanent washable air filters that release clean and cool air!
8. Senville SENL-09CD 9000 BTU 15 SEER Split Air Conditioner and Heat Pump, Mini
A lot of consumers described it as highly functional and quiet. Both the indoor and outdoor units work without all the unnecessary noise and provide the efficient cooling power your home needs. It is definitely true with this Senville ductless air conditioner which has been cooling a lot of homes through the years. Senville has it designed with an inverter and heat pump that maximize the cooling power at its optimal level. While this mechanism regulates the temperature, it performs comprehensively without taking too much energy.
The indoor unit also operates quietly that releases powerful cooling and heating whenever you need to. It is a wall-mounted installation type and you can set it up in your very own home or in the office, restaurants or any commercial spaces that need efficient cooling! It runs at 9,000 BTUs which can cover approximately 400 sq. ft rooms and spaces.
For utmost convenience, a remote control is included. The installation kit also allows you to install the air conditioner system without any hassle. As what per consumer also says, the installation is very easy although some have it installed by a professional technician. It also comes with a 5-year warranty that gives you professional assistance for the years to come.
7. Senville SENL-18CD 18000 BTU 15 SEER Split Air Conditioner and Heat Pump, Mini
Rated with 18,000 BTUs, this Senville ductless air conditioner is an option for those who need a cooling equipment for a larger space whether it is residential or commercial. As it is measured with 15 SEER, Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, it performs efficiently to deliver the cooling you need. Older air conditioner units are rated with 10 SEER and below which clearly explains the exceptional quality of this Senville ductless air conditioner with 15 SEER.
It also runs with an inverter and a heat pump system for a regulated cooling and heating output. With the Whisper Technology, it operates quietly as the name suggests. The outdoor unit or the condenser is mounted outside and also functions without the unnecessary noise. The indoor unit, on the other hand, is an elegant piece that showcases sleek design. It is a wall-mounted type so you can have it installed in your bedroom, living room, or in any space you want. The remote control included also allows you to adjust the air conditioner settings according to the temperature, fan speed, and timer you need.
6. Senville SENL-12CD 12000 BTU 15 SEER Split Air Conditioner and Heat Pump
It is a heat pump and air conditioner in one. While you can use it to cool yourself down during summer, the heat pump is a great source of energy-efficient heat in the midst of cold winter. This Senville ductless air conditioner absorbs the heat from a cool place and transfers it to a warm spot which results in a regulated cooling and heating. It also has a rating of 15 SEER but with BTUs of 12,000. A little lower compared to the other Senville air conditioners but it also functions excellently and produces a sufficient cooling power.
This wall-mounted type of air conditioner operates quietly which is perfect for your bedroom, living room, or perhaps in the office. A lot of consumers are also impressed how the installation is easy and painless although some still opt to have it installed. The infrared remote control is a useful addition to the units and enables the users to set the temperature, speed, and timer according to their preference.
5. Senville SENL-24CD 24000 BTU 15 SEER Split Air Conditioner and Heat Pump
A larger room or space requires an air conditioner unit with a higher BTU rating. If you are looking for a durable and outstanding unit for your space, this ductless air conditioner from Senville must be the best choice. It has a rating of 24,000 BTUs which is comparatively high, unlike the usual air conditioners. With such rating, you can use for a centralized cooling power in an establishment, commercial space, or a largely residential area, perhaps a bedroom or living room. Designed with an inverter, it stabilizes the cooling and heating output to the accurate level that gives you the efficient climate control.
When the winter season takes over, you can take advantage of its heat pump system for all the heating you need. With its rating of 15 SEER, you can expect an excellent performance that you can rely on for many years to come. It also includes a remote control for a hassle-free temperature control and an installation kit for a simple and easy set-up.
4. Pioneer Air Conditioner Inverter++ Ductless Wall Mount Multi-Split System Air Conditioner
When you have a house with multiple rooms, you can choose among the ductless air conditioners with multiple zones. This Pioneer air conditioner is a dual zone unit that you can set up for two rooms. Though they function through a single outdoor unit, each indoor unit is controlled and adjustable distinctively. Each of these indoor units has remote controls so you can adjust the temperature, speed, and timer according to your needs.
It has a maximum rating of 21.3 SEER which is relatively high compared to the usual air conditioners on the market. Such rating defines its exceptional performance in regards to cooling and heating power. This split system is not very complicated to set up. It operates quietly and delivers ample cooling and heating output.
A lot of consumers also find it a great deal as it functions not only as an air conditioner, but also as a heater, dehumidifier, and a ventilator. Through the sophisticated electronics, the compressor adjusts up to the optimal level, the heating, and cooling output. With all those whisper fans, both indoor and outdoor units operate quietly.
3. Pioneer Air Conditioner Inverter++ Ductless Wall Mount Multi-Split System Air Conditioner Triple (3) Zone
To cool more than two rooms in your residential or commercial space, a triple-zone ductless air conditioner might suffice. This mini split system comes with three indoor units. Engineered with whisper fans, it functions without the unnecessary noise. As it is designed with an inverter, it provides the optimum cooling and heating power. It also has a heat pump system that drives the heat off from the compressor.
Also rated with 21.3 SEER, the sleek front panel indoor units and the condenser function at their utmost performance. These indoor units are wall-mounted and can be installed in three different rooms that can also be controlled and adjusted individually. The remote control makes it much easier to adjust the settings for each unit. It also comes with an installation kit that enables you or the technician to set up the system without any hassle.
2. Pioneer Air Conditioner Multi-Split System Air Conditioner & Heat Pump Full Set, Quint (5) Zone
You probably need more than just a single zone ductless air conditioner if you want to fill out several rooms with cool air. Then this quint zone ductless air conditioner from Pioneer might be the best option. This multi-split system is comprised of 5 zones or 5 indoor units that you can mount on the wall. With the installation kit, you can have them installed or perhaps set them up on your own easily. With a rating of 21.5 SEER, you can expect but a high-quality performance that will cool you down during the hottest days of summer.
As the compressor speeds up and slows down according to the optimum levels, it maintains perfect environmental conditions in your living space. The whisper fans then provide a quiet operation. So even if you set it up in your very own bedroom, you can indulge in a relaxing and sound sleep anytime. And if you want to adjust the settings, you can use the remote control included.
1. PIONEER Air Conditioner Inverter+ Ductless Wall Mount Mini Split System Air Conditioner 12000 BTU 230V
Taking the first spot on our list is the Pioneer ductless air conditioner, a mini-split system that consists of a single indoor unit and an outdoor unit. Rated with 12,000 BTUs, it provides a powerful cooling and heating performance that can cover a large space in your home or commercial space. The compressor functions to meet the accurate cooling and heating levels. Hence, provides a superb performance with minimal cost of electricity.
Comparatively higher than other SEER ratings, this one has 17.5 SEER efficiency. It is innovatively designed to deliver efficient climate control whether heating or cooling. The installation is simple and easy with its complete installation kit. But if you don’t have any idea how the installation’s done, it’s better to seek help from a professional technician.
The remote control, on the other hand, allows you to adjust the settings according to the temperature, speed, and timer that you want. It is a wall-mounted type and you can set it up in your room, living room, or someplace you prefer. And to make sure it releases clean air, it has washable permanent air filters.
How to Choose the Best Ductless Air Conditioner
- COOLING POWER: It is measured in BTUs or the British Thermal Unit. You may want to consider the space or room where the air conditioner will be installed. The higher the BTUs, the larger space or room it can cool. Oftentimes, manufacturers provide specifications regarding the BTUs and the room size applicable for every measurement. You can also do your own calculations for this to make sure you get the accurate cooling power for your room.
- NUMBER OF ZONES: If you’re planning to set up multiple air conditioners in your home or office, it is important to know the number of zones. There are ductless air conditioners that are single-zone or designed for one room or space only while multiple-zone ductless air conditioners are for two or more rooms. It all depends on your needs and preference.
A ductless air conditioner with multiple zones uses a single condenser or outdoor unit and a multiple-zone split system that is divided into a number of zones. It can range from two to four zones or depend on the unit you’re buying. Although there is a single condenser, each zone is controlled individually. So, you can adjust the temperature for each room or just turn it off when not in use. With such a mechanism, you can save time, energy, and money.
- INSTALLATION: The crucial part of the installation is probably the indoor units or the evaporators. These units can be installed in different ways according to your needs and preference; wall mounted, concealed duct, ceiling suspended, and ceiling recessed. Each unit varies with their type of installation which should be set up by a professional technician. It may also work if you have installed similar equipment before. But if you’re completely clueless in regards to the set-up, connections, and wirings, don’t hesitate to ask help for a certified technician.
- DURABILITY: It is inevitably vital to choose a ductless air conditioner with a long-lasting performance; equipment that you can use for many years to come. Some consumers depend on the brand reputation and the customer reviews to check its durability. These can help you determine whether the equipment you’re buying is a wise investment or just a crappy one.
- OTHER FEATURES: Apart from its primary function, some consumers look for additional features that would expand its use. Some ductless air conditioners feature multiple functions that can work as a heater and a dehumidifier. These features would probably be very useful for those who battle the cold weather in winter. Some units include a remote control that allows the user to adjust the settings easily. However, do know that most units that are programmed with additional features might be a little costly compared to the usual models.
You don’t have to endure the heat and sweat all throughout summer. With a durable, high-quality, and functional ductless air conditioner, you can enjoy the summer while cooling yourself in your very own space at home or office. As ductless air conditioners can save you from costly electric bills without compromising the performance, our list contains the top-notch ductless mini split systems you can find on the market today.
Before you settle with the unit of your choice, don’t forget to check the cooling power, the number of zones, installation type, durability, and other features that you may find useful. If you’re still undecided about your choices, hope this comprehensive review helps you out!