A good night sleep doesn’t only mean fluffy pillows or a cozy bed to lie on. But when you’ve got kids at home, it’s not enough to say they’re completely safe when you tuck them in. As far as you know, kids tend to move around unknowingly when they sleep. And if the bed is not carefully secured, he could fall off and might get hurt eventually.
How can you fix such problem?
That’s when you need bed rails. These bed rails fortify the bed’s quality which can reduce accidents such as falling out of the bed. You’ll also be able to get into or out of the bed easily without further assistance, especially for kids or older people. But the best thing about the bed rails is they can provide you a sense of security and comfort that would keep you safe and sound all night!
- DURABILITY: A bed rail is not just a piece of accessory that you use for aesthetic purposes. You use it to keep your kids or anyone in your house safe while sleeping on their beds. And since it will serve as a support and protection, it should be durable and of the highest quality. Check the material. Kids and older people who have troubles of getting up or getting into the bed will fully depend on the bed rails. If it is not sturdy enough, it may cause more harm rather than a good support.
- STYLE: Bed rails come with different designs and styles depending on the use or age of people who would use it. Most bed rails for children or toddlers have a mesh wall so the parents can check them every now and then even on one side or from afar.
- The bed rails for older people, on the other hand, usually have cushioned handles for secure grip or extendable legs with rubber tips that will assist them to get out of the bed or get into it. This type of bed rail doesn’t usually have playful colors or designs as what most bed rails for kids are. It often showcases a classic design and subtle colors.
- SIZE: Do you need a full-length bed rail or a half-length? It depends on the size of your bed, the height of the person, or how much support you need. These bed rails are available in different sizes and there is a certain size of bed rail that is just right for you. It is a prerequisite to determine your needs in order to get the right length.
- Best Bed Rails in 2017 Reviews
- 10. Munchkin Sleep Bed Rail
- 9. Summer Infant Double Safety Bedrail
- 8. Dream On Me Mesh Bed Rails
- 7. Safety 1st Top-of-mattress Bed Rail
- 6. Toddler Bed Rail Guard by ComfyBumpy
- 5. Stay Put Big Girl/Boy Semicircle Bed Rail
- 4. Regalo Hide Away Extra Long Bed Rail
- 3. Portable Double Side Bed rail
- 2. Regalo Swing Down Bedrail
- 1. Hiccapop Toddler Bed Rail Bumper Safety
- Related Articles:
Best Bed Rails in 2017 Reviews
10. Munchkin Sleep Bed Rail
If you have a small child at home and you want to keep her secure while sleeping, this Munchkin sleep bed rail might be the right support you’re looking for. The mesh wall lets you check your child from time to time even on just one side of the bed or when you’re just looking through the door. And because the hinge is a push-button, the bed rail folds down easily so your child can get into and out of the bed without any hassle.
When you place this bed rail under the mattress, it won’t create lumps and you and your kid would still have a comfortable sleep. The rails have strong safety straps that eliminate the gaps. And to set it up, it will only take a minute or less.
9. Summer Infant Double Safety Bedrail
If you need to secure both sides of the bed, the Summer Infant double safety bed rail is a good pick. It is also suitable for twin or queen sized beds. The length and height are just enough to secure both sides and keep your child or anyone using the bed from falling. The other side also folds down which makes the access much easier or if you want to sit on the bedside and read stories to your child.
It is easy to assemble. Once you’re done, it goes right under the mattress without the uncomfortable lumps. But do remember that functions as a double bed rail and you cannot detach and use one part of for only one side of the bed. But there’s a huge advantage with its design. Because the rails tightly connect underneath the mattress, the support is stable and reliable. No matter how your kid moves, it won’t easily come off.
8. Dream On Me Mesh Bed Rails
When your child outgrows his crib, you need a bed that is as safe as his crib. The Dream on Me Mesh Bed Rail provides a secure bedside that will keep your child safe from falling out of the bed. The construction is impressively durable that can be reliable as a good support.
This bed rail is also lightweight and easy to assemble. The height and length are also just perfect for toddlers. However, it is not as tall as the other bed rails so a 5-inch tall mattress or less is preferable. And the best thing about it is the price. You can have it at an affordable price!
7. Safety 1st Top-of-mattress Bed Rail
It is sometimes difficult to know whether the bed rails positioned properly or not. But if you need an indicator that says so, the Safety 1st Top-of-mattress bed rail features something you need. It is innovatively designed with SecureTech system that tells you if the bed rail is locked and in a correct position. It has a light indicator that turns green when it is locked correctly and red if not.
Others use it for co-sleeping and some are for toddlers. But with its size, it can fit a twin, full, or queen sized bed. It is easy to assemble, features a sturdy construction, and provides secure and stable bedside support. You can also use it even if you have a thick mattress.
6. Toddler Bed Rail Guard by ComfyBumpy
The Toddler Bed Rail by ComfyBumpy is suitable for all bed sizes, so if you’re looking for a bed rail that is extremely flexible in all types of beds, you’ve got to check this one out. It uses a Velcro that connects to the slat bases and the adjustable straps for Boxspring mattresses also make it easier to set up. And if you want to place it on another bed or take it off completely, removing it is no trouble.
The breathable mesh padding is a plus on the comfort. Parents can also look through the mesh to check their kid every now and then. ComfyBumpy ensures all the materials and the construction are of the highest quality. with its innovative design, you can fold it down for easy access or make it taller for thicker mattresses.
5. Stay Put Big Girl/Boy Semicircle Bed Rail
This bed rail from Pillowflex is quite different from the typical bed rails you see in the market. This one’s a bumper pad that keeps you secure and comfortable at the same time. You can just place it right under your linens and make it look like a part of the mattress. Make sure you’re using a fitted sheet. No more screws and hassle installation!
This bed rail features an ideal height and firm foam that make it more difficult for most children to roll over or move around when they sleep. The bump is really high and tall enough to secure the sides of the bed. So if you’re looking for a bed rail that offers superior comfort, you can give this one a shot.
4. Regalo Hide Away Extra Long Bed Rail
Are you looking for a bed rail that you can keep away easily? If you haven’t found one, the Regalo Hide Away bed rail might be the best choice for you. It is designed with a patented HideAway feature that lets you tuck the bed rail between the mattresses. You can just slide it in and you’re all done. And because it is 54 inches long, it provides full support on the bedside.
If you want to adjust it according to the size of the bed, you can do so. It has anchoring straps that are adjustable to provide a secure fit. It also has a mesh cover that keeps your child in sight. And if you want to uninstall it for cleanup, it is easy to remove and safe for washing.
3. Portable Double Side Bed rail
This portable double side bed rail is probably the longest and tallest bed rail in our list! So if you need to secure a king, twin, or queen size bed with a taller enclosure, you can consider this one. It is easy to set up and might only take you a minute or less to do it! No tools needed!
It also features a swing-down design that allows you to fold the bed rail down for easy access or whenever it is time to change the bed sheet. It is sturdy and impeccably durable with its steel construction. As much as your kid wants to play around the bed or roll over it while sleeping, this bed rail would keep your child safe and sound all day and night!
2. Regalo Swing Down Bedrail
Do you need a bed rail for a queen or twin size beds? This swing-down bed rail from Regalo will do. It is easy to set up without any tools needed. With its patented Gap Guard technology, the height and length are adequate to provide a secure fit. And if you are thinking if this is reliable enough for a bedside support, its steel construction makes it quite durable. You can use it for more years to come or as your child grows.
The mesh wall is also washable and removable. So when you need to clean it up after use, you can do so and you can use it again in no time.
1. Hiccapop Toddler Bed Rail Bumper Safety
The first in our list is one of the best-sellers in the market. This Hiccapop toddler bed rail bumper provides a comfortable enclosure for your child to prevent him or her from falling out of the bed whenever your child moves around or rolls over the bed.
This does not need any complicated and time-consuming installation. You can just place it on top of your mattress right under your bed sheet. That’s it! Unlike metal bed rails, this bumper pad offers superior comfort and also security for your child while sleeping.
Hiccapop promises to give you only the best quality and safe material. Hence, this foam is BPA-free, washable, and water-resistant. This would also be a great assistance for the transition from crib to big bed!
With the overwhelming list of the best bed rails in the market, finding the best one seems to be a bit difficult. But if you first determine your needs, you will be able to get the bed rail that best suits you or your child. You should always consider the material or durability, the size, or the style of the bed rail you are planning to buy. Because if you end up with the wrong one, your or your child’s safety might be at risk.
If you are still having a hard time, we hope that our detailed guideline and the top ten list of the best-selling bed rails in the market have helped you come up with the best decision.