The laser printer changed the way of working significantly. Suddenly huge amounts of documents could be printed in a short time. With the introduction of laser printers, more options were given. Today, color laser printers are high tech devices with state of the art engineering and the latest technology.
Those laser printers are designed for commercial use, hence the higher price range. There is a wide range of well-known manufacturers and producers, from HP to Dell and Brother. They all have long-lasting experience in printing and laser technology. If you consider the investment in a color laser printer, we can help you with our selection of the 10 best models. Our criteria to get a printer on these lists are the technology used, costs per print, versatility, and how well known the brand is so that you can expect good after-sales and customer service.
The 10 Best Color Laser Printers in 2023
Please read our product reviews to save some research time and compare the different models. You can purchase those top-printers with just a click as well.
Last update on 2023-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. HP Laserjet Pro M452nw Wireless Color Laser Printer
This color laser printer comes from one of the best manufacturers in the electronics industry. The Pro M452nw is a fast printer with 28 pages per minute. The data can be transferred through the ethernet port or a wireless connection. It takes only 8.9 seconds for the first page in black and white and 9.5 seconds for color pages to be printed once the signal is received.
The printer has a load capacity of 300 sheets and can print up to 4000 documents per month. This makes it a good fit for small companies and one of the best color laser printers. Up to 10 members of a workgroup can be connected. For energy efficiency, it comes with Hp Auto-On/ Auto-Off technology that turns the printer off while not in use and on when it’s needed. When using the HP JetIntelligence cartridge program, you can expect to get more out of the cartridges when they are original HP products.
- It is fast; it wakes up and prints your first paper within the first 8.5 seconds.
- Good for small offices and teams up to 10 members
- Security features with PIN-lock to secure the network and access
9. Dell NDWPJ C2660DN Laser Printer
If you are looking for increased office efficiency, Dell has quite a good reputation for electronic devices like printers. The C2660DN laser printer is one of the most used color laser printers in American offices, and for a good reason. Dell gave this device outstanding security features with built-in IPsec and SSL data connections. To ensure your companies security, Dell didn’t use wireless printing and supported ethernet network ports.
With 27 pages per minute, the printer provides sufficient speed. What separates it from the field of most color laser printers is the ability to print on both sides. This will save you lots of paper and a call to a printing company. You will also save money since the model is energy efficient and will go in low energy sleep mode when not in use.
- Secured and encrypted data connections, not Wifi transmissions
- Renown brand with efficient customer service
- Energy-efficient to lower costs
8. Dell (C1760NW) Color Laser Printer
In case you insist on wireless printing, the C1760NW by Dell is a secure color laser printer with different safety options. The standard connection is a 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet port, but the model also supports (b/g/n). For encryption, Dell offers WPA2.0 (Personal) and WPS.
As a Windows 10 compatible model, this printer fits in all kinds of modern offices and has a capacity of up to 30.000 pages per month. The pages are printed with 15 ppm in black and up to 12 ppm in color for A4 and letter format sheets. The loading capacity is 150 sheets, a bit lower than other models. The maximum resolution is 600 dpi for both color and black and white, which is good compared to cheaper color laser printers.
- The capacity of up to 30.000 sheets per month
- Secured and encrypted connections
- Resolution of 600 dpi for both color and black and white.
7. Brother Printer MFCL8900CDW Business Color Laser All-in-One
Yes, Brother is still in the game when it comes to electronic devices in offices. This model is more than just a color laser printer; it also replaces your copy machine. The numbers alone are impressive: 33 ppm for printing and scan speeds for double-sided pages up to 58 IPM. Inside, the printer works with an 800 MHz processor, and the device is equipped with the latest security features.
While wireless printing is supported, you may consider for IT-security reasons the even faster ethernet connection. Both are restricted by passwords or PINs. A special feature is the Brother iPrint & Scan: it allows you to scan a document and send it automatically to your mobile phone or tablet. This is great for presentations and meetings. A 5” color touchscreen is the operating dashboard with self-explaining functions and buttons, and you can set up to 64 shortcuts.
- These color laser printers offer low-cost printing.
- Scan, copy, and print with just one device.
- Advanced security features and wireless scan.
- Works with Alexa
6. Brother Printer HL3140CW Digital Color Laser Printer
Do you own a small business and are looking for a reasonably priced and quality printer? If so, then we’ve got a solution for you; The HL3140CW brother printer is just made for small business owners. It comes with an affordable price range ist fast, reliable, and you can even print through a wireless connection. With 19 ppm, you still get a good amount of documents printed.
The sleep mode saves time, and energy ad also prolongs the lifetime of the printer. The tray keeps up to 250 standard sheets in it, and the document gets printed with an impressive 600 x 2400 dpi resolution. For mobile printing, you can use AirPrint, Brother iPrint&Scan, or Google Cloud Print.
- Great size and functionality for small offices
- Reliable and state-of-the-art color laser printer
- Great print resolution in color and b/w
5. Brother Wireless All-In-One Color Printer
This machine is all you need in your office besides a computer and a screen. Brothers MFC-9330CDW model is a scanner, a copy machine, and it can send out a fax and, of course, print in black and white and in color. And still, it works quietly in the background with a noise peak of 30 dB / 53 dB. No reason to store it away. Printing is done with advanced electrophotography LED technology, and this device can print 2-sided pages.
The tray keeps up to 250 sheets, and you can print up to 23 pages per minute. To avoid too many cables in your office, send a print request wireless from your laptop or even mobile phones. Scans can be done with 1200 x 2400 dpi resolution while prints have 600 x 2400 dpi resolution. Scans will be combined into a PDF when a file is requested and be send to mobile devices or a server. The printer comes with a small dashboard when needed for manual control and maintenance features.
- Scan, copy, fax, and print in one machine
- Advanced scan features
- Energy efficient and quiet
4. Canon Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw – All in One, Wireless, Duplex Laser Printer
We cannot forget Canon here, a company that brought 1979 the first laser printer to the mass market. Today, they are still one of the industry leaders, both in consumer and commercial markets for color laser printers. The CLASS MF733Cdw model is one of the latest inventions from the Japanese company and a perfect fit for small and middle-sized offices. One outstanding feature is the memory: it can keep up to 512 in the queue. The paper tray’s capacity can be expanded to 850 sheets, while 150 sheets output is a great number as well.
You can easily control the printer with the small color display or via a setup on your computer. Canon decided to use wireless printing technology as well as old school cable connections. You will also get a 3-year warranty, and you can apply for the Dash Replenishment systems where you can save money on toner replacements.
- All in one office printer and scanner with huge memory
- It includes a 3-year limited warranty for buyer confidence with friendly US-based support.
3. Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer
When looking for a simple but high-quality printer, the HL-3170CDW model is perfect for your office. While it cannot scan or fax, it has a strong focus on printing. The tray keeps 250 sheets, so you don’t have to check too often if there is still paper in the printer. Also, when Dash Replenishment is activated, the printer can automatically order more toner when the level is low.
Even with smaller dimensions, you can choose double sides printing and a wireless connection to transfer the device’s data. Its compact design makes it a great companion for a small office or a group of 4-5 team members. And it is also good for the environment since it comes with an energy-saving mode.
- High-quality prints for a small and compact device
- The high-capacity replacement toner cartridges help to reduce cost by up to 60%.
- Brilliant color prints of up to 600 x 2400 dpi.
2. Brother MFC9130CW Wireless All-In-One Printer
Taking the 2nd place on our list, this high-quality printer allows you to print and copy, scan, and fax. It is an easy-to-use device that comes with a 3.7” color touchscreen display, enabling you to operate the printer. This model has a printing speed of 19 pages per minute, making it ideal for printing urgently required documents.
Using the WebConnect, you can scan or download files from web services without the need for using your computer or mobile phone. Besides, just like the other Brother color laser printers, you can scan multiple files to a single page using the automatic document feeder.
- Efficient printer when it comes to paper and energy.
- It can print web-based documents and has a scanner and fax function.
1. HP LaserJet Pro M277dw Wireless All-in-One Color Printer
A maximum of 5 people can use this Hewlett-Packard printer. Wireless direct printing helps to improve speed and efficiency. With a printing rate of 19 pages, you still get documents printed in a decent amount of time. The first page will come out after only 11 seconds.
It features a 3-inch color touchscreen that allows you to access manual operating, like scanning and copying documents easily. The automatic 2-sided printing helps to save paper and time as well.
- This printer can scan documents to the email or the cloud; hence it’s a multi-purpose printer.
- It is 40% smaller in size hence does not take much of the office space.
- It is compatible with various devices, and you can print from your phone, tablet, PC, etc.
Now, let’s take a look at the factors you need to consider before buying a new laser color printer for your office.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Color Laser Printer
- Efficiency: You want a printer that runs smoothly and doesn’t cost a fortune on ink or toner. Energy consumption and sleep modes are important factors too.
- The Speed: The speed of color laser printers is measured in pages per minute and should be more than 19ppm. A printer with high speed helps you to save time. Those models in the higher price range can print up to 30 pages in a minute.
- Security: Printers are, unfortunately, an easy target for hackers. That’s why you should look for good security features, like PIN lock, SSL-Encryption, and password protection.
- Number of Users: When used in a team or network, you may want to check a limited number of connections. A standard office printer should at least allow 5 people to connect.
- Quality: The quality of the printer plays a great part in determining the quality of the printouts. The more dpi, the better is the resolutions and usually the print in general. Make sure you use original toner cartridges for efficient and high-quality prints.
When looking for a new color printer, you should first consider the average use and what functionality you require. If it is just you and a few staff in a small space, a model like the Brother HL-3170CDW will do it. It would help if you had more capacity in the paper tray and faster printing for larger offices, at least 20 pages per minute. Also, wireless technology is very convenient. Last but not least, for a hassle-free office life, you can choose one of the big boys with scan, print, copy, and fax functions. The Brother Printer MFCL8900CDW is one of the models we recommend in this case.