When it comes to modern and portable electric sewing machines, Brother is among the best brands that you can trust. Apart from its popularity, this brand has showcased a lot of sewing machines that have been known for their versatility, excellent functionality, and portability. And because of their modern design and multifunctional buttons, sewing and embroidery become much easier to do.
Once you find the right sewing machine, it will help you demonstrate and enhance your creativity in making complex designs and detailed stitches. You can even sew all types of clothing you want and make repairs with ease! And if you’re a beginner who is still working out on your creative skills, using a Brother sewing machine is one of the best ways to learn.
With all the available Brother sewing machines you can find on the market, there are top models that do stand out. This list of the Top 10 Best Brother Sewing Machines in 2020 will give you a complete comparison review of the best-selling sewing machines under this brand.
- These are the 10 Best Brother Sewing Machines you can buy in 2020
- 10. Brother CE8100 Sewing & Quilting Machine with Bonus Foot Pack
- 9. Brother XM1010 with 10 stitches, 4-Step Auto-Size Buttonholer
- 8. Brother Jx2517 Lightweight and Full Size Sewing Machine
- 7. Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Sewing and Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches
- 6. Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine
- 5. Brother XM2701 Lightweight, Full-Featured Sewing Machine
- 4. Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine with 130 Built-in Stitches
- 3. Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine
- 2. Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4×4 Embroidery Machine
- 1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches
- How to Choose the Best Brother Sewing Machine
These are the 10 Best Brother Sewing Machines you can buy in 2020
10. Brother CE8100 Sewing & Quilting Machine with Bonus Foot Pack
For those who prefer a larger workspace, the Brother CE1800 features an extended table where you can finish your sewing projects more conveniently. Whether you’re a beginner or a designer who wants to make creative and decorative stitches on your clothes, this sewing machine offers an expansive array of 120 stitches! It includes decorative stitches, quilting stitches, auto-size buttonholes, utility stitches and 8 styles of one step.
This machine is also engineered with an LCD display where you can view your settings or the type of stitch you’ve chosen. Working becomes much more comfortable as well with the bright LED light that you can use on darker fabrics or whenever you’re making intricate designs and stitches.
- 120 built-in stitches
- Features an extended table for a larger work area
- Designed with LCD display
- Has a bright LED light
- Equipped with an advanced threading system
- 10-foot accessories included
9. Brother XM1010 with 10 stitches, 4-Step Auto-Size Buttonholer
If you want to start with a few creative stitches and still learning your way out to enhance those sewing skills, the XM1010 unit has 10 built-in stitches that you can use on your clothing and other projects. Brother keeps it simple with a stitch selector that you can use for blind hems, mending, quilting, and adding appliques.
The impressive feature about this sewing machine is it’s lightweight and easy to carry around if you’re moving from one place to another. Although it is compact, it works incredibly to provide you hassle-free stitching. The built-in free arm is handy when you’re mending or working on clothes with sleeves.
Aside from these stunning features, this machine includes an automatic bobbin winder, a jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin, a thread tension control, and a bright LED lighting. There are also 4 sewing feet that you can use for various stitches.
- Has 4 sewing feet – zigzag, buttonhole, zipper, and button
- Equipped with a bright LED lighting
- Comes with 10 built-in stitches
- Lightweight and compact
- Has built-in free arm for sleeves
- Includes accessories and a manual for a hassle-free use
8. Brother Jx2517 Lightweight and Full Size Sewing Machine
The Jx2517 obviously has its artistic side with all those creative prints. But that’s just to warm you up with what it can do more! This full-size sewing machine has 17 built-in stitches and 38 stitch functions that you can use when you’re working on with your designing or mending clothes.
It also has automatic 4-step buttonholes for making perfect stitches for the buttons. And to help you out while working on those complex designs, this machine is engineered with a bright LED light.
Brother always makes sure that the users will have an enjoyable time while stitching or while working on with those sewing skills. That’s why they’ve included a manual and other useful accessories such as needle set, bobbin, darning plate, screwdriver, power cord and 4 types of sewing feet such as buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, zipper foot, and zigzag foot.
- Has a bright LED light
- Includes 4 sewing feet accessories
- Comes with 17 built-in stitches and 38 stitch functions
- Has 4-step buttonhole maker
- Includes accessories for a hassle-free stitching
- Lightweight and portable
7. Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Sewing and Quilting Machine with 37 Stitches
The next Brother sewing machine on our list is an ideal option for those who prefer a larger working area. The XR3774 comes with a wide table that can come in really handy which allows you to maneuver easily while working.
It comes with an extensive array of 37 built-in creative stitches and a 1-step buttonhole stitch. It is also lightweight and user-friendly which is perfect for beginners and advanced sewers!
This versatile sewing machine shows off an easy threading system, a quick-set drop-in bobbin, 8 sewing feet, and an easy stitch selector, that allows you to make every sewing project much more comfortable to accomplish. With all its decorative, quilting, and heirloom stitches, you’ll have less to worry about when sewing or making repairs!
- Has 8 sewing feet
- Designed with 37 built-in stitches and 1-step buttonhole stitch
- Lightweight and user-friendly
- Comes with a wide table for a larger working area
- Ideal for beginners and advanced sewers
- Features an easy threading system and a stitch selector
6. Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine
As per some users, the Project Runway CS5055PRW is a great basic sewing machine with nice extra features. And it is actually how Brother wants it to be – a simple, user-friendly, and versatile sewing machine that everyone can definitely use.
It comes with 50 sewing stitches, 87 stitch functions, and 5 one-step custom-sized buttonholes to give you a row of neat and consistent buttonholes. The LCD display also allows you to view the settings you made.
This machine package is also inclusive of 6 presser feet, accessories such as bobbins, needle set, ballpoint needle, twin needle, and other accessories that you’ll find useful for sewing. It also comes with a bright LED light that illuminates your workplace for better and more convenient stitching. With all these stunning features, you can create and modify your wardrobe with your own sense of style!
- Has 50 sewing stitches, 87 stitch functions, and 5 one-step buttonholes
- Has an LCD display to view the stitches and settings
- Comes with 6-presser feet
- Has an LED light for a convenient workplace
- Comes with a stitch chart
- Lightweight and portable
5. Brother XM2701 Lightweight, Full-Featured Sewing Machine
If you’re looking for a great machine for beginners, the XM2701 must be the one for you! Although all Brother sewing machines are designed to be user-friendly and versatile for all users with or without sewing experience and still working on with those skills, this model is one of the bests you can try. It is lightweight and definitely portable that allows you to make stitches, repairs, and other clothing projects anywhere you want.
Brother XM2701 comes with 27 built-in stitches that include decorative and quilting stitches. It also has 6 sewing feet and an automatic threader which is pretty useful if you’re having a hard time getting the thread right into the needle.
That’s why even the elderly love this machine and find it really easy to use. Apart from these, it comes with an easy stitch selector, a jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin, and a bobbin winding.
- Comes with 27 built-in stitches – decorative and quilting stitches
- Has 6 sewing feet an automatic threader
- Lightweight and portable
- Has a stitch selector
- Comes with a jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and easy bobbin winding
- Ideal for beginners
4. Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine with 130 Built-in Stitches
Those who have advanced skills in sewing tend to opt for sewing machines that offer an extensive array of stitches and that have extra functional features. And if you’re one of those who is looking for a reliable sewing machine, the HC1850 is an excellent option to try.
It comes with an incredible range of 130 built-in stitches! And to help you pick out the stitch you need, it comes with a flip stitch chart right on the side. It includes decorative stitches, quilting stitch functions, heirloom stitches, garment construction stitches, and auto-buttonhole styles!
This model is equipped with an easy-view backlit LCD display where you can monitor the settings or the type of stitch you’ve opted for. The backlight makes it easier for you to read the details. And for a brighter and more convenient workplace, it has an extended table and an LED light to help you focus on those intricate designs. It also has an adjustable speed that you can control according to the speed you want!
- Features 130 built-in stitches
- Comes with a flip stitch chart
- Has a backlit LCD display
- Designed with LED light for a bright workplace
- Has an extended table for larger work area
- Engineered with an automatic threading system
- Has an adjustable speed
3. Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine
The XL2600I is another best-selling Brother sewing machine that is an excellent option for beginners and for users who have advanced skills in sewing. This machine provides 25 built-in stitches that you can use in making clean and creative stitches whether you’re mending or stitching new clothes for your wardrobe! Its lightweight and portable design also allow you to use it more conveniently wherever you prefer to.
To complete your fun and creative sewing experience, Brother includes essential accessories that will help you make every stitching smooth and neat. The threading system is also commendable as it takes care of threading the needle for you! It also has an easy stitch selector, a top drop-in bobbin, and one-step auto-sized buttonholes.
- Comes with 25 built-in stitches
- Lightweight and portable
- User-friendly; ideal for beginners
- Designed with automatic threading system
- Features one-step auto-size buttonholes and a top drop-in bobbin
- Comes with a stitch selector to help you choose the perfect stitch design
2. Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4×4 Embroidery Machine
Taking the 2nd spot on our list is the SE400 sewing machine that showcases functional settings for sewing and also embroidery. So, if you’re also fond of embroidery or still working out your skills in it, this sewing machine has all the essential features and settings that you need.
For sewing, you can choose among the 67 built-in stitches and 98 stitch functions, where each and every stitch design is laid out on the chart on the machine.
When it comes to embroidery, you’ll have 70 beautiful built-in designs to choose from if you want to pump up your style and enhance your creativity in embroidery. Once you’ve opted for the designs, you can change the settings on the LCD display. It is crafted with a wide table that gives you a comfortable and larger workspace. Aside from these features, the advanced threading system, automatic thread cutter, and the quick-set drop-in bobbin make the machine a lot easier to use!
- Designed for sewing and embroidery
- Features 67 stitches, 98 stitch functions, and 70 embroidery designs
- Has an LCD screen to view the settings and details
- Has a wide table for a larger work area
- Features an advanced threading system
- Comes with an automatic thread cutter and quick-set drop-in bobbin
1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches
Our ultimate pick from all of the Brother sewing machines is the CS6000i! It doesn’t have as many stitch designs like the ones that you’ve seen here on our list. But it comes with 60 built-in stitches that are just right to complete all your sewing needs.
It is simple to use, lightweight, portable, and highly functional. These stitches are designed for decorative stitches, quilting, heirloom, garment construction, and auto-buttonhole styles. It comes with 9 sewing feet for every type of stitch you need.
This sewing machine also provides an oversized table that provides a larger and more convenient working area, especially when you’re working on larger or wider clothing. And if you want to focus on those complex designs, it has a bright LED light that will help you out.
Just like the other best-selling Brother machines, it is engineered with an automatic threading system, an adjustable sewing speed, built-in free arm for sewing sleeves and cuffs, and an easy bobbin winding. The LCD display is also an innovative feature that allows you to view the settings you’ve opted for.
- Has 60 built-in stitches – decorative, quilting, garment construction, heirloom
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with 9 sewing feet
- Designed with an LED light for dark fabrics and convenient workplace
- Comes with an oversized table for larger working area
- Has built-in free arm for sewing sleeves and cuffs
- Has an LCD display to view the settings and the stitch you choose
- Features an automatic threading system and easy bobbin winding
- Features an adjustable sewing speed
How to Choose the Best Brother Sewing Machine
- EASE OF USE: This feature includes the threading system, the stitch selector, bobbin winding, and the other features that allow you to accomplish your sewing projects with ease. These portable yet incredible sewing machines offer ease of use and flexibility that makes sewing or embroidery an enjoyable thing to do, especially for the beginners and the elderly who are still getting used to modern design. When selecting a Brother sewing machine, make sure that you opt for the one that will perform according to your pace and preference.
- SEWING SPEED: Every model offers an adjustable speed setting that gives you control over how fast or slows you want the sewing process to be done. This is one of the essential features that you should check out, particularly if you have specific projects you want to get done on time or if you’re still enhancing your skills in sewing and embroidery.
- STITCHES: One of the highlights of these sewing machines are the types of stitches that you can do in a snap. Some models feature many decorative stitches, heirloom stitches, quilting stitches, auto-buttonhole styles, and many other types of stitches that you want for your sewing project. You can also stick with the usual stitches if you want to. This options also enhances not only your sewing skills but also your creativity.
- SIZE & WEIGHT: They vary in size and weight. Some units are lightweight while the others are a little bit heavy to carry. You can also choose what size you prefer. There are portable ones that are compact and smaller than the other models, which are easier to carry, transport, and store. If you prefer wider and bigger size, there are models that feature a wider and larger table for a more spacious work area.
- OTHER FEATURES: As these Brother sewing machines ergonomically designed, they showcase additional features that make them undeniably innovative, highly functional, and flexible. Some of the sewing machines under this brand feature an LCD display that allows the users to view the settings they’ve registered such as the type of stitch and other adjustments. Bright LED lights are available on some models that help the users to sew darker fabrics or focus on the stitches carefully even when the room lighting’s not enough.
Each Brother sewing machine has its own stunning features that will supplement all your sewing needs! With their innovative and creative designs and mechanism, sewing and even embroidery become an easy and enjoyable task to do. And because they are designed to be user-friendly and versatile, beginners and users with advanced sewing skills will truly benefit with these sewing machines.
Haven’t found the sewing machine you need to modify your wardrobe? Start with Brother! And to help you find only the best Brother sewing machines, our list provides you a comprehensive comparison and reviews of all the best-selling machines you can find.