It doesn’t make any sense to invest hundreds in a GoPro camera just to break it within a few minutes of use. As you probably know, the GoPro Camera helps us capture the important events and moments in our lives. Besides the camera, the accessories included will also ensure that we get the best possible service. While the best GoPro camera carrying cases might look simple, selecting, and settling for a model that fits your needs best is not a walk in the park. These cases come with different characteristics including those with a hard case, semi-rigid cases, others are water resistant while others have foam padding.
For this reason, it is important to know what you really want before making your choice. Our guide is aimed at helping you to narrow down the options in the market today. Going through the guide will also ensure that you get a model that gives you a reliable service without spending a fortune.
- Top 10 Best Carrying Cases for GoPro
- 10. Case Logic SLRC-208 Slim Action Camera Case
- 9. HSU Small Case for GoPro
- 8. CamKix Replacement Case Compatible with GoPro
- 7. Go Professional Pro Watertight Rugged Case
- 6. Smatree GA700-2 with ABS materials for GoPro
- 5. GoPro Casey (Camera + Mounts plus Accessories Case)
- 4. GoPole Venturecase
- 3. Pelican 1200 Case with Foam
- 2. AmazonBasics Carrying Case for GoPro (Large)
- 1. CamKix Case for GoPro Hero 5 Black
- Factors to consider before Buying GoPro Case
- Related Articles:
Top 10 Best Carrying Cases for GoPro in 2018
10. Case Logic SLRC-208 Slim Action Camera Case
Designed with user’s needs in mind, the Case Logic case will accommodate one GoPro camera and all the other accessories you need during your trip. It comes with various padded compartments that ensure that your camera and accessories are protected against bumping and scratching. The divider wall is also adjustable allowing for customization. This allows you to carry different sized cameras and accessories with ease.
In addition to that, this carrying case also comes with a zippered pocket and mesh pouches that provide you with additional space to store various attachments. Two durable zippers to ensure utmost security secure the main compartment. What’s more, this unit comes with a water-resistant construction and a handle at the top for easy handling.
- Generously padded divider walls ensure that your camera is well protected
- Comes with mesh pouches as well as zippered pockets to keep your attachment and accessories safe and organized
- Features a water-resistant Dura base that offers both stability and protection
- Has an organization panel that ensures that all your small accessories are safe and easy to access
- Made using durable materials
- Spacious interior
- Allows you to store your items safely and organize them
- Ergonomic handle
- Comparing it to the various models on the market, this unit is somehow expensive but come with various features that are hard to find on other models.
9. HSU Small Case for GoPro
Despite its small size, you will find the HSU GoPro carrying case convenient to carry wherever you go. This is probably the main reason why it has become a personal favorite for GoPro Enthusiasts. Featuring a convey handle and a CNC carabineer circle you can be guaranteed to get a great experience when carrying it.
The case also comes with an elastic mesh pocket and several compartments that allow you to store your accessories safely. Another feature that you will love about this unit is the solid construction. The exterior is made of tough materials that ensure optimal protection. It is also well padded with shock absorbing materials to ensure that your camera and accessories safely.
- Portable case with compact size making it a perfect choice for GoPro Enthusiasts
- Features a high-density foam interior and water-resistant exterior
- Comes with a carry handle and a CNC carabineer loop
- Elastic Mesh Pocket provides extra storage for your GoPro camera and accessories
- Rigid outer shell and durable zipper
- Water-resistant and dustproof
- Compact yet spacious inside
- Multiple compartments
- The smaller design meaning it might not accommodate larger GoPro cameras
8. CamKix Replacement Case Compatible with GoPro
Are you making plans to go an outdoor trip and would want to take your GoPro camera with you? well, you shouldn’t risk its safety by carrying it in a cheaply made case. The CamKix replacement case is built to ensure that your delicate camera and accessories get the best protection. It boasts of an plenty interior spaces that accommodate up to two cameras. Despite the size, the case still maintains a lightweight and compact design making it easy to carry.
The case’s exterior is crafted from a strong nylon material that does not break easily. The fabric material also ensures a firm grip and water resistance allowing user’s flexibility. Furthermore, this unit comes with mesh pockets that offer you with additional space to carry your personal items such as memory cards and chargers.
- Comes with elastic mesh pocket and extra compartments
- The Exterior of the case is made from durable nylon mesh
- Lightweight and compact when compared to the hard cases models
- Versatile interior made if quality EVA materials to ensure absolute protection
- Travel-friendly design
- Multiple compartments
- Tough nylon exterior
- Excellent shock absorption
- Available in a few color choices, but this shouldn’t be a concern especially when we consider its performance
7. Go Professional Pro Watertight Rugged Case
Whether you are on a safari, surfing or enjoying a backyard soiree, it is paramount to carry your GoPro case. However, to ensure peace of mind and ultimate convenience you should ensure that you have a high-quality GoPro carrying case. With this case, you will not only ensure that your GoPro camera and accessories are protected but also neatly organized.
The case is thoughtfully designed with a high-quality EVA foam Interior that ensures that each device is impeccably secured. Some of the other features that we love about this unit include the watertight, rugged, and solid construction to ensure absolute protection as well as durability.
- Waterproof and dustproof ABS solid wall design
- Customized foam cavities for the organization of accessories
- Features a Manual Pressure Equalization Valve
- Comes with a wide variety of pockets for accessories
- Sturdy walls for added protection
- Watertight and dustproof
- The exterior is made of scratch resistant materials
- Ergonomic carry handle
- Although the handle is ergonomically designed, some feel that it needs some cushioning
6. Smatree GA700-2 with ABS materials for GoPro
The Smatree GA700-2 GoPro carrying case is made from dustproof and watertight materials, allowing you to carry your GoPro camera wherever you go. This carrying case comes with a double layer package that offers you with more than enough space to carry your camera along with its accessories.
Other than that, this case comes with plenty of space for floating handle grips, chest strap, suction cups and more. Besides being accommodative, this unit has its interior made from high-density foam that protects your delicate devices from scuffing. What’s more, it also comes with multiple compartments that hold the smaller accessories, boosting their accessibility.
- Made of ABS materials that are not only watertight but also dust-proof
- Double-layered Case offers ample storage space
- Soft and flexible foam on the top protects your devices from scuffing
- Hard case ensuring optimal protection
- Easy opening and closing
- Watertight and dust-proof
- Deeper and multiple compartments
- Ergonomic handle
- Higher price tag but worth every penny thanks to the increased performance
5. GoPro Casey (Camera + Mounts plus Accessories Case)
GoPro Casey is a perfect storage and travel solution for your GoPro. We love its small design that fits inside a backpack but offers you with a large interior that accommodates your GoPro camera. The case also comes with a semi-rigid and weather resistant shell that guards against light snow and rain. It also comes with a well-padded interior that protects your camera while the removable dividers allow you to create compartments for any gear setup.
Another feature that makes this unit stand out is the pullout pouch that holds grab and go accessories like batteries, MicroSD cards, thumb Screws in one place, ensuring exceptional organization. Thanks to the tough material, this case will offer you a reliable service for many years to come.
- Fully customizable to fit any gear setup
- Semi-rigid shell and padded inner walls ensure ample cushioning for your gear
- Comes with a Weather-resistant design that protects your devices against light rain and snow
- Has a removable pouch that stores your thumbscrews, batteries, and micro SD cards
- High-quality construction
- Plenty of interior space
- Fully Customizable
- Weather Resistant
- No, handle so you need to keep it inside a backpack
4. GoPole Venturecase
Whether you are gearing up for a weekend getaway or a day trip, Venturecase carrying case is a decent choice to hold all your gadgets including the accessories, mounts, and camera. The unit comes with a weather resistant soft case that stores and safeguards up to two GoPro cameras and leaving plenty of room for other accessories. The unit also comes with Zip pockets that keep the cables and memory cards safe and secure.
Made of high-end materials you can be sure to get a reliable service for many years to come. While the case has a relatively higher price tag, this unit is quite spacious on the inside and fashionable. it also boasts of unique features such as solid dividers that allow for customization as well as shock-absorbing walls that ensure superior protection.
- A large compartment that fits all GoPro HERO cameras
- Adjustable two Mesh Pockets for holding clips, batteries, remotes & more
- Made of Durable Weatherproof zippers and canvas backing
- Comes with 2 Camera Compartments
- Durable Materials
- Large Accessory Compartment
- Weather Resistant
- Reasonably priced
- Bright color; this may be a downside for individuals looking for camouflage especially when heading out for hunting trips
3. Pelican 1200 Case with Foam
As you probably know, the GoPro cameras are designed to maximize our experience and adventure. However, when taking part in action-packed activities such as diving, snorkeling, and surfing, their use is seriously limited. The Pelican 1200 case was designed with this in mind. For this reason, it comes with a water-resistant construction that will allow you to use them even on trips involving working in rivers or seas. This means that you don’t need to be worried about whether you are planning to go on a fishing trip or mountain climbing.
The unit is built to withstand unforgiving treatment ranging from being dipped in ice or dropped on rocks. A closer look to the interior this unit has adequate foaming which absorbs the shocks and easing pressure. As this is not enough, this unit comes with pressure equalizer that does a great job when it comes to balancing the pressure within the casing. Best of all, this unit comes with an ergonomic handle that is superbly placed to ensure convenient handling.
- Boasts of a polymer o-ring that ensure a watertight performance
- Features unique pelican automatic pressure equalization ensuring a balance in air pressure, keeping all the accessories from any danger
- Features a Pick and Pluck foam that enables interior customization
- Sturdy Stainless steel handles and hinges ensure durability
- Strong handles and hinges
- It is waterproof and airtight
- Comes with a customizable interior foam
- Easy opening and closing
- None that we could find
2. AmazonBasics Carrying Case for GoPro (Large)
Similar to other AmazonBasics products, the AmazonBasics GoPro case is designed to offer you a reliable service without having a high price tag. It boasts of a large design, which is fitted with foam that is shaped into four different sections that fit your GoPro camera and accessories neatly. The interior is also padded with EVA materials that cushion the devices from accidental impact.
Again, the unit also contains a mesh pocket that offers additional storage space. Unlike most of the other models on the market, this unit comes with a larger storage space that is large enough to hold two cameras. Besides, this unit comes with an integrated handle and durable zipper that ensures the best possible safety for your devices.
- A large case will hold two GoPro cameras alongside all their accessories
- High-quality zipper and ergonomic carry handle
- Features Foam padding that has pre-cut slots that hold your accessories in place
- Compatible with almost all GoPro cameras
- Large enough to hold two cameras
- High-quality EVA interior
- Keeps the camera and accessories safe
- Multiple compartments to keep your items organized
- The exterior is not waterproof
1. CamKix Case for GoPro Hero 5 Black
For those looking for top quality GoPro cases whose performance is the best, you should give this model a try. What makes this model stand out is that it comes with a solid construction that is not only dustproof but also waterproof. For this reason, you can be sure that your devices are safe whether you are traveling or home storage.
The carrying case also comes with a superior interior design that ensures adequate protection keeping the delicate devices in crescendo conditions. Moreover, this unit boasts of shock absorbing material that offers extra protection.
- Feature elastic mesh pocket and extra compartments
- The interior is padded with EVA material to create different interior layouts
- Has shock-absorbing padding that provides extra protection to your camera
- The Exterior is made of durable nylon construction
- Lightweight and compact design
- Spacious interior
- Multiple compartments allow for safety and flawless organization
- The interior is easy to customize
- Accommodates only one GoPro camera
Factors to consider before Buying GoPro Case
While the GoPro cases seem to have similar features, you need to ensure that you will get a model that works best. For this reasons, there are factors that you need to consider to ensure that you pick a model that works best.
The first thing to consider is the size of your GoPro camera. You also need to know the number of cameras you need to carry. Next, think about the accessories then you have. Depending on the size and the number of cameras and accessories you need, go for a model that will fit your needs.
- Construction materials
Before making your purchase, you should also look at the construction materials. The cases are made of various materials including hard cases and tough fabric. The type of material will depend on the area you are using it and preference. For instance, while the hard shell models may resist pressure when carrying them in a backpack, they can easily break when dropped on rocks. On the other hand, the semi-rigid models might not resist much-pressing pressure but offer ample cushioning.
The next paramount consideration is the internal compartments. Ensure that the model you choose has ample interior partitions that will fit all your accessories and camera. It is understood, models with more compartments will help you organize your valuables neatly. This makes it easy to access. Additionally, the compartments should also be adjustable. This will help you store differently sized accessories effortlessly.
While we do not advise selecting the best GoPro case in terms of price, you should always make sure that you go for a model that fits your budget. The reason why we do not advise going for the cheapest models is that they are often made with substandard materials. The rule of the thumb here is to go for models that come with features you need and are reasonably priced.
The manner in which you keep your belongings will often determine their durability. This rule also applies when it comes to GoPro cameras. The above-mentioned GoPro camera cases will help you move around with your camera and store them safely. With the models above you, do not have an excuse to leave your camera and accessories exposed to harsh elements or preventable damages.