Music is an essential part of our lives. Since we are now staying more at home, we need our daily dose of good music. When you are with friends, you can immediately start a party if they bring their Bluetooth boombox or use the one you have at home. Bluetooth Boombox is easy to connect, but many also can play old-style CDs and DVDs.
What significantly changed compared to the so-called ghetto blaster is the sound quality. A modern boombox has a massive bass – hence the name – and a much wider frequency range. Thanks to built-in high-performance batteries, they last a while even when there is no power plug around. You still have a radio option with many Bluetooth boomboxes, and you can always tune in to your favorite station. So let’s dance and have a look at our list of the best Bluetooth boom boxes in 2020.
- There are the best Bluetooth Boomboxes to choose
- 10. Sony Bluetooth Boombox
- 9. NEW: Bumpboxx Bluetooth Boombox
- 8. NEW: Philips Bluetooth Boombox Speaker Portable
- 7. Jensen FM Stereo CD Bluetooth Boombox
- 6. NEW: Monster Nomad speaker for music, guitar, and microphone
- 5. NEW: Studebaker SB2149B Master Blaster
- 4. Ultra Loud Rugged Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Boombox
- 3. NEW: Toshiba TY-ASC400 Bluetooth Trolley Boom Box
- 2. Sony ZSRS60BT CD Boombox
- 1. G-Project G-BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Boombox Speaker
- Factors to consider before buying Bluetooth Boomboxes:
There are the best Bluetooth Boomboxes to choose
Last update on 2020-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
These are our picks for great music and groove experience. Take any of those Bluetooth boomboxes, and you will have a great time.
10. Sony Bluetooth Boombox
Sony is a renowned brand with decades of experience in DVD players and other audio equipment. This Bluetooth boombox is a quality product that won’t let you down in the middle of a party. It’s lightweight and runs with batteries or AC. The Bass is amazing, thanks to a special reflection system. You can choose between radio, DVD, Bluetooth, or connect any USB-drive to the device.
We like the compact and elegant design, and it is also great as a home entertainment system. You even get a cleaning cloth in the set. To connect to other devices, you can also use the FC near field communication, and on the top of the box, you can save your three favorite radio stations.
9. NEW: Bumpboxx Bluetooth Boombox
If you want to be the coolest kid on the block, then this is a Bluetooth boom box to impress. The most visible features are its retro graffiti design, colorful and authentic. You will surely impress your friends with the look of the Bumpboxx. . The handle on top looks like a miniature version of the one you would slide with your skateboard along.
But the technical aspects are also convincing. First of all, it’s loud. Very loud. The box has a 140 Watt speaker system with 2 drivers and 2 tweeters plus the reflective bass. Everyone will know you are there. And the sound is still crystal clear. Second, you can connect your Bluetooth device, files through USB or with an aux-cable. Not cassette player, though, sorry.
8. NEW: Philips Bluetooth Boombox Speaker Portable
You may think this box came right from the future. We have never seen such a cool futuristic design, and this alone was a reason to include it in this list of Bluetooth boomboxes. But it’s also made by one of the best manufacturers of music electronics, the Dutch company Philips. What can go wrong with it?
Our answer is Nothing we are aware of. Even with 50 Watt, the Bluetooth boombox makes a lot of – good – noise, and beside Bluetooth, USB, and aux, you still have the good old CD player, which support a wide range of formats. We strongly recommend to use it fist at night, when the blue LED light up the speakers. You may feel like on a starship.
7. Jensen FM Stereo CD Bluetooth Boombox
The Jensen Bluetooth boom box is a modern look white cube with a silver color handlebar. It fits right into modern urban settings and minimalistic interior. But since it is so portable, you can use it wherever you want. The loudspeaker box is made for CD lovers and has a top loader and a track number display, like in the old days.
On the left, you have a switch so you can select either aux, cd, or FM-radio. On the other panel, you will find a retro-style tune wheel and volume wheel. You can also connect your headphones, and the handle is actually foldable. This is a simple but decent box, best used inside.
6. NEW: Monster Nomad speaker for music, guitar, and microphone
The name of this Bluetooth boombox is just right: It looks quite dangerous and is a good companion for the lonesome traveler. It fits most environments with the black industrial design, from your hood to a fancy uptown apartment. It could have more than 30 Watt but still produces an impressively clear and loud sound.
Since nomads spend a lot of time outside, this speaker is IPX 4 water-resistant. And that makes it a great choice for street musicians because you can connect a mic or a guitar as well. The battery lasts for 30 hours of play – that’s a hell of a concert or party.
5. NEW: Studebaker SB2149B Master Blaster
Are you missing your old blaster with the dual cassette system? Well, the Studebaker is a least by the look a good replacement. It follows the design of the 80s ghetto blasters but put ins modern technology. You will hear it the moment you press play: The sound is so much better thanks to new electronics and tweeters.
While the cassette is not supported anymore, this blaster still likes to play your CDs in any format or whatever you feed through the USB-Port. You can connect your phone through Bluetooth or with an aux headphone cable. The best feature for us is the FM radio with the old frequency scale on top – you may have to ask your parents how to use is, if you are born in the 90s.
4. Ultra Loud Rugged Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Boombox
This rugged Bluetooth boombox is clearly an eye-catcher. It looks like something between a stealth bomber and a futuristic landscape design. But this is for a reason: the speakers are placed in a way that provides a 360-degree music experience. This makes it a perfect party speaker for the outdoors.
If you need some more reasons why this is the best boombox for outside parties? Here we go. It’s shockproof, so don’t worry when it gets a kick from a dancer. It is dustproof, which makes it useable at the parking lot or inside the abandoned house. It is waterproof, so let’s dance in the rain. And it floats, up 30 minutes in the water.
3. NEW: Toshiba TY-ASC400 Bluetooth Trolley Boom Box
Yes, technically, it is more a speaker system than a boombox, But turn this Toshiba monster 90 degrees, and you have the most powerful Bluetooth boombox ever. And we mean it: This trolley has 1000 Watt peak power output. You will be heard from three blocks away. We like it because the box is easy to set up and gets connected to your smartphone in seconds.
Alternatively, you can use an SD card with your favorite tracks or connect a hard drive through the USB-port. You can carry it with the handle, but it needs a power socket nearby. To increase the party feeling, LEDs will flicker in different colors depending on the music. You can also choose between different sound settings for inside and outside.
2. Sony ZSRS60BT CD Boombox
Another Bluetooth boombox from Sony that is worth to be mentioned. It’s more a classic design for your home environment. Sony put every feature you need into this model, and so you have an FM radio, CD-player, Bluetooth connection, and aux-input. The ZSRS60BT is a good choice for radio enthusiasts because you can use 30 presets for all your favorite radio stations.
The front panels feature an LCD that shows play mode, track numbers, and other details. You have all the buttons for selecting tracks, skip or pause arranged nearby. Soundwise, Sony put the Mega Bass system in this boombox.
1. G-Project G-BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Boombox Speaker
The G-project Bluetooth boombox is one of the best-selling quality Bluetooth boomboxes we know of. Its rugged design makes it a great companion for outdoor use. With a rubber base and protected inputs, dust or humidity won’t hurt the box, even without a formal IPX certificate. For the authentic blaster feeling, carry the boombox on your shoulder while holding it on the handle.
You can play audio from your laptop, smartphone, or even your computer. It is not limited to Bluetooth enabled devices. The rechargeable battery can run for six hours but can also connect the box to a power supply. All control buttons are lined up on the top below the handle, so you can use them even when carrying the boombox.
Factors to consider before buying Bluetooth Boomboxes:
The rising demand for Bluetooth boomboxes has led to quite some innovation and new designs. While quality might change from model to model, the market offers a huge selection of models. To help you selecting a boombox that fits your needs, we have some tips for you.
- Design: A boombox is per definition more than just a speaker. It has to look good, and design plays an important role, in particular when taking it outside. If you want to impress your friends, look for retro models
- Features: Most boomboxes have not only Bluetooth connectivity but also allow you to connect a USB-device or use an aux-jack. If the blaster has an FM radio, then it is a big plus. And a few models even have LEDs to make the boombox look better at night.
- Portability and power reliability: From batteries to AC, you find everything when looking for Bluetooth boomboxes. We suggest rechargeable batteries with 10 or more hours of playtime, so you don’t have to worry that suddenly the music stops. Lithium-ion batteries are the best and most reliable choice.
- Performance and sound quality: Performance and sound quality matter most in a Bluetooth Boombox. a good bass is a basis, but the higher frequencies should also be clear and crisp. We selected those models where a solid build prevents the case from vibrating. The more output power, the better our best performer has 400 Watt.
- Bluetooth: The most convenient way to connect a device to a boombox is via a Bluetooth connection. Make sure it supports the latest version.
Compared to simple mobile speakers, Bluetooth boomboxes give you more options when it comes to entertainment. From built-in CD players to FM radios, you have a lot of choices. Additionally, they look cool, especially the retro-blasters you can carry on your shoulder. They are a must for skateboarders. Some other models are for outside use when it rains, or you have a dusty environment. And then there are boomboxes which look great in your living room or where you study. We hope you find the right boombox in our selection.