Blackout curtains are the most effective way of blocking out the light coming in the room from outside. They’re far efficient than regular curtains that aren’t completely able to stop sunlight from filtering in.
Also, blackout curtains can stop a room from heating up due to too much sunlight, allowing you to enjoy a comfortable temperature.
It is recommended that you invest in blackout curtains for your bedroom so that you can sleep well through the night and wake up completely fresh the next day!
Blackout curtains can be used in a variety of places including the bedroom, the media room, and other places where you don’t want any light entering.
Since there are various options available when it comes to blackout curtains, you need to pick out the curtains which look great. Here are a few factors that can help you decide.
- The right measurements
Remember, when it comes to curtains, the correct size is crucial. If you buy curtains without measuring them to ensure that they fit the windows completely, then they will just look out of place.
If you don’t take measurements, then you might just end up with too much fullness, too long curtains, or even curtains that feel too short for a window in a room. All of this can disturb the look you’re going for in a room.
- The heading
The way these blackout curtains join to the track or the pole defines the way the curtains drape. This is known as the heading, and there are three kinds of headings you can choose from; eyelet headings, pencil pleat headings, and pinch pleat headings, depending on the look you want.
- Curtain Lining
When it comes to blackout curtains, the lining is the most important thing. Different to how normal curtains are lined, blackout curtains must be lined with a blackout lining so that a minimum amount of light comes in through the window.
- Best Blackout Curtains in 2018
- 10. MYSKY HOME Solid Window Blackout Curtains
- 9. AmazonBasics Room Darkening Blackout Curtain Set
- 8. Deconovo Black Blackout Curtains
- 7. Deconovo Thermal Insulated Blackout Window Curtain
- 6. NICETOWN Grommet Blackout Curtains
- 5. 100% BLACKOUT Curtain Set
- 4. Best Home Fashion Tulle Sheer Blackout Curtain Set
- 3. AMAZLINEN Grommet Top Blackout Curtains
- 2. Utopia Grommet Top Blackout Curtains
- 1. H.Versailtex Traditional Country Style Pattern Blackout Curtains
Best Blackout Curtains in 2018
Listed below are the top 10 best blackout curtains of 2018 that you should consider purchasing if you want to add beautiful and efficient curtains that can keep light out in a room. All of the blackout curtains mentioned below are ideal due to their make, design, and overall functionality.
Take a look more detailed reviews of the best blackout curtains below:
10. MYSKY HOME Solid Window Blackout Curtains
These blackout curtains are made using high-quality polyester thus making these the ideal curtains for offices, bedrooms, kitchen, and living rooms. These curtains have been manufactured using the triple weave technology with high-quality, dense polyester black yarn to block out the cold, heat, and light. Plus, they are quite easy to maintain.
- They are pretty lightweight.
- The material is wonderful, as well as soft.
- They are high-quality curtains.
- Not being fully thermally insulated might be an issue for some.
9. AmazonBasics Room Darkening Blackout Curtain Set
With these blackout curtains by AmazonBasics, you can successfully block out harmful UV rays and sunlight. These are ideal for keeping the bedroom dark and ideal for sleeping in and afternoon naps.
Apart from creating a better sleeping environment, these curtains also promise privacy and reduce the noise coming in from outside.
- It can effectively block out all the light.
- These are high-quality curtains.
- They are made using a sturdy material.
- They are very plain and simple, so the look might not be for everyone.
- The Velcro ties could’ve been more durable.
8. Deconovo Black Blackout Curtains
With these blackout curtains by Deconovo, you can block out most of the sunlight that enters the room thus making these curtains ideal for the kitchen, the kids’ room, the bedroom, and the living room.
To sum it up, these blackout curtains will blackout your room as well as and keep the space cool during summer and warm during winters.
- These curtains are substantial and great looking curtains.
- They efficiently control the temperature of the room.
- They are available in a variety of beautiful colors.
- These do have a synthetic look that might not be appealing to everyone.
7. Deconovo Thermal Insulated Blackout Window Curtain
These blackout windows with thermal insulation are soft, drapery, silky, and quite pleasant to touch. Not only do these provide the utmost privacy, but they also perfectly match different windows. Moreover, these blackout curtains are machine washable to reduce the hassle of cleaning these curtains.
- They help to keep the room cool in summer.
- It is quite affordable.
- Are made using quality material.
- Prevents heat from escaping during winter.
- Some might feel that the noise blocking ability could’ve been better.
6. NICETOWN Grommet Blackout Curtains
These blackout curtains by Nicetown are made using triple weave blackout fabric which balances the temperature of the room by providing insulation against the winter chill and summer heat.
With these curtains, you can protect your furniture, artwork, and floor from the rays of the sun. Moreover, these windows are cost-effective, and over time, they pay for themselves.
- They are made of a fantastic quality material.
- The panels are very well made and quite soft.
- They feature quality stitching.
- Some light may filter in on very sunny days.
5. 100% BLACKOUT Curtain Set
These curtains are sewn in a black liner which softly diffuses away from the daylight while providing additional privacy. Moreover, the double layer lined curtains block 95% of the sunlight that reaches your room. They are made using 100% polyester and faux silk blackout fabric which is thermally insulated.
- The black liner does a fantastic job.
- These curtains block almost all the light.
- They are very soft and beautiful.
- They can feel a bit heavy to some.
4. Best Home Fashion Tulle Sheer Blackout Curtain Set
This mix and match blackout curtain set is a window treatment which provides the room with a romantic, dreamy, and elegant look that can pair up well with different home decors. The two contrasting fabrics work together quite well. With the sheer tulle lace, you can let the light come in, or you can pair the lace with the blackout curtain to block out the light.
- They block out the light quite well.
- Look elegant and sophisticated.
- They are made using a sturdy and durable material.
- Some might feel that the sheer could’ve been better.
3. AMAZLINEN Grommet Top Blackout Curtains
With these blackout curtains from Amazlinen, you can create the perfect peaceful sleeping environment. These curtains block 100% of the UV rays and 95% of the light coming in from the outside. Moreover, these curtains also provide additional privacy and reduce the noise coming in from the outside.
- They are beautiful to look at.
- The fabric is of high-quality and is soft.
- They effectively block out the sun.
- It is a bit heavy.
2. Utopia Grommet Top Blackout Curtains
These are functional and well-designed curtains that provide the windows with a modern and rich look. These blackout curtains by Utopia are premium curtains that minimize the light that enters the room, reduce the noise coming from outside, and provide privacy. The material and design of these blackout curtains make them the ideal choice for all types of windows.
- These are of great quality.
- Are very efficient at blocking out the light.
- They control the temperature of the room well.
- Installing these can be a bit tricky.
1. H.Versailtex Traditional Country Style Pattern Blackout Curtains
These unique curtains are airy and breathable curtains that successfully block out the light while keeping a pleasant temperature inside. The curtains have a sophisticated design that gives the window a great look. These curtains promise easy care and maintenance.
- It is quite affordable.
- These are high-quality and beautiful curtains.
- Are made using a strong and durable material.
- Not everyone might prefer the metallic design of these curtains.
While looking for the top blackout curtains, you should go through this list of the best blackout curtains of 2018 once more to make up your mind about which one you’re interested in purchasing.
All of the blackout curtains listed here are beautiful curtains that block out noise and light as well as save on energy costs. While browsing the market, don’t forget the factors mentioned in the buyer’s guide to help you decide.